Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Acu-Rite 00613 Digital Hygrometer from Wal-Mart
Boobar 09:16 PM 01-26-2011
Stopped into Wally World today to check one of these out and of course they were all out. I will have to check out another Wal-Mart in my area to see if they might have any.
[Reply]
Drez 07:08 AM 01-27-2011
Just picked up 2 more of these today.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:55 AM 01-27-2011
Will hafta visit Wally World to check for a few.
[Reply]
Trent0341 05:41 PM 01-31-2011
Glad you guys are having good luck with them. I bought one before I even read this thread... Salt tested it and its off by 8%. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong so I did it again with the same results. Win some lose some I guess.
[Reply]
Giants85 07:16 PM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by Trent0341:
Glad you guys are having good luck with them. I bought one before I even read this thread... Salt tested it and its off by 8%. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong so I did it again with the same results. Win some lose some I guess.
From my experience these are hit and miss..I've had about 5 and none have been less than about 6% variance. Eventually settling on a 10% and 6% variance and returning/exchanging the others.

Aside from the variance issue they do seem to hold pretty steady and are quite accurate (meaning after adjusting for the variance both hygros read the same RH).

I've learned(reluctantly) to just trust my beads and how the cigars are smoking to be the best determinate for RH.:-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 08:25 PM 01-31-2011
Grabbed two of these today to toss into my new frigidor. Currently they've only been salt testing for a couple hours, so they're not reading 75% yet. They are, however, both reading the same humidity, which seems like a good sign--I would think that if one or both were off, they wouldn't likely be off by the same amount.
[Reply]
ArgusP2 01:59 AM 03-02-2011
Picked up one today at Wally World and it was still $8!
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:55 AM 03-02-2011
I'm happy with my two adjustable digitals, but for the price these look decent. It seems getting one that is accurate is a crap shoot however, and see no point in saving 10 bucks on something that is measuring the humidification of cigars worth 100 times that. Furthermore, I don't support Wally World or BP Gas...........end rant
[Reply]
cobra03 02:09 PM 03-02-2011
I picked up one of these a few weeks ago. it salt tested exactly 10% under. i like the way it works otherwise. i just add 10 to what it says. for the price i cant complain
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:19 PM 03-02-2011
I really like the HygroSet hygrometers**. They are +/- 2% on RH -- which is pretty darn good (many more expensive meters are +/- 3%) -- and they are adjustable. Yes they are twice the price of the Wal-Mart Acu-Rite's but I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for....

The thing people tend to forget about with hygrometers is that you need to change the batteries at least every 6 months, otherwise they become less accurate...

** this has nothng to do with the fact that I sell them... I chose to sell them because they are accurate and I sell them as cheaply as I can so that people buying beads can pick up a reliable but (relatively) inexpensive hygrometer
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:17 AM 07-11-2011
It would appear that Acu-Rite has changed their design?
I can't find anything on Acu-Rites website stating it changed, they still have the same picture. Might want to grab them up if you can find them, unless the second image is the old vesion and my Walmart just hasn't sold them yet.

When I went to Wal-Mart this weekend I found one of this model:

And 3 of this model on the same hook for the same price. The problem is that it is about 2 times thicker than the first one
so it would not fit nicely into a small humi:
[Reply]
Jasonw560 11:00 PM 07-22-2011
I picked one of these up the other day. Looks to big for what my humi will be. (Last one lost in my divorce, been using the sponge and tupperware for some time).

I am debating on taking it back and getting this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp
?productId=4030122&numProdsPerPage=60

Anyone ever tried these before I shell out the money for it? Con is it's oly available oline. Have to wait.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:06 PM 07-22-2011
I would just get the one that pretty much everyone uses. and that would be the one posted above your post at wal-mart or these babies

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_digit...s_DIGITAL.html

You can find them cheaper if you look. Cigarmony.com has them too.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 01:09 PM 07-25-2011
Kept it. Placed it in a salt chamber at 9:00 AM yesterday, and as of 6:00 this morning (21 hours later), it was at 75% RH, and 72 degrees Farenheit.
[Reply]
irratebass 08:18 PM 08-22-2011
Dang! And I just came from Walmart......ugh, I am in need a digital one.:-)
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:25 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Dang! And I just came from Walmart......ugh, I am in need a digital one.:-)
There's also these:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Springfiel...meter/10671021
[Reply]
T.G 09:59 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
I'd avoid that one. A number of years ago, they used to be ok, maybe off by a few points, but at least they were consistent. Now, very unreliable. Most likely a parts change. Last ones I tried wouldn't read above somewhere in the high-50's.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:09 AM 08-23-2011
HA! I click on the link and it says "Sorry, but the site is down for it's nightly maintenance LOL Thanks anyway, I will just go into walmart this week and pick on up.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:13 AM 08-23-2011
I have two of them both are 4% off, lucky the OP is soo close.
I can't find the slim one anymore, now all I can find look like this:

My local Walmarts do not have these ones, wish they did.
The link says out of stock online.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:03 PM 08-28-2011
Just picked one up today for $7.94 before tax......salt testing as we speak.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up