Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>How do you buy/pick the cigars you get?
lightning9191 04:43 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
If buying in singles online, shipping becomes a major concern.
You could use the free shipping code for CI or I think Tampa Humidor has free shipping on singles.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 05:40 PM 06-10-2009
I sample (usually 2 to 5 cigars) then I buy boxes of what I like. Lately, I've been enjoying past purchases trying to make more room in my humis.
[Reply]
Catfish 05:43 PM 06-10-2009
no more than 5 at a time unless the deal is smoooooooookin good.
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 05:49 PM 06-10-2009
I buy singles at the B&M. Price is an issue at mine. Online, I look for good deals and buy boxes or 5ers of things I have bought or have been gifted that I like. When I do buy singles of something new, I always buy more than one. One to smoke right away. One to try later. Sometimes a third to gift for a second opinion. I have found that the smoke changes after a week or two of being at home, so the first smoke of a new buy is in that time frame.

Edited to add: The best place I have found for cheap 5ers is that evil site...... CBid.

I know. I have issues.
[Reply]
catfish2 07:27 PM 06-11-2009
I still use the top 25 cigar database. Even though I don't post there any more. I still like the reviews on that page.
[Reply]
G G 07:31 PM 06-11-2009
At random.
[Reply]
big a 07:41 PM 06-11-2009
After thinking more, i realize that i should smoke the same cigar 2-3 times before i judge it.

Originally Posted by catfish2:
I still use the top 25 cigar database. Even though I don't post there any more. I still like the reviews on that page.
Link please
[Reply]
Jimbo14 07:53 PM 06-11-2009
I usually go off reviews. If alot of people say they have loved a cigar I will go buy about two or three and try them.

For example I kept reading such good reviews about the CAO MX2 line and I found it fancinating how they had so many blends of tobacco in one cigar. So I really wanted to try one. I have now tried three daggers, one robusto and one toro. All were fantastic so I have just ordered a bunch more from atlantic cigars.

If you havent already tried the CAO MX2 line I highly recommend it. Amazing unique cigars.
[Reply]
Barteur 07:54 PM 06-11-2009
Buy fiver to try them out.

Rely on the information I get here and my experiences to buy boxes. I really enjoy collecting cigars in boxes.

I always make sure I randomly smoke my cigars, meaning, I make sure I have smoke at least one in every boxe before restarting again.

Frenchie
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up