Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Curse cigar abstinence! CURSE IT!
yourchoice 01:43 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Azaelius:
Awwww.... but I LIKE the pretty humidors! I'm a sucker for art. I'll get a cooler for overflow. :-)
Me too. I've never had a coolidor either. Bought a desktop, outgrew it and invested in a cabinet. But if I only had $150 for a complete cigar startup budget, I would likely have gone the coolidor route and spent the extra dough on cigars. That's all :-)

Enjoy. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:01 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Desktops are nice as a conversation piece.
Yeah, it's no mystery that every cigar smoker has a desktop. it is a quaint reminder of the past
for most people, but it's still where the real business of smoking starts. I have easily 8 ice chests,
but every cigar I smoke comes out of a desktop.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 02:33 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Desktops are nice as a conversation piece. Coolers are much less hassle, and you should be able to pick up a cooler at Wally World for well under $50 that will comfortably hold a few hundred cigars. You may not *need* those cigars right now, but more storage space gives you room to bury that new box of smokes for a few months, and let them dry out a bit. It's personal preference of course, but I find I enjoy my sticks much more with at least a month of rest.
If you keep an eye out for samplers, sales, and score on the auction sites, you can build up a nice collection without going broke. And check out the Cheap Smokes Thread. Expensive is not always good, and cheap is not always bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) :-)

That's the exact logic I used when I decided to get a cooler as well as the Treasure Dome. When I would find a good deal on CBid it would take up half of my humi if I happened to get a box. The cooler makes it much easier to order at bulk prices.
[Reply]
Azaelius 04:54 PM 05-05-2010
Good news all! The gf has revoked the abstinence promise so I am back on! w00t! :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:01 PM 05-05-2010
That's what you get for being a light weight! J/K :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 06:25 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
That's what you get for being a light weight! J/K :-)
Lol thanks. But I really am a cigar lightweight, despite my 200ish poundage. More like a rookie than a lightweight. ;-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:57 PM 05-05-2010
Next time, skip the Gurkha's and buy some MOW Ruinations and some LFD sticks. J/K smoke what makes you happy brother! But eat first.
[Reply]
Azaelius 08:04 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Next time, skip the Gurkha's and buy some MOW Ruinations and some LFD sticks. J/K smoke what makes you happy brother! But eat first.
Odly enough, the ruination is on my list, as is the Virtue. The LFD's however, were not explicity there, but I'm puttin 'em there now! Along with Joya de Nicaragua Antaņo 1970 and a few different Olivas. Oh, and CAO. You know what? I'm gonna just shop around. I feel like a kid in the largest candy store EVER with all the cigar variety available online. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 04:02 AM 05-06-2010
Yeah those Ruinations are powerhouses, as are the Jdn Antano's. Another GREAT full bodied smoke is the Oliva V. Those are my faves.The MOW Virtue's are more mild bodied. Haven't had one yet.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:35 AM 05-06-2010
The MOW Virtue's are more mild bodied. Haven't had one yet.
When I first saw the description I thought, "MoW for lightweights." So I called Microsof-- er, nevermind. I meant to say that instead of lightweights, I thought of a synonym that rhymes with wussies. :-)
What's next: Camacho Triple Maduro Lite? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
marge796 07:05 AM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-) I'm with Joel and eat something before smoking your sticks "rookie". :-) :-)
^^^ Funny & true all in one statement. ^^^

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Azaelius 09:40 AM 05-06-2010
Yeah those Ruinations are powerhouses, as are the Jdn Antano's. Another GREAT full bodied smoke is the Oliva V. Those are my faves.The MOW Virtue's are more mild bodied. Haven't had one yet.
I like the powerhouses, but I enjoy a mild as well. Hopefully the Virtue holds the complexity of flavor I hope it does.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up