Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What to smoke for graduation?
Kwilkinson 07:36 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by D_A:
Hey, you passed FNG 101 already. :-)
Had to google FNG, but :-)
[Reply]
Hardcz 07:36 AM 05-07-2009
The year some d00sh was born named Kevin Wilkinson....

No war, just a congrats cigar and thanks for learning me to sharpen things.

Any plans on where you might work?
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 07:39 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
The year some d00sh was born named Kevin Wilkinson....

No war, just a congrats cigar and thanks for learning me to sharpen things.

Any plans on where you might work?
Dunno man. I've applied to a lot of places for my externship. Hopefully I get a great externship and can stay on board afterward. If I can only get a decent externship, then I'll prob try to stay in that job for at least 6+ months to get some more experience. I'd like to stay in Chicago/Minneapolis/DC/NYC/SanFran (or yountsvillle or healdsburg :-):-) ). But honestly, this is my career, it's the rest of my life. I'm ready to get started and follow the path that life takes me on.

BTW stop calling me Kevin, Dane.:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:46 AM 05-07-2009
Anyone needing an address for Kyle I have one that is valid through August.

PM me if interested.

:-)

I do know that he is a single malt drinker. Just sayin.

87? Christ! Now I do feel old! Thanks buddy. :-):
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 07:50 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Anyone needing an address for Kyle I have one that is valid through August.

PM me if interested.

I do know that he is a single malt drinker. Just sayin.

87? Christ! Now I do feel old! Thanks buddy.
DUDE

:-):-)

Note to newbs: if you think you have friends on this site, you are bound to get backstabbed!

You can't be any older than my dad, who is an ancient 57. But man, you have a kid in college now. Gettin up there buddy :-)

BTW, I'd give out your address but I'm pretty sure everyone knows it! I think it comes in the first PM new members get :-):-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 08:27 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by Kwilkinson:
The one thing I learned is that when you're new in a kitchen, you best keep your head down, your mouth shut, and your ears open.
With that statement alone you're more set-up to succeed then all the crap kids i get coming out of CIA, PICA, J&W, and Le Cordon Blew. (i spelled it that way on purpose)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:45 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Well for crying out loud Darrell....this is the non-cuban section! I would vote for a Mag 50 just because that is the latest cuban I'm in love with.
I'd have to agree with George, I have had a couple and they are exquisite - and they are only from 2008. I cannot imagine what these ould be like with some age.

Of course, as we are looking at NCs, I'd have to concur with the Padron '64 Maduros are about the tops, and the Exclusivo is (IMO) the best of them.

However, I am going to through out another that is simply exquisite, with some of the most incredible flavors (but less full-bodied). That is the Moore & Bode Flamboyan blend. If you can get some of these, you will not be disappointed - the Salvadore is great, and the Brass or Full Brass are simply incredible.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:53 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Well for crying out loud Darrell....this is the non-cuban section! I would vote for a Mag 50 just because that is the latest cuban I'm in love with.
Technically, it's ALL Cigar Discussion.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:55 AM 05-07-2009
NC= Opus X power ranger...or Davidoff Grand Cru #2

CC=Partagas P2, Partagas 898v, Cohiba Lancero
[Reply]
Hardcz 08:59 AM 05-07-2009
ok Kev.....

chop me up some tiny square onions please.
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 07:48 PM 05-07-2009
Thanks for all the recs guys, I really appreciate them.
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
With that statement alone you're more set-up to succeed then all the crap kids i get coming out of CIA, PICA, J&W, and Le Cordon Blew. (i spelled it that way on purpose)
I'm actually an LCB student. To be entirely honest, my school is nothing more than a diploma factory, riding the reputation it built up before LCB bought it out. When I see the people that keep passing classes and see the food they produce and realize it's only b/c they pay their tuition bill monthly, I know it's pretty F'd up. But, like most things I try to realize that I'll only get out of it exactly what I put into it. I definitely don't think I'm going to go into a kitchen and be an exec. chef in 3 years, which is what a lot of my fellow students seem to think.
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
ok Kev.....

chop me up some tiny square onions please.
:-):-) I can do that.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:49 PM 05-07-2009
Conrgrats!!! Any of the Padron Annys will treat you well. :-)
[Reply]
JJG 08:21 PM 05-07-2009
My vote goes to PAMs as well. Excellent flavor, reasonably priced and widely available.

or see if you can track down an Opus X in the WTB forum. They're over-priced and even more over-hyped but still excellent smokes in my opinion.

but most importantly get something BIG like double corona and give yourself plenty of time to sit back and reflect on your accomplishment. :-)
[Reply]
Jimbo14 12:26 AM 05-08-2009
Something from the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos line
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 06:00 PM 05-09-2009
I don't really know where to post this or if I should, but I'm excited. I just got my externship at Cyrus in Healdsburg, CA. It's one of the nicest places in the country. I am SO f-ing excited. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 06:28 AM 05-10-2009
Congrats!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:31 AM 05-10-2009
Congreats...great job!!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:38 PM 05-11-2009
:-)Congrats Kyle!!!:-)

Can't go wrong with PAM 64 or 26!!!:-)
[Reply]
ReggieFSULaw 07:08 PM 05-11-2009
Nothing says success like an Opus X.
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 07:10 PM 05-11-2009
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the recs and congratulations.

Originally Posted by ReggieFSULaw:
Nothing says success like an Opus X.
It rhymes, too! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up