Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Lancero Vitola
Xolotal Mungin 11:20 PM 09-02-2014
Contrary to American trends, I love the lancero/panatela vitola. They provide a long, slow smoke. As to being plugged, my experience is that this is rare. They are, however, harder to find and tend to cost more than a typical robusto. The ratio of wrapper to filler/binder is a definite plus and I often prefer the flavor. Tatuaje, JdN, Room101, Fuente (kind of), My Father, Kristoff, Nestor Miranda, Paul Gamirian, Oliva, Illusione, LFD, Viaje, BLTC and others all make lanceros. I'm waiting to try the 1502s myself. The Cohiba was supposed to be Castro's personal exclusive for many years. As time goes on, I find the lanceros and perfectos to often be my favorite vitolas and I believe both are considered to be the pinnacle of the torcedor's art.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:03 AM 09-03-2014
The gauge of the cigar, along with the length make it special. The ratio of filler, binder, and wrapper on that gauge cigar makes one of the most flavorful vitolas. Similar to a corona in that respect, but it also has the length to let flavors marry and become more complex that only a longer cigar can do.

If you do smoke some lanceros, make sure to smoke them slow, just as the balance is perfect, they can become hot very easily and then taste harsh and you'll be wondering what the fuss was about.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:58 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by pattersong:
Thanks for all the great thoughts guys! I'm definitely going to find a nice lancero to try. I've got a few in mind.
Cheers!
I'm not a big lancero fan but the Oliva V and Illusione Holy Lance are fantastic cigars.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:16 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I'm not a big lancero fan but the Oliva V and Illusione Holy Lance are fantastic cigars.
Two of my absolute favorites. :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 01:37 PM 09-03-2014
Lancero's!!! One of my favorite vitolas out there
[Reply]
shark 06:18 PM 09-04-2014
One of my favorites as well.
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:37 PM 09-04-2014
Did anyone say LGC MdO No.3??? Yum
[Reply]
the MacDonald 06:57 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by Xolotal Mungin:
Contrary to American trends, I love the lancero/panatela vitola. They provide a long, slow smoke. As to being plugged, my experience is that this is rare. They are, however, harder to find and tend to cost more than a typical robusto. The ratio of wrapper to filler/binder is a definite plus and I often prefer the flavor. Tatuaje, JdN, Room101, Fuente (kind of), My Father, Kristoff, Nestor Miranda, Paul Gamirian, Oliva, Illusione, LFD, Viaje, BLTC and others all make lanceros. I'm waiting to try the 1502s myself. The Cohiba was supposed to be Castro's personal exclusive for many years. As time goes on, I find the lanceros and perfectos to often be my favorite vitolas and I believe both are considered to be the pinnacle of the torcedor's art.
If I had a cigar store it would be all lanceros, true old time style perfectos and smaller rg Churchills (48-50) cause once in a while I have 4 hours to kill.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:02 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Did anyone say LGC MdO No.3??? Yum
Is that really a Lancero? Great cigar if you can find them. Only the No. 4's seem to be left.
[Reply]
STEVE S 08:08 AM 09-05-2014
I love the lancer size, I find that the flavor profiles usually are better. (filler/binder to wrapper) But you have to remember to take your time, so as, to not heat up the cigar.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up