Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva Maduro's taking over CA!!
jm0307 06:01 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by rsamos:
I could be wrong, but I was assuming the OP was talking about the 'V' maddy which just saw a limited first release.
Right you are, and I should have deduced that the talk was about Vs, as the G and O Maduros aren't exactly new additions.
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:10 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
They definitely live up to the hype. They are my favorite NC so far.

One vendor told me that this is the most hyped cigar since the Tat Black.
Well that's wrong. It's the most hyped cigar since the Tat Frank.

New hype every two weeks it seems.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 06:12 AM 11-19-2008
did not care for it 1 bit... was WAY to exciting going into it, did nothing for me, My friend had the tightest draw imaginable... Mine had a decent draw.... but lost any flavor within minutes... i will give it one more try, and after that im signing off from Oliva
even the v's dont make par these days
[Reply]
icantbejon 06:22 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
did not care for it 1 bit... was WAY to exciting going into it, did nothing for me, My friend had the tightest draw imaginable... Mine had a decent draw.... but lost any flavor within minutes... i will give it one more try, and after that im signing off from Oliva
even the v's dont make par these days
That's why I came to the conclusion that I'm not even opening these for a while. From the mixed reviews I keep getting, I assume these are going to need some time.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:41 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
What was the last cigar you can remember that caused this much interest?
Tat Black comes to mind.
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 06:42 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
What was the last cigar you can remember that caused this much interest? I'm fairly new to the cigar forum world, but I've never seen so much talk about the same cigar.
A few that I can remember off the top of my head are:

Padron Anni 64
Opus X
NUB
Tat Black
Oliva Serie V (Regular line)

I'm not saying any of these are over-hyped or anything, but these cigars did/do generate alot of buzz out in the cigar world.

One that I do remember and have to say was over hyped.. the CAO Vision. They were all over the forums and magazines for a short time but all the reviews also seemed to include "dog rocket", "turd" or "Eh" and "cool box" in the sentence.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:20 AM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Coz77:
Take the cigar for what it is...I find hype sometimes ruins otherwise great cigars. My 1st opus sucked because I expected so much from it. In actuality though Im sure its was fantastic. The second one however was :-):-):-).

Sit back relax and smoke that cigar with no prerequisites.

Dont believe the HYPE!! YEAH BOY!

I totally agree with this statement. I can't remember how many times in the past that I had anticipated smoking something of mythical lore, only to be completely disappointed with the end result. It's the same with movies for me....I can't help but read reviews/hype/spoilers before I go see a premiere and many times, the end result just doesn't compare to what I had anticipated. My best advice? Smoke one when you least expected to....just randomly pull one out sometime under no certain circumstance and go for it....you'll get a more true representation of how bad a** it's supposed to be! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
AdamC 09:46 AM 11-19-2008
Think I have had my mads for a few weeks now still haven't touched them. I sold one box, and still have another. I am gonna let them sit for a while.
[Reply]
icantbejon 01:20 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
One that I do remember and have to say was over hyped.. the CAO Vision. They were all over the forums and magazines for a short time but all the reviews also seemed to include "dog rocket", "turd" or "Eh" and "cool box" in the sentence.
that kinda sucks cause I was really looking forward to trying those. Hmmmmm. I'll still give one a try I'm sure.

tobii, if you're continuing to monitor my posts for bomb suggestions knock it off.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up