Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>"V" Cutter vs regular straight cut
Chavez 02:16 PM 04-05-2011
I've used a v cut on robusto and toro sized smokes and have been pleasantly surprised! I think the last one was on a Traviata, one my more favorite smokes on the market right now. Never thought about putting this cut on a torp. Gonna have to give it a try now though...

I think what I really like about a v cut is that is maintains the construction on the cap really well. I'm sure we have all had the pleasure of peeling of a ring or two from our cap as we smoke. Kind of a pain sometimes. Never had that problem with a v cut though...
[Reply]
txsmoke 03:40 PM 04-05-2011
I use my V cutter quite a bit!
[Reply]
vzontini 07:20 PM 04-05-2011
I also use the Xikar VX cutter quite a bit, though not on torpedos. I use the Palio on those. The VX cuts effortlessly. It is a great tool.

I'm an accessory junkie so I currently have the Xikar VX V-cutter, Xikar MX scissors, Xikar 007 punch, the Palio guillotine cutter, Drew Estate Bulletproof cutter, and more. I ordered Room 101 Limited 213 custom Xikar cutter with the skull motif but sent it back because the handles were poorly attached. Looking at the Xikar 3D Mayan as an alternative.

For general carry I usually go to the Xikar MX scissors because they fold up compactly and are functional for just about any cigar. But at home I use what works best with a particular cigar. I've found different tools work for different cigars or at least that is what I tell myself. LOL.
[Reply]
CigarRod 07:32 PM 04-05-2011
I have a V cutter and a punch, and I prefer the punch. Reading all these I feel bad in saying that but hey is what it is, i always ffind myself sliding it a couple times because if i don't I get crap in my mouth. So i do it every now and then but just my limited experience.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up