Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>cigar enjoyment time dwindling?
tobii3 05:09 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
The high has been -27 C (-16 F). Last night it hit -37 C (-35 F).
Jeeeezus!!!!!!!

You need to MOVE!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Mr B 05:25 PM 01-14-2009
If I was not able to have a lunch time smoke I would'nt have many at all either. Luckily it stays warm enough here that a thick coat will do or if raining, into the truck with the vent on.
Because of the lunchtime thing I usually go with smaller smokes, Coronas robustos etc. I hate to throw out 1/2 a smoke. I save the big guys for when I have the proper time.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 07:08 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Jeeeezus!!!!!!!

You need to MOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Haha...
I say that to myself every winter.
[Reply]
dccraft 07:14 PM 01-14-2009
I have found that I smoke very little in the winter. Today it's +8*F and that is just too cold to stand around outside for a smoke. The local B&M closes by the time I get out of work so that's not an option.

My most favorite time to smoke is around the campfire on a warm summer evening. It doesn't get any better than that for me.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 07:31 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
Haha...Well, you attach it to whatever tank you want. That one is attached to a girly little thing for some reason. I have mine hooked up one of the really large ones that you'd hook your grill up to. It gets plenty hot--I can touch up an uneven stick just by holding it an inch away and rotating.
Actually I meant the top part, but now you've got me thinking......
It sounds like it throws of enough heat. But can it be used inside, like a 3 season sunroom, or a garage?
[Reply]
gvarsity 07:40 PM 01-14-2009
Wow y'all are making me feel a little better. I don't get more than a couple of smokes a month but there are at least a few places around here to smoke. I end up at a local BW3 on a regular basis, smoking, beer, sports on tv and hot wings. Pretty good scenario it's the full time job and the seven month old that keep me from having time to smoke.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 08:11 PM 01-14-2009
Actually I meant the top part, but now you've got me thinking......
It sounds like it throws of enough heat. But can it be used inside, like a 3 season sunroom, or a garage?

Absolutely, I have it set up in my garage. The trick is finding a good distance between the heater and your chair, or else your knees start to smoke :-)

Here is their product site . I believe I am using the MH12 and I haven't had a problem. The tanks last quite a while as well, it doesn't burn them too quickly.
[Reply]
blugill 08:25 PM 01-14-2009
I have only smoked about four cigars since it got really cold in the Fall and now deep into Winter.

I enjoy sitting outside in a comfy chair with a drink and iPod/iPhone listening to music. It is great to unwind from a long day like that while the Sun goes down! It is just too cold and not relaxing enough in the Winter.
[Reply]
brigey57 09:59 PM 01-14-2009
I notice the number of smokes I have go down in proportion to the outdoor temperature. I long for the Spring. :-)
[Reply]
totallytentative 10:37 PM 01-14-2009
I'm new-ish to the hobby, but I was having 2 to 3 per week when I first started in the summer. Once the days started getting shorter and the air colder, I've gone down to an average of something like 2 to 3 per month. I bought a heater to put in front of me on my deck, but that doesn't help the fact that it's dark by the time I get home from work. :-) I REALLY miss being able to unwind with a cigar after a stressful day at work.

I check the almanac online almost every day to watch the days get longer.... all I need is 1 to 1.5 hours of semi-daylight and I should have enough time for a smaller cigar of some kind (I'm a slow smoker).
[Reply]
rrplasencia 09:13 AM 01-15-2009
You could send your sticks down to Miami for the winter and i'll keep them company. :-)
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 10:01 AM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
You could send your sticks down to Miami for the winter and i'll keep them company. :-)
I don't think I'd care for the drool marks, if I ever got them back:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 12:11 PM 01-15-2009
I don't think I'd care for the drool marks, if I ever got them back:-)

he might give em back but I think it would be in the form of gray ash
[Reply]
Dukeuni 01:09 PM 01-16-2009
I agree with you, I may only smoke 1 cigar a week it seems. I can't wait for the summer time so I can go on walks after work to smoke a cigar, and sit outside at our patio and surf the web and smoke some of my cigars. Ah, I am looking forward to that greatly!
[Reply]
GWags 01:47 PM 01-16-2009
I say this every winter .... "I'm getting a gas line run to the garage and a heater installed this spring"

4 yrs later I still rely on my kerosene space heater which does a decent job but still puts off some kero fumes. So I'll say it again - Once Lowes starts clearencing thier garage heaters I'm buying one!!!!!!!!!! I just wonder how long it will take for me to hire someone to install it :-)
[Reply]
CigaSkills9 08:47 PM 01-16-2009
You just got to make the time, I smoke a cigar any chance I have.....Enjoy life man! It's to short not too!
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:05 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Every day on the drive home!!!
I agree...time to start smoking in the car or truck. It's yours, smoke it up!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up