Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>12 Ronsons $17 until 8PM 12/9/10
hotreds 04:16 PM 12-13-2010
Nope, mine did not have a wrap and thus all but one came out of the holder. So, indeed, they had the dings the ad mentioned!
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:18 PM 12-13-2010
Got mine today, 11 out of 12 work.
[Reply]
papajohn67 04:23 PM 12-13-2010
Still processing.....but they did email me the chance to get in on their latest offer.
[Reply]
waffle 05:47 PM 12-13-2010
has anyone taken the clip out or tried to take the clip out to make them into a true torch as opposed to the mini-torch I'd qualify these as.
[Reply]
Bunker 05:54 PM 12-13-2010
I got mine today, same assortment of finishes but they all seem to work.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:57 PM 12-13-2010
Arrived today...some dings and adhesive all over them. Nothing some WD-40 didn't take care of. :-) Ferdie...your set gets cleaned tomorrow.

[Reply]
kelmac07 05:59 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Still processing.....but they did email me the chance to get in on their latest offer.
John...I emailed them last night and recieved a response this morning that mine had shipped...and then they arrived today. :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 06:03 PM 12-13-2010
Got mine today. Definately not a Jetlite. Would like to see how they perform on a cigar.
[Reply]
T.G 06:34 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
has anyone taken the clip out or tried to take the clip out to make them into a true torch as opposed to the mini-torch I'd qualify these as.
Depending on the nozzle design, it might or might not ever be possible to get a jet flame out of these - you could just end up with a little bit more height on the blue kernel low flame, assuming it doesn't blow itself out on ignition.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:51 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Depending on the nozzle design, it might or might not ever be possible to get a jet flame out of these - you could just end up with a little bit more height on the blue kernel low flame, assuming it doesn't blow itself out on ignition.
I already had a few producing a jet flame on arrival, so I am hoping they can all be adjusted to do the same.
[Reply]
T.G 07:57 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I already had a few producing a jet flame on arrival, so I am hoping they can all be adjusted to do the same.
Cool.
[Reply]
massphatness 08:14 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Nope, mine did not have a wrap and thus all but one came out of the holder. So, indeed, they had the dings the ad mentioned!
:-)
[Reply]
max_power 08:34 PM 12-13-2010
Mine had the cling wrap on them, so no real dings. The adhesive was kind of a pain to get off though. All 12 work fine. I got three types of lighter, as shown here:

Awesome_2_01 by The_Max_Power, on Flickr

And two of the flame:
Awesome_4_01 by The_Max_Power, on Flickr

Awesome_3_01 by The_Max_Power, on Flickr
[Reply]
Whynot 09:17 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

Here is my set.......after putting it back together as my box looked just like the one in the previous photo post.

P.S.
For anyone concerned, the darn things work way better than any of my Colibri in that at least it works.
That's kind of funny, but sad also. I have a very nice triple flame Colibri. It has never once lit for me. I need to see about sending it in I guess. It has sat for years and been in 2 countries with me, and I have never taken the time to see about getting it fixed. Man I'm lazy.
[Reply]
Bunker 05:26 AM 12-14-2010
I used one to light my morning cigar (Alec Bradley Family Blend) and it worked fine.

Maybe not as powerful as the jetlight (no sound anyway) but it still is a focussed flame and worked better than a normal soft butane lighter. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:05 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by Whynot:
That's kind of funny, but sad also. I have a very nice triple flame Colibri. It has never once lit for me. I need to see about sending it in I guess. It has sat for years and been in 2 countries with me, and I have never taken the time to see about getting it fixed. Man I'm lazy.
Don't bother.
They'll fix it and two days later, if that long, it won't work again.
Been there done that with a few of them.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 06:29 AM 12-14-2010
Your item was processed through and left our BETHPAGE, NY 11714 facility on December 13, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Fail! Ordered it within 5 minutes of my first set going to MA. That package was delivered yesterday...
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:59 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Arrived today...some dings and adhesive all over them. Nothing some WD-40 didn't take care of. :-) Ferdie...your set gets cleaned tomorrow.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:00 AM 12-14-2010
Snooze you lose... I missed the boat. They look nice! :-)
[Reply]
waffle 08:38 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by max_power:
And two of the flame:
Awesome_4_01 by The_Max_Power, on Flickr

Awesome_3_01 by The_Max_Power, on Flickr
Did you do anything special to get the flames that high? Mine don't seem to flame as high as that... however, I don't think it'll be much of an issue lighting a smoke using it... just might take a few more seconds.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up