Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
All Cigar Discussion>Nica Libre
htown 01:58 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Lucky dog! On a different note I tried another size of the NC and it had some simularities but was NOT nearly as good. I'm gonna try the other principe I got in the sampler and see how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Smoked one just a little while ago and it was just as tasty as the other two I smoked.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:02 PM 04-10-2010
I still need to do the biggest one of the five.

Haven't bought anymore yet.

Dad has yet to ask me to order more either.

However, at the current price, hard to beat but solely based on that.
[Reply]
kenstogie 04:58 PM 04-10-2010
Wondering about the Nica Sizes???
Well look no further....

Diplomatico (7.0" x 50)

Exclusivo (5.5" x 50)

Imperial (6.0" x 54)

Principe (4.5" x 46)

Torpedo (6.0" x 52)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:16 PM 04-10-2010
This thread was started in December and it's still going today. We now know that Nica Libre/CI did a helluva marketing job on these sticks. Reminds me of a Gurkha. The cigar is crap, but the marketing is 110%.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 07:20 PM 04-10-2010
Smoked the Exculsivo today, didn't seem to be ready yet.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:20 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
This thread was started in December and it's still going today. We now know that Nica Libre/CI did a helluva marketing job on these sticks. Reminds me of a Gurkha. The cigar is crap, but the marketing is 110%.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:44 PM 04-10-2010
I don't think it's crap for $2 in fact I like them but I agree with the marketing.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:01 PM 04-10-2010
Reading all these posts has me confused on whether to try these or not. I guess I just need to take the plunge and get some off the devil site.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:07 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Reading all these posts has me confused on whether to try these or not.
Serious?

You should never feel that way.
You should always let your own taste determine what you like and what you don't. Never go by someone else's.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:23 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Reading all these posts has me confused on whether to try these or not. I guess I just need to take the plunge and get some off the devil site.
You'll never know until you try it. Stick with a 5-pack at first.
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:30 PM 04-11-2010
Have any of you guys heard about the RP Decade Edicion Limitado maduro
They say this cigar is very much like a padron....

Originally Posted by shilala:
That's why I stayed away initially, Carlos. Figured it looked good, tasted like poop. It brought to mind the Padron Alts I once tried. They were pointless, tasted like nothing. The older they got, the more nothing they got. The crappy dyed wrappers stayed really dark brown while the filler and binder turned hay yellow. Definately comical to look at. :-)

[Reply]
acarr 08:37 PM 04-11-2010
You said it brother. I started this thread because I heard a bunch of stuff about these cigars. So I got 15 of them for $30.00, and I got ripped off. To be honest, they are probably some of the worst cigars I have had with the exception of a Gurkha Legend. I now wonder how many shills there are on cigar sites that do the initial push for these types of things.
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:36 AM 04-12-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
You said it brother. I started this thread because I heard a bunch of stuff about these cigars. So I got 15 of them for $30.00, and I got ripped off. To be honest, they are probably some of the worst cigars I have had with the exception of a Gurkha Legend. I now wonder how many shills there are on cigar sites that do the initial push for these types of things.
15 for 30 again on Cbid if your so inclined. :-)
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=880284
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 02:42 PM 04-12-2010
I feel at $2 a piece they're far from a rip-off. To each his own, I guess.
[Reply]
Kreth 02:57 PM 04-12-2010
Smoked one of these on the golf course today. It had about 3 months in the cooler. Nice chocolate and coffee flavors, creamy. Burned reasonably well, and it was pretty windy on the course.
Also, once my sticks get down too short for my CigarMinder, I usually let them go out and chew on them for a few holes. This stick never got bitter, just kept that chocolate-coffee mix. Nice golf smoke. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OHRD 01:20 PM 04-14-2010
Hey Fellas,

I've got one of those 5 pack samplers, one of each size, if someone wants to do a small trade for it. We can include others as well...I'm looking for mild/med stuff. PM me if interested.
[Reply]
kgraybill 05:13 PM 04-14-2010
Half way through a box of the torps I am finding that they are well worth the money but a little inconsistant on the flavor. the slight inconsistancy is not enough to keep me from purchacing another box.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Up