Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Nica Libre
acarr 12:25 PM 12-24-2009
There has been a lot of talk about these on this forum. So I went on a quest to find some. Today there is a good deal on them at cigar.com:

http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp

5 for $9.95 and if you buy 2 you get free shipping. I took advantage of this and when you go to order it allows to you to buy the 5 cigar Nica Libre sampler for $9.95 also. For 15 cigars for $30.00 ain't bad!
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:54 PM 12-24-2009
These are good cigars :-)
[Reply]
strider 10:13 PM 12-24-2009
They are quite good. Just had my second tonight. I got the sampler when I ordered the deal of the day rockys they had. I need to find a box. For 2 bucks a stick these things are fabulous.
[Reply]
OHRD 06:08 PM 03-19-2010
Anyone know who manufacturers these? I'm having one right now and it is excellent, and you can get 25 for $50...

They look and taste like Padron knockoffs, but are they? Or are they manufactured by the same folks?

I can't find info on these things anywhere...
[Reply]
joeobx 06:29 AM 03-20-2010
I've seen these and wondered about them myself. Whoever designed the band earned his money because the first thing I thought was Padron.
[Reply]
OHRD 06:35 AM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
I've seen these and wondered about them myself. Whoever designed the band earned his money because the first thing I thought was Padron.
The taste was pretty spot on w/ Padron, and the label is so similar that it makes me wonder if they are connected...but I can't find info on this cigar anywhere..as far as manufacturer, etc...

Help!
[Reply]
rharris 09:13 AM 03-20-2010
I have heard thay they are an A.J.Fernandez brand.
[Reply]
Trouble 10:05 AM 03-20-2010
You can get an actual Padron for about 2.50 a piece.
[Reply]
ripper 04:29 PM 03-21-2010
Got a Nica Libre 10-pack sampler for $19.95 from CI and smoked 2.
Good effort at packaging them as a Padron knockoff. Nice draw, a flavorful smoke that was surprisingly eventful, a raggedy wrapper like a Padron, but no way these cigars are Padrons. They are just that - a knockoff.
For a bit more $, you can smoke the real deal.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:34 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
The taste was pretty spot on w/ Padron, and the label is so similar that it makes me wonder if they are connected...but I can't find info on this cigar anywhere..as far as manufacturer, etc...

Help!
I have not tried them although I have been intrigued since so many said they were Padron knockoffs.

Unfortunately, I got to hang out with a BOTL recently, that other than my dad and myself, he is probably the luniest Padron Anni fan I know. He told me while they are OK smokes, they are not Padron.

After listening to that, and knowing his knowledge of Padrons and experience with them, I can't help but think if I do try these, my mind has now been tainted.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 06:43 PM 03-21-2010
I think they are tasty in their own right.

I also think I am a Padrom maddy whore.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blueface 06:49 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I think they are tasty in their own right.

I also think I am a Padrom maddy whore.
Posted via Mobile Device
My question then to you is, are they Padrons?

Tasty in their own right is OK. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I have yet to find anyone that didn't enjoy them. That said, they must be well made and blended.
However, the thing with these is the comparison to Padron, at a fraction of the cost.
[Reply]
Tredegar 07:12 PM 03-21-2010
I just recently tried one that was given to me in a PIF and i was pleasantly surprised by it. I really enjoyed the one I had and may have get a fiver or two in the near future.
[Reply]
Razorhog 07:23 PM 03-21-2010
Anyone care to comment on what they taste like? (besides a Padron)
[Reply]
kgraybill 07:23 PM 03-21-2010
While they are tasty and well made, the ones that I have smoked burned a little off and burned quick. The torp lasted about 45 minutes when the Padron torp generaly last me around a hour and a half (maybe I unconsiencly smoke Padrons slower because I know that I spent so much on it). The flavor was good and steady but seemed not as refined as a Padron.
They will be smoked to a lip and finger burning nub every time just like a Padron.
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:26 PM 03-21-2010
I reviewed them recently. They are not Padrons, they have a unique flavor. Not as complex, not as strong - I liked it - but if anyone thinks they taste like a Padron they haven't had many Padrons - or it's been a loooong time :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 11:55 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
My question then to you is, are they Padrons?

Tasty in their own right is OK. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I have yet to find anyone that didn't enjoy them. That said, they must be well made and blended.
However, the thing with these is the comparison to Padron, at a fraction of the cost.
No I don't think they are Padrons. They do IMO have flavors in common though. Earthy and cocoa are a couple of the common tastes. Would I smoke this instead of Padrons? I am not really sure, but I do know if you like Padron maddies you need to at least try one or 5 and decide of yourself. Taste is a funny thing like that. I may think they are the bee's knee but you may think you just wasted a couple of bucks on a crap stick.

If you end up not enjoying them though let me know I will gladly take them off your hands.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 05:58 AM 03-22-2010
I smoke Padrons. I own Padrons. I love Padrons. You sir, are no Padron.

But it is a good cigar. :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 06:08 AM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
Anyone care to comment on what they taste like? (besides a Padron)
Though full of flavor, the Nica Libre was a one-dimensional smoke for me. The finish throughout was very dry and earthy, and the dominant profile was sweet chocolate, without the bitterness. Throughout the smoke, there was a subtle creaminess that fought to break through the dryness, and only rarely made it to the surface. There were also notes of espresso and hazelnut with a palate-soaking finish. I’ve been on a non-Maduro kick as of late, so this was a nice, steady re-introduction.
[Reply]
Razorhog 07:05 AM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Though full of flavor, the Nica Libre was a one-dimensional smoke for me. The finish throughout was very dry and earthy, and the dominant profile was sweet chocolate, without the bitterness. Throughout the smoke, there was a subtle creaminess that fought to break through the dryness, and only rarely made it to the surface. There were also notes of espresso and hazelnut with a palate-soaking finish. I’ve been on a non-Maduro kick as of late, so this was a nice, steady re-introduction.
Thanks! I've been on the same non-maduro kick. These sound like a bargain but I don't know if I'm ready to delve back into maddies just yet.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up