Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Pepin Whores Re-Unite!!!
NCRadioMan 04:35 PM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by OHMatt:

So my questions for all of you:
1) Have you seen any Cabaiguans with the old label?
2) Where does the box they are in say they were rolled (if not in bins)
Good question, Matt. I am not 100% sure but I think the original's are still rolled in Miami and the Guapos come out of Nica. The Guapos are definitely not the original.

My shop just got in a few boxes of original Coronas Extras and they are stamped Sept. 09 and were rolled in the ERdLH factory and do have that original band.
[Reply]
OHMatt 06:37 AM 11-06-2009
I went to Jungle Jim's yesterday and they had 3 boxes stamped APR 09 and Miami.. So along with the information you provided it seems

1.) Pete doesn't send TPS/Micah Cabaiguan originals or Micah only wants to carry the Guapos
2.) Some time this year production of the originals moved from Miami to Nicaragua.

Very intereting - thanks for the input!
[Reply]
OHMatt 06:53 AM 11-06-2009
Last night I had one of the new San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol cigars.

What struck me at first when I saw them; the cigars were a bit less expensive than the originals. How often does selecting a "a very special sun-grown wrapper grown on the Garcia family's "Estrella" farm in Esteli, Nicaragua." and a second band reduce the cost of a cigar? I hesitated to grab one, but like any self-respecting Pepin Ho I must smoke them all.

The flavor had a bit less pepper and a bit less acidity than the originals but was remarkably similar. It burnt flawlessly, which sometimes isn't the case with special wrappers.

I smoked 3 cigars last night and the San Cristobal was the least expensive. I still can't decide if this or the MJ12 was my favorite however they both stomped the flying pig.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 04:57 AM 11-23-2009
Act fast, this won't last long.

5'er of DPG Blue Generosos for $14 w/ free shipping.

http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp

[Reply]
Mr. Ed 11:50 AM 11-23-2009
Any news on the La Reloba brand that atlantic said they had coming soon?
[Reply]
OHMatt 09:07 AM 12-29-2009
Looks like this is another Pepin private label that flies under the radar.

$200 a bundle though isn't appealing to me, but those of you in NYC might want to try a single.

Review
http://www.cigarsmoking.us/?p=1561

Store:
http://www.delaconcha.com/index.cfm?...&category2=289
[Reply]
TomHagen 01:05 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by OHMatt:
Looks like this is another Pepin private label that flies under the radar.

$200 a bundle though isn't appealing to me, but those of you in NYC might want to try a single.

Review
http://www.cigarsmoking.us/?p=1561

Store:
http://www.delaconcha.com/index.cfm?...&category2=289
I have smoked many of these and they are a great cigar - especially for a houseblend. Also great price - for a midtown Manhattan shop where you can sit and have an excellent cigar for relatively low $.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:28 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
I'm in and I like them all!
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) Haven't Had A "Bad" One, Yet!:-)
[Reply]
TomHagen 05:09 PM 12-29-2009
had a Mucielago (by DPG for 601 brands)... nice looking natural box press, construction issues and a pretty one dimensional strong maduro... nothing to write home about.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:40 AM 02-01-2010
Had the 601 Green Oscuro the other day and WHAM, bought a box on CBid for 80 buck. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:10 AM 02-01-2010
I enjoy the 1979 black,
601 blue,
Cubao :-)
[Reply]
marge796 08:23 AM 02-01-2010
I bought a box of My Father Le Bijou 1922 Churchills in December and have yet to try one. I've smoked various sizes of the My Fathers and really enjoyed them. I'm really looking forward to smoking one of the Bijous though.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
wayner123 08:32 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
I bought a box of My Father Le Bijou 1922 Churchills in December and have yet to try one. I've smoked various sizes of the My Fathers and really enjoyed them. I'm really looking forward to smoking one of the Bijous though.

Chris.....

The Le Bijou's are almost a completely different cigar imo. I haven't been much of a fan of the regular line of My Father's, but the Le Bijou is a winner.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:07 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
The Le Bijou's are almost a completely different cigar imo. I haven't been much of a fan of the regular line of My Father's, but the Le Bijou is a winner.
I didnt dislike the original my fathers, but will definetly agree that the le bijou is a very different animal and definetly a better stick to me.

Had a Tabaco Baez Serie SF robusto the other day, I guess these are fairly new. In Cali they are about 3.25 a stick. Probablly the best 3.00 non cuban I have had. Nubbed it which suprised the hell out of me. It definetly out preformed my expectations of a short filler stick.
[Reply]
issues 09:09 AM 02-01-2010
Although he doesn't make my favorite cigar, DPG definitely doesn't disappoint! :-)

Every DPG I have ever smoked has been excellent and I've smoked a lot of them!

From Tats to Red Labels to 601s, JJ Series to San Cristobals to My Fathers everything I've tried has been top-notch...

DPG is da man!!!:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:30 AM 02-01-2010
Pepin sampler on cigar.com's Daily Deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
issues 10:40 AM 02-01-2010
There is also a deal for some of the original release Padilla 1948's here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28028
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 10:56 AM 02-01-2010
I definately agree with Wayne and Mike, the Le Bijou 1922 is a completely different animal compared to the My Father line.
[Reply]
marge796 11:12 AM 02-01-2010
That's great news about the Le Bijou line! I'm even more excited about lighting one up, I am going to give them a little more Humi time before doing that though. Jose " Don Pepin " Garcia & his son Jaime are true to their craft and make our hobby even more enjoyable!

Chris.....
[Reply]
Deputy 11:55 AM 02-01-2010
I am by no means a Pepin Whore however I did smoke a JJ the other day and was very very impressed.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up