Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Pepin Whores Re-Unite!!!
SmokinApe 05:22 PM 11-16-2008
I think there was a thread of this nature somewhere else... I miss it...

So let talk about the man, Don Pepin Garcia's cigars! What are you smoking? What's your favorite? Right now, I can't get enough Cuabo...:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:23 PM 11-16-2008
Right now I love the DPG CC 1979 Robusto. I also like the JJ Maduro :-)
[Reply]
dunng 05:25 PM 11-16-2008
I'm in and I like them all!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TRicker 05:26 PM 11-16-2008
Someone called!!
[Reply]
hurricane6 05:29 PM 11-16-2008
WOOT!! ho-ing with the Cuabos as well!!!:-)
[Reply]
beamish 05:29 PM 11-16-2008
Pepin is definately my favorite brand also love me padrons...anyone know if the series jj belicosos which is my favorite right now with about a year age they are stellar. no more wrapper issues,perfect burn,my question is the jj maduro which is prob #2 for me ,is it the same blend with a maduro wrapper??
[Reply]
TRicker 05:30 PM 11-16-2008
Cubaos are awesome. Another great one I've tried lately is, Tobbaco Baez. Nice full bodied cigar with a great punch to it.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:32 PM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Right now I love the DPG CC 1979 Robusto. I also like the JJ Maduro :-)

JJ Maddie = Possibly the best Maddie eva!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:33 PM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by TRicker:
Cubaos are awesome. Another great one I've tried lately is, Tobbaco Baez. Nice full bodied cigar with a great punch to it.
I haven't been blessed with a Baez yet, but I will... I smoked a Tat Havana IV Hermosos yesterday that was outstanding...
[Reply]
themoneycollector 05:39 PM 11-16-2008
Still haven't tried the cubao, aroma de cuba, my father and a couple of others... it's getting tough to keep up with the latest DPG
[Reply]
Fumador 07:10 PM 11-16-2008
Cubaos and 601's are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! I had a Centurion the other day and it was good and smooth. All of his cigars are excellent.
[Reply]
Vitis 07:47 PM 11-16-2008
Tat reserva J21. Yuuuummmy

~Vitis
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:58 PM 11-16-2008
Another whore checking in. I can't get enough.

601's, blues, and Cubao.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:07 PM 11-16-2008
Did somebody call?????:-)
The Blue is still my favorite although I have been smoking the hell out of some Blacks and LAC Edition Especials lately. Recently picked up a 5er of original release Guapos that I have been dreaming about but free time has been non existent since I have been spending a lot of time doing some work around the house for Thanksgiving. Have heard the Cubao is fantastic, but have yet to order any and have not been able to find them local yet. Had the opportunity to try the Vegas Cubanas and both times I had to put the stick down prematurely as I thought they were that bad. I guess the guy is allowed to have one crappy stick right?:-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 06:52 AM 11-17-2008
Bretheren, I saw the title to this thread and came running! :-) IMO, the Series JJ Maduro is #1, followed closely by a San Cristobal and Cuban Classic (Black Label) figurado. He also blended the 5 Vegas Miami line, which is definitely my favorite in that series and an everyday go-to smoke for me. Has anyone tried the My Father label recently released? I'm dying to get my hands on one of these, but have no local B&M and haven't found a 5'er on C-bid yet. (yes, i'm cheap, so sue me)

Jason
[Reply]
longknocker 07:06 AM 11-17-2008
Haven't tried the Cuabo yet, but my fav. so far is the JJ Belicoso! Delic.!:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:09 AM 11-17-2008
I like the 601 greens, DPG blues and Cuban Classics, the San Cristobals, the Cuboas... do you get the picture:-)???

I tell you though... my absolute favorite is the Tat Noella. I can't get enough of that smoke!!
[Reply]
wayner123 09:41 AM 11-17-2008
There was a list at one time that showed all the Pepin blends. I copied down the blends I have smoked:

El Rey de los Habanos (Miami)
Cabaiguan
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label
Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ (aka white label)
El Rey los de Habanos (aka Red Label)
Habana Leon (Cigar King / Phatash)
Hirsh y Garcia (Cigar King / Phatash)
La Riqueza

Padilla Miami 8/11 - Pepin stopped making
Padilla Signature 1932 - Pepin stopped making
Padilla 1948 - Pepin stopped making

Tatuaje
Vegas Cubanas

5 Vegas Miami (Cigars International)
Benchmade by Ashton (Interesting - this is not at Holt's)
Cabaiguan Guapo
Casa Royale

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic (aka Black Label)
Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro
EO Brands 601 (Conn-Gold Label, Habano-Red Label, Maduro-Blue Label, Oscuro-Green Label)
El Centurion
Fumadores (Holt's)

Old Henry (Holt's)
Padilla Edicion Especial Achilles (Cigars International)
Padilla Series '68
Legends Pepin Garcia – Yellow Label (Cigars International)
San Cristobal
Tatuaje Havana VI
Tatuaje Havana VI Exclusivo Verocu
Tatuaje Series P
Troya Clasico

I think that may qualify me as a Pepin whore!! :-)
[Reply]
D_A 10:00 AM 11-17-2008
Hello fellow whores :-)
Holt's has lancero collections on sale for $65 this week
http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201631
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:18 PM 11-17-2008
There was a group Pepin "whores" on CS... which I have been checking less and less...:-)

I was a new, yet avid fan/poster of the group, (just could do without the 'whores' moniker...:-)

It was great and should be restarted here...:-)

I personally believe some of the Tat brown labels are smoking better than ever!! (certainly better than about 1 & half - 2 years ago). I have been getting into the Cabaiguan Guapos and really find the Cubao's an interesting smoke... want to try more!
The Tat black robusto had MAJOR construct issues, but AMAZING flavor. LOVE the new La Aroma EE!!

The Tabacos Baez was very unimpressive.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 23 > Last »
Up