Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>Whats your favorite Lancero?
alpha8a 06:08 AM 02-22-2010
Is it an NC Cohiba? If so, which line since I'm not familiar with many Cohibas as I've heard they're not all that great (?).
[Reply]
Addiction 06:25 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by alpha8a:
Is it an NC Cohiba? If so, which line since I'm not familiar with many Cohibas as I've heard they're not all that great (?).
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!

Ok seriously I've never had the NC Cohiba so I have no idea what they are like. But for my tastes there isn't very much better than a CC Cohiba.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:27 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by alpha8a:
Originally Posted by Addiction:
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!

Ok seriously I've never had the NC Cohiba so I have no idea what they are like. But for my tastes there isn't very much better than a CC Cohiba.
I'm with alpha on this one, there are not many NC Cohibas that I really want to stain my breath with. If my wife's going to hold off kissing me, NC Cohibas aren't worth it.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:36 AM 02-22-2010
Is all of them and acceptable response? :-) I'm a lancero whore, so it's very difficult for me to choose. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:46 AM 02-22-2010
Interesting to see this thread back up again, resurrected yesterday after having gone into hibernation last April.

I must say that I hadn't really been a big lancero fan before this thread - except for Oliva V Lanceros. I wasn't one to search them out. I have had quite a number of them since this thread, and there have been a couple that were noteworthy, but many others were not.

I enjoyed:
CCs: LGC MdO 1, 3, 4 (this was my fav of them), Trinidad Fundadore, PL Montecarlos
NCs: Oliva V, Nestor Miranda Special Selection

Lanceros that didn't impress me enought to do more than one of: RP Decade, DPG Blue, LFD DL

It is a great size though. I feel like I'm in a spaghetti western when I smoke one. :-)

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
issues 06:56 AM 02-22-2010
For NCs the El Truinfador is far and away the best NC lancero.

Overall the Cohiba Lancero would make the El Truinfador its prison ***** however. Only thing that comes close is a 98 Trini Fundadores or a Boli #2.
WOW!!!

I will have to find a way to get my hands on a Cohiba Lancero someday then.

Prison ***** eh?
[Reply]
guado 11:22 AM 02-22-2010
I was let by by CC cohiba lanceros. Trini fundadores-even fresh were/are amazing. Aged even better. LGC-althought a skinny format as i can't call them lanceros are amazingly delicious.

NC-Oliva V is a staple. Thanks to Issues ^^^^ I am going to finally try out an El truinfador. Mi Dominicana by Jose Seijas isa nice lancero. Also the Nestor Miranda Special selection Lancero is a winner, I will admit I think the Pre-pepin Nestor miranda lancero was an edge tastier.
[Reply]
issues 10:14 PM 03-05-2010
For NCs the El Truinfador is far and away the best NC lancero.

Overall the Cohiba Lancero would make the El Truinfador its prison ***** however. Only thing that comes close is a 98 Trini Fundadores or a Boli #2.
I finally got the chance to smoke a Cohiba Lancero (thanks guado) from either '00 or '01 and I can say, they're just as good as an El Triunfador but I cannot agree that it makes the OR El Triunfador it's prison *****...

I just love the flavor profile of the El Triunfador even if it isn't as complex as the Cohiba.

:-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:41 PM 03-05-2010
CoLa :-)
[Reply]
Powers 04:40 AM 03-06-2010
Never had a CC lancero but most of my favorite NCs are in lancero sizes, guess i'm a lancero whore as well.

Among my fav NC lanceros are:
My Father
DPG Blue
Casa Fernandez
RP Sungrown

[Reply]
0002S 04:51 AM 03-06-2010
My Father
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:31 AM 03-06-2010
Ive noticed about 20 people mention Lonsdales, Long Panatelas, and Ninfas..

C'monn
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:59 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Ive noticed about 20 people mention Lonsdales, Long Panatelas, and Ninfas..

C'monn
Which ones? I love panatelas and ninfas.
[Reply]
quantim0 06:12 AM 03-06-2010
The Series V lancero is a solid chose. Don Pepins blue label lancero is a good smoke too.
[Reply]
Walt 06:16 AM 03-06-2010
My favorite Lancero is the Pinar del Rio Classico Exclusivo. Following that I like the Illusione ~hl~ and the Oliva Serie V Lancero.
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:57 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Which ones? I love panatelas and ninfas.
I do too... but this is a Lancero thread... People should brush up on their sizes before posting :-)

If this was a Lexus ES350 thread, i wouldnt post pictures of a Toyota Camry, because "its all basically the same".. No, its not, and the heritage behind each cigar will prove that to ring true..
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 07:49 AM 03-06-2010
Have to say it again. Cohiba LANCEROS ROCK!!!!!!
[Reply]
Bax 09:25 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
I finally got the chance to smoke a Cohiba Lancero (thanks guado) from either '00 or '01 and I can say, they're just as good as an El Triunfador but I cannot agree that it makes the OR El Triunfador it's prison *****...

I just love the flavor profile of the El Triunfador even if it isn't as complex as the Cohiba.

That's a bad CoLa. Try anyone that isn't from the sale stock, it's a crap shoot with those. Even the '08's I have though young are great. The Trifundador pales in comparisson.
[Reply]
issues 09:38 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by Bax:
That's a bad CoLa. Try anyone that isn't from the sale stock, it's a crap shoot with those. Even the '08's I have though young are great. The Trifundador pales in comparisson.
Really? :-)

I find it odd that one of the best Lanceros I've ever smoked would be considered a crap stick!
[Reply]
CasaDooley 10:10 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
I do too... but this is a Lancero thread... People should brush up on their sizes before posting :-)
Ron, just a suggestion, If you would post what sizes constitute a Lancero (Long Panatela) as some of the members here are fairly new to cigars and might not know. Thanks Bro!:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up