Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
General Discussion>iPad 3 (The new iPad)
mithrilG60 10:07 AM 03-16-2012
Out for Delivery as of 7:30AM.... why bother going to the store when UPS will bring it to my office :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:16 AM 03-16-2012
Mine is at the house, but I am not. I'll get to love it in about an hour. :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 10:58 AM 03-16-2012
Mine will eventually show up at my desk since they're being delivered to my office... then my colleagues and I will "work" for a while comparing my old iPad2 to the new iPad that's replacing it.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:26 PM 03-16-2012
For some reason even with a phone call, Apple wouldn't let me pre-sign....so I am sitting at home, waiting for UPS.....:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:34 PM 03-16-2012
You have to download a form to presign, EJ.
Despite hanging out my form, the doofus ups guy wasn't going to leave it, my wife caught him.
I'm at another Dr. Appt and Weeze texted that my otterbox came.
[Reply]
E.J. 02:02 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
You have to download a form to presign, EJ.
Despite hanging out my form, the doofus ups guy wasn't going to leave it, my wife caught him.
I'm at another Dr. Appt and Weeze texted that my otterbox came.
When talking to them, they said that UPS wouldn't take the form??? I was going to download it....:-)

It was delivered a few minutes ago... Wow....I'm surprised how heavy it is... Time to figure out what I bought....:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 02:07 PM 03-16-2012
Forgot to say, the UPS man ask me my last name as well.... First time that has ever happened to me...
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:42 PM 03-16-2012
The new iPad is so much faster than my wife's original iPad! And a really cool thing is the dictation tool! I just used it to enter this message -- it works great! it's so cool!
[Reply]
shilala 04:51 PM 03-16-2012
I could not possibly be more pleased with this iPad. I'm using the dictation tool too!
My father-in-law is getting my first-generation iPad. He's so excited he's coming over tonight to pick it up. :-)
I'm also very happy with the OtterBox cover except that the back cover doesn't have a notch cut out for the back camera, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll have to do that myself.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:19 PM 03-16-2012
This thing is so stinking awesome I can't believe it. Post done with the voice recognition what?
[Reply]
mithrilG60 02:03 AM 03-17-2012
Well 1 of the 2 that were delivered on pre-order (my wife's) had an absolutely horrible screen, some sort of manufacturing defect I'd expect. It was bad enough that when I showed her both her new iPad and her old iPad2 on the same photo without telling her which was which she thought the iPad2 looked better. Went to my nearest local Apple store, where I've always had amazing service, to exchange it only to be told that the online and retail stock is treated completely differently and it needs to be replaced via AppleCare through the post. Apparently this is the case for ALL devices ordered online.

That has got to be the absolutely stupidest system I've ever heard, totally defeats the purpose if I live in a city with 4 Apples Stores and can't get any of them to service/replace my device under warranty if needed. Apparently Apple has learned it's lesson about retail stock though because at 8PM on launch day they still had available stock for all 6 models. Bought 2 new iPad's in the store and will be calling AppleCare tomorrow morning to arrange for a return of the two I pre-ordered. Also decided to purchase the 32gb models instead of the 16's after seeing how much more space the pics off my D200 use now that the iPad can display them at much closer to their native 10megapixel resolution.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:42 PM 03-23-2012
Picked up a Otter Box Defender today.... Heading to Cancun, worried about the Little One dropping it on a tile floor in the room.... Not sure if it will make a difference, but it makes me feel better....:-)
[Reply]
maconusmile 10:50 PM 03-23-2012
Gotta have one now!
[Reply]
MrClean 12:47 PM 03-30-2012
I'm not an Apple hater per se, but I've avoided drinking the koolaid for a long time. I've had iPods for years but avoided the rest. I've been looking at tablets for awhile now and I love the retina display. I'm an android user and love the OS. Well for our anniversary, my wife wanted a new iPod and doesn't like touch screens. We have an Apple store in town and I went over there to get her the iPod classic and to play around with the new iPad some more.
Now I'm typing this message with my new iPad. I'm chugging the koolaid and I love it!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:21 PM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I could not possibly be more pleased with this iPad. I'm using the dictation tool too!
My father-in-law is getting my first-generation iPad. He's so excited he's coming over tonight to pick it up. :-)
I'm also very happy with the OtterBox cover except that the back cover doesn't have a notch cut out for the back camera, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll have to do that myself.
That's a pretty serious endorsement from the pickiest man alive :-) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:35 PM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
That's a pretty serious endorsement from the pickiest man alive :-) :-)
I know, right? :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:32 PM 03-30-2012
My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...
[Reply]
E.J. 11:21 PM 03-30-2012
Still thinking this thing kicks... Serious time killer while I have done nothing but kill time/screw off/do nothing on vacation.... No to mention it is easier to communicate with family than my phone......

Thumbs up!
[Reply]
mithrilG60 01:05 AM 03-31-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...
For what it's worth I don't find the battery life on my 3rd gen iPad any worse that it was on my iPad2. Between email, books and web browsing I probably use mine between 2 or 3 hours a day and between work and home it's hooked onto a wifi hotspot 95% of the time (mine is a wifi only model). I charge mine over night on average every 3 or 4 days, same as my iPad2. To be fair I don't game or watch video very often, but the only time I saw anything like the battery life you describe was last year in Cuba when I had no wifi access and forgot to turn off my email fetch and push. Because the attempts to check email were constantly timing out my battery wouldn't last a days worth of reading by the pool, as soon as I disabled email check though battery life went back to normal.

It might be worth making an appointment at the Genius Bar if you have an Apple Store close by. Unless there's a setting you're not aware of that's killing your battery off, battery life this poor should warrant a replacement device IMHO :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 01:10 AM 03-31-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
For some reason even with a phone call, Apple wouldn't let me pre-sign....so I am sitting at home, waiting for UPS.....:-)
I bet you would be happy to come home and it not be there???
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up