Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
General Discussion>SOS
cmitch 09:15 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
Rules Of Cigar Asylum: 3. Off-Limit Topics,asking or hinting for other people to send you cigars (mooching).

to hell with this bro if you need some cigars ask me for some.... (i call it sharing)

dont care if you posted it or not. (i dont think you did IMO) you need them i have them they are yours bro.
Rulz are in place for a reason and I agree with said rule. If I felt this was a mooch thread posted by him, I'd walked. I honestly believe his wife posted it and while some felt it was a bit crass, I see her heart as being in the right place. Regardless of what people think, it is not for us to worry. I truly enjoy doing things like this. As it's said, it's more joyous to give than to receive.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 09:28 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Rulz are in place for a reason and I agree with said rule. If I felt this was a mooch thread posted by him, I'd walked. I honestly believe his wife posted it and while some felt it was a bit crass, I see her heart as being in the right place. Regardless of what people think, it is not for us to worry. I truly enjoy doing things like this. As it's said, it's more joyous to give than to receive.
ok maybe i worded that all wrong and should not of used a direct quote from that signature line....

i agree... i felt (and still feel) it was not a mooch post so i got involved. i agree with the better to send then to receive.
[Reply]
Subvet642 05:04 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
ok maybe i worded that all wrong and should not of used a direct quote from that signature line....

i agree... i felt (and still feel) it was not a mooch post so i got involved. i agree with the better to send then to receive.
I know Brian. He would NOT, EVER, even entertain such a thought as mooching. I'm certain that he's mortified by all this attention. He didn't even let on to me how bad he was hurtin', so smack him around with impunity...I'm having him over to herf at 10:00 this morning, he's toast. :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:43 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I know Brian. He would NOT, EVER, even entertain such a thought as mooching. I'm certain that he's mortified by all this attention. He didn't even let on to me how bad he was hurtin', so smack him around with impunity...I'm having him over to herf at 10:00 this morning, he's toast. :-)
I agree with this. My brother is the one guy i would never think would do this by on his own. I know his wife she is the crazy one
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:15 AM 03-30-2013
9500 1000 1670 3089 0001 40

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
EricF 10:12 AM 03-30-2013
So it is written...So let it be done!!!

DC 9405 5036 9930 0374 0442 89
[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:14 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by EricF:
So it is written...So let it be done!!!

DC 9405 5036 9930 0374 0442 89
Oh this is gonna be good! :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:07 AM 03-30-2013
When the dust settles we expect a damages thread so we can all :-) at you.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:13 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
When the dust settles we expect a damages thread so we can all :-) at you.
What's the point of that? So you can pat each other on the back?

If you are giving in the true spirit of giving, send your package and be satisfied in knowing that you did a good deed and helped someone out.

The "look what I/we did" is not what it's all about.

:-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:20 AM 03-30-2013
Because I want to see the hilarity that ensues. I don't care about pats on the back. I don't care if the packages are identified by name. I want to see what was sent as a whole.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:32 AM 03-30-2013
Right.
Because this is all about you. :-)

To me, it's not hilarious. Some guys helping a brother out when he's down. So you get off on the volume of sticks he'll receive. I get it. But I see a different purpose.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:33 AM 03-30-2013
I enjoy helping him out when he's down but that doesn't mean it can't also be amusing as well.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:39 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
But I see a different purpose.
What purpose is that, Peter?
This?:
What's the point of that? So you can pat each other on the back?

[Reply]
pnoon 11:44 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by bhalbrooks:
what purpose is that, peter?
vvvvvvvv

if you are giving in the true spirit of giving, send your package and be satisfied in knowing that you did a good deed and helped someone out.
some guys helping a brother out when he's down.

[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:45 AM 03-30-2013
Sorry, I meant the purpose in a "I got bombed" thread, not overall gifting Cigars.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:50 AM 03-30-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
I enjoy helping him out when he's down but that doesn't mean it can't also be amusing as well.
:-) No one's arms are being twisted, this is just a bunch of BOTLs having some fun with another BOTL and helping him out at the same time.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:54 AM 03-30-2013
One last attempt to make my point and then I'm done.

Pressuring a recipient to post pictures of this gesture or any other bomb is not in the true spirit of giving. Sure it's nice to see a public thank you. But any acknowledgement would suffice. Many give the impression that posting "carnage" is expected.

If you want to humbly accept your gifts and quietly PM a sincere thank you to those that helped you out, that is all that is needed. If you want to post pictures publicly, go for it. But don't feel pressured or obligated to do so.

I think in this case the majority of people who want to see the damage are those that participated. The rest of the asylum know that you will be getting a butt load of cigars from those that posted.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:55 AM 03-30-2013
I got ya Peter
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:56 AM 03-30-2013
Sorry Peter. My intention was not to pressure him.
[Reply]
DMK 02:05 PM 04-03-2013
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
NO. NO NO NO NO NO. She said she made her own account and she was asking about infused sticks! What the ****! I kindly request that everyone just ignore this thread. We're doing just fine :-). I'm literally speechless... She's like Judas!
SKIRT !!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up