Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 17
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>12 Ronsons $17 until 8PM 12/9/10
T.G 02:00 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
So like the ones with the little coil that heats up and produces a flame?
That's what it kind of sounds like. Again, I'm not 100% certain though, just going off of the manufacturers description and photos.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:03 PM 12-09-2010
It does say "perfect for pipe and cigars" so I imagine that it's not a car type cigarette lighter- altho it might not be perfect for cigars and/or pipes!
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:21 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
It does say "perfect for pipe and cigars" so I imagine that it's not a car type cigarette lighter- altho it might not be perfect for cigars and/or pipes!
Well hell for this price I'll get them anyway
[Reply]
T.G 02:35 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
But it said... "These Ronson Amero Lite butane torch lighters"!!!:-)
Advertisements often say lots of things that are somewhat inaccurate or open to personal interpretation just to sell something, look at Arganese cigar descriptions in the ads, for example, they include words such as "delicious" and "tasty". :-)

Ok, seriously now...

I agree, it's confusing. I haven't used this lighter myself, but the manufacturer doesn't even call it a torch or jet nor to they picture it as one. Take a look:

JETLITE - note the drawing of the jet flame and describing it as a torch

COMET - a soft flame - again, accurate flame picture

AMEROLITE - note the pair of short/small, stubby split flames and lack of manufacturer description as a torch. Yeah, technically it might be a torch due to the type of flame, but if the picture is accurate, I don't think it's the type of torch we prefer and are used to using around here.

ImageImageImage

I was contemplating about ordering myself, but I found the lack of mention of the product on the manufacturers website odd and that it was being closed out by an internet clearing house etailer kind of curious along with Albert's question was enough to make me go spend the 5 minutes to go find the product in the archives.

They might very well be some sort of torch, I dunno.

For basically the same money, I can just order the lighters from DealExtreme and I know exactly what I'll be getting.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 02:56 PM 12-09-2010
A CF post on Oct 23, 2004 titled Ronson Amero Lite says:

"Found 6 of these for a buck a piece. Great torch lighter for the money. Refillable with flame adjustment. Kinda like a zippo, but a butane blue flame torch. Factory direct for $5.50 on the Ronson website."

A different forum post on June 25, 2009 says:

"The local B&M just started carrying the Ronson "Amero Lite." It looks to be a fancier version of the jet lite. at six bucks it's more expensive, but I almost never go to Walmart. I couldn't help but pick one up."
[Reply]
T.G 02:58 PM 12-09-2010
Oh, and BTW, to be honest, for the massive amount of BOTLs who have gone and ordered these, I hope the speculation about possibly being a safety lighter or ultra-low heigh torch is wrong.
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:02 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Advertisements often say lots of things that are somewhat inaccurate or open to personal interpretation just to sell something...
:-) Advertisements would never do that!:-)

Ok... I was totally kidding! But then you went and used Arganese cigars as your example!

You are no longer welcome to my Arganese collection! :-)

Let's see you shell your precious walnuts now!!!
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:16 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Oh, and BTW, to be honest, for the massive amount of BOTLs who have gone and ordered these, I hope the speculation about possibly being a safety lighter or ultra-low heigh torch is wrong.
Thanks for all the legwork, Adam. :-)
I figure, for the money, I can't lose. They're gonna be really good all-purpose throw in the junk drawer lighters at the bare minimum. I can give them away whenever anyone who stops by needs a lighter, or whatever.
I think I have a good idea what they are now that you did the research. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:23 PM 12-09-2010
:-) Advertisements would never do that!:-)

Ok... I was totally kidding! But then you went and used Arganese cigars as your example!

You are no longer welcome to my Arganese collection! :-)

Let's see you shell your precious walnuts now!!!
:-)

Well, poop. All the kids in the neighborhood will be so upset that without my Arganese Presidente Maduro, I won't be able to have handfuls of the rotting outer flesh from fresh walnuts to drop in their trick or treat bags. I might actually have to go buy candy or something for next year. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:13 PM 12-09-2010
Quite frankly, for $16, I am not going to get my skivvies in a wad worrying about it, I will see when they get here. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:21 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Quite frankly, for $16, I am not going to get my skivvies in a wad worrying about it, I will see when they get here. :-)
Now I have your "skivvies in a wad" burned onto my brain!!!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:33 PM 12-09-2010
Now I have your "skivvies in a wad" burned onto my brain!!!:-)
I can fix that for you.

Now read carefully.

Ready?

Sure? Ready-ready?

"swamp ass"

(hey, I never said it would be an improvement)
[Reply]
DennisP 04:34 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am not going to get my skivvies in a wad worrying about it
You'll save that for making sure I get an MDO 2 that wasn't ever requested. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:02 PM 12-09-2010
Thank you for your recent order with Shnoop.com. A package was shipped to you on 12/09/2010 via U.S. Postal Service
[Reply]
DBall 06:23 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Thank you for your recent order with Shnoop.com. A package was shipped to you on 12/09/2010 via U.S. Postal Service
Holy crap... same here. Damn... that's fast!
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 06:34 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Holy crap... same here. Damn... that's fast!
Me too :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 06:49 PM 12-09-2010
What is the shipping cost on these?

Edit: Never mind. They're all gone now...
[Reply]
icehog3 06:55 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by DennisP:
You'll save that for making sure I get an MDO 2 that wasn't ever requested. :-)
I aims to please. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:11 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
What is the shipping cost on these?

Edit: Never mind. They're all gone now...
Free shipping. I did notice how there was a caveat that some of them might have dings from original shipping. I'm guessing a shipment got banged up pretty good and they couldn't sell them at retail, so they're getting rid of them this way. I frankly don't care if they have dings, as long as they work for our troops.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:30 PM 12-09-2010
I got an email with a tracking number. Guess they are shipping already.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up