Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Is it odd?
itzfrank 12:40 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
So if I understand your theory correctly, the swelling will help with a tight draw???

:-)

This kinda contradicts the common practice of letting wet cigars dry out to improve the draw.

Im no scientist, but the latter makes more sense to me.

When you say wet, do you mean wet or just kept in high humidity. Because , if it were actually wet, the draw would be restricted because of the actual filler sticking together. No?
[Reply]
md4958 12:46 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
When you say wet, do you mean wet or just kept in high humidity. Because , if it were actually wet, the draw would be restricted because of the actual filler sticking together. No?
Wet meaning the tobacco is retaining a good amount of moisture. Tobacco leaves are moistened prior to being rolled into cigars. The tobacco, being hygroscopic, will "hold on" to this moisture. Many times this results in a poor smoke. "Drying" these cigars consists of gradually reducing the humidity via rest in your humidor. The moisture in your cigar will reach an equilibrium with your humidors RH%. Could take a week, could take a couple months.

I had a box of Punch Double Coronas that were unsmokeable for 6 months.
[Reply]
wayner123 01:02 PM 04-26-2010
Tom and Bao didnt ADD humidity to their cigars...the cigars went right back into the ambient RH that they had previously resided in. The only difference being the cap had already been cut.

Unless Tom and Bao, I read your posts incorrectly??
That's why I asked "why" that might happen. If it's going into the same RH, then what's happening? :-)

In the last reply I merely said they used a non-drybox method.
[Reply]
itzfrank 01:11 PM 04-26-2010
Wet meaning the tobacco is retaining a good amount of moisture. Tobacco leaves are moistened prior to being rolled into cigars. The tobacco, being hygroscopic, will "hold on" to this moisture. Many times this results in a poor smoke. "Drying" these cigars consists of gradually reducing the humidity via rest in your humidor. The moisture in your cigar will reach an equilibrium with your humidors RH%. Could take a week, could take a couple months.

I had a box of Punch Double Coronas that were unsmokeable for 6 months.
Thanks for the clarification.
[Reply]
Mark 02:32 PM 04-26-2010
Boy, these pretzels are really makin' me thirsty.
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:49 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
1). Would it be odd if I showed up to herfs with my cigars precut? Even if I don't smoke them all? That also brings up another question about storage.

2). Does it effect the cigar in any way to have been cut and then rested for months, maybe even years? I am still new to this cigar stuff so I was just curious.

TIA
Posted via Mobile Device
Is the wedding that boring Bao?
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:29 PM 04-26-2010
Bao, I would look at you with disgust if you pulled a stunt like that... I would wonder "wtf? This guy cany cut his cigars at the herf like the rest of us?" I would then start a petition to have you banned...
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:10 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Bao, I would look at you with disgust if you pulled a stunt like that... I would wonder "wtf? This guy cany cut his cigars at the herf like the rest of us?" I would then start a petition to have you banned...
:-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:43 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by Mark:
I learned from James Suckling and my friends at that most illustrious magazine that you shouldn't cut the cigar until after you have lit it, because this way you look like more of an @sshole.

Funny + informational thread. The above quote made me lol at work :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 03:43 PM 04-29-2010
Are these still available?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:50 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Are these still available?
What, pre-cut cigars?
[Reply]
GKitty 04:46 PM 04-29-2010
Nooooooo... Cigar-pixies.
[Reply]
KiKi 02:58 AM 05-02-2010
There is a ritual just before lighting the cigar. Part of the ritual is cutting the cigar. It's like a ceremony.....don't mess with it.....spoils the fun :-) (That being said, you can put them threw your paper shredder if you choose....you own 'em :-) )
[Reply]
OLS 02:18 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I would find that the least odd thing about you :-)
Hehehehehe...ehh
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up