Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Is it odd?
Mugen910 01:14 PM 04-24-2010
1). Would it be odd if I showed up to herfs with my cigars precut? Even if I don't smoke them all? That also brings up another question about storage.

2). Does it effect the cigar in any way to have been cut and then rested for months, maybe even years? I am still new to this cigar stuff so I was just curious.

TIA
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:22 PM 04-24-2010
I would find that the least odd thing about you :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 01:37 PM 04-24-2010
Me too.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:39 PM 04-24-2010
Well it sure would save time for you to not have to cut the stick. I would not find it strange.

Storage wise I wouldn't think it would matter much. It may soak up/ release more humidity as it now has two open ends but as long as it's near constant I don't think that would be a problem. But, what do I know :-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 02:04 PM 04-24-2010
I do not think it's odd for someone to show up to a herf with pre-cut smokes, not at all whatsoever....and as far as storing them cut, I have had a problem with this...I did this once and it was cedar wrapped...long story short it tasted like cedar when I was smoking it. I am not talking hints of cedar I am saying it tasted like I was smoking a cedar cigar. Then again it was a Gurkha:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:22 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
1). Would it be odd if I showed up to herfs
Yes!
[Reply]
GKitty 02:40 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I would find that the least odd thing about you :-)
:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 02:52 PM 04-24-2010
I'm more curious as to why you would employ this methodology.
[Reply]
sikk50 03:26 PM 04-24-2010
I'm willing to bet you bought a new cutter and got a little bored...am I right?

[Reply]
kelmac07 03:29 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I'm more curious as to why you would employ this methodology.
I'm with Vin on this. :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:39 PM 04-24-2010
yes:-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:41 PM 04-24-2010
1). Would it be odd if I showed up to herfs with my cigars precut? Even if I don't smoke them all? That also brings up another question about storage.

2). Does it effect the cigar in any way to have been cut and then rested for months, maybe even years? I am still new to this cigar stuff so I was just curious.

TIA
Posted via Mobile Device
1. It doesn't matter. They are yours, you can do whatever you want to with them.

2. Again, it doesn't matter.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:59 PM 04-24-2010
1. I don't think it matters.

2. It may not matter, but I think that there might be the issue of the fact that the cap ultimately holds the whole cigar together. But, it may not matter.

Let us know how the experiment works out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:08 PM 04-24-2010
Nice review. :-)
[Reply]
cort 05:16 PM 04-24-2010
Do you leave the cello on or take it off?
[Reply]
icehog3 05:51 PM 04-24-2010
Some use this method to try to get tight cigars to open up, Bao.
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:15 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some use this method to try to get tight cigars to open up, Bao.
I have heard this as well, unfortunately im not sure if it actually works.. Good question..

I will join you at the podium though, as i have a fetish of testing draws on random cigars in my humidors, so i might have random cigars that are cut..

Nothing to be self conscious about; its all in the name of science, lol..

FWIW...... ive found myself bringing 2-3 cigars to the cigar lounge, and sometimes snipping them before i get to the lounge, as i dont want to get to the lounge and have a cigar thats plugged to sh*t!. Ya kno?
[Reply]
Mark 07:11 PM 04-24-2010
I learned from James Suckling and my friends at that most illustrious magazine that you shouldn't cut the cigar until after you have lit it, because this way you look like more of an @sshole.

Oh wait, maybe it was something about sulfur. Either way, if you want to have friends, it doesn't really matter. If you want to hang with Suckling, well then we have bigger problems :-)
[Reply]
md4958 07:11 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Me too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Yes!
Originally Posted by GKitty:
I find it hilarious how well everybody knows you :-):-)

I am still new to this cigar stuff so I was just curious

I think the only drawback to this is that the cigars MAY unravel in your humidor.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:33 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mark:
I learned from James Suckling and my friends at that most illustrious magazine that you shouldn't cut the cigar until after you have lit it, because this way you look like more of an @sshole.

Oh wait, maybe it was something about sulfur. Either way, if you want to have friends, it doesn't really matter. If you want to hang with Suckling, well then we have bigger problems :-)
Friggin hilarious. I heard someone say the same thing about lighting the cigar before you cut it and this has to be the same place I read it from.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up