Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
Gargoyle 02:55 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
I tend to get heated over my sports teams. The hatred towards the Patriots has grown exponentially over the past few years. People like to claim it is because of the taping episode, but I would venture to say it has more to do with the fact that people hate a winner. I was raised on NE sports teams that were jokes, but they were our jokes. Now that they are legit teams I often get defensive about them.

I think I need sports fan counseling. "Hi, I'm Ryan, and I am a CeltiRedBruPat fanatic."
No kidding! I remember suffering on the freezing aluminum benches many years ago when the "Patsies" were getting nuked 45-3 by the Falcons. Then the balance of power shifts and people get pissed that we are percieved to run up the score... I remember this game and want more blood!

I enjoy the moment now, because as we have seen with the Bruins and Celtics a few years ago, things can fall apart and you are bottom dwellers quickly.
[Reply]
VTDragon 03:16 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The way I seen it it was a bad offensive game for the Pats, and Jets treated it like their Super Bowl.
Congrats to the Jets for the win, but I think the outcome will be a little different come November 22....
Yes, :-)this game was MUCH bigger to the Jets than the Patriots. It kind of reminded me of the years following a Super Bowl win when every team the Pats faced had them as the biggest game on the schedule. Having said that, there really was no excuse for the poor offensive performance they put in. They better wake up against the Falcons or things will not be looking good.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:21 PM 09-22-2009
Speaking of Superbowl wins, two words - David Tyree. :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist that. :-)
[Reply]
RJK18 03:30 PM 09-22-2009
I tend to get heated over my sports teams. The hatred towards the Patriots has grown exponentially over the past few years. People like to claim it is because of the taping episode, but I would venture to say it has more to do with the fact that people hate a winner. I was raised on NE sports teams that were jokes, but they were our jokes. Now that they are legit teams I often get defensive about them.

I think I need sports fan counseling. "Hi, I'm Ryan, and I am a CeltiRedBruPat fanatic."
I think the hatred comes from that @-hole coach. Wow what a jerk. He doesn't even show mutual respect for an opposing coach and player coming to shake his hand after a game.
[Reply]
coastietech 04:21 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by RJK18:
I think the hatred comes from that @-hole coach. Wow what a jerk. He doesn't even show mutual respect for an opposing coach and player coming to shake his hand after a game.
:-)

That is the main reason for my dislike, I'm mean other than the bad blood rivalry that the teams have. :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 04:45 PM 09-22-2009
Joe and Rob, like I said before everybody hates a winner. :-)

I can't wait to see the Pats play next week. It is going to be like a Prize fighter that has tasted his own blood for a first time in a long time. They are going to come out in the first half like Mike Tyson answering the opening bell!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:49 PM 09-22-2009
Joe and Rob, like I said before everybody hates a winner. :-)

I can't wait to see the Pats play next week. It is going to be like a Prize fighter that has tasted his own blood for a first time in a long time. They are going to come out in the first half like Mike Tyson answering the opening bell!
They're going to bite someone's ear off? :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 05:21 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They're going to bite someone's ear off? :-)
Maybe, I hope not because then they will be called cheaters again.

I have a question for all.

Who really thinks that their beloved team, whomever they may be, is not doing something the league may frown upon. I am willing to venture that every team in the NFL is doing something to gain an edge.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:24 PM 09-22-2009
Maybe, I hope not because then they will be called cheaters again.

I have a question for all.

Who really thinks that their beloved team, whomever they may be, is not doing something the league may frown upon. I am willing to venture that every team in the NFL is doing something to gain an edge.
The Bears need to take some lessons then. :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 05:36 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Bears need to take some lessons then. :-)
lol i didn't say they were cheating to win, simply that they were all probably doing something. even cheating can't make up for a lack of talent!
[Reply]
TheTraveler 05:43 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
Then the balance of power shifts and people get pissed that we are percieved to run up the score... I remember this game and want more blood!
I say show no mercy in ANY sport. It's a field of play/combat/glory, not a place to play pat-a-cake. :-)

Seriously, though, I think running up a score is the only way to play. If you're not going to give it 100% don't step on the field. Besides, a lot of players in the last 1/3 of their careers depend on the stats they've built and the reputation they've earned. Hitting cruise at the end of blow-out games could cost them a couple of hits/20 more yards/another 5 baskets/etc, and over a couple of years that makes a difference in their stats.

On the flip side - I realize that with the physicality of these games it's possible a player may get a terrible injury by NOT slowing down at the end of a blow-out game. You take your chances either way ... I say go down fighting.

/threadjack Sorry about that. :-)

Back on topic, I root for the Pats any time they play unless they happen to play the Steelers or the Bears or the Browns - those are the teams I really root for. I've always been a fan of most things NE - football, furniture and maple syrup top the list. After all, you guys pretty much fathered this nation's rebellion against the jolly old Brits. :-) (nothing against the Brits, you guys make FANTASTIC pipe tobacco and Pusser's Rum is out of this world! :-) ).

Geez, am I rambling? Where are my meds? Oh, there's that cigar ... good, I can calm down now.

One final note ... I've never seen a hockey game hit cruise control. Those guys are fighters! :-)

GO PATS !!! (unless you're playing my teams)
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:45 PM 09-22-2009
there's a difference between hating a team (hey I hate the Jets, see how easy that is) and just thinking a team is on the decline and not very good anymore.

Just because people don't worship at your altar doesn't make them haters.
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:58 PM 09-22-2009
Apparantly Im not alone......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...ime-has-passed
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:01 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Apparantly Im not alone......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...ime-has-passed
article written by a hater! lol
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:02 PM 09-22-2009
I'm done talking, I want Sunday to come now!
[Reply]
2000ARMY 07:05 PM 09-22-2009
like I said .... lets have this conversation in December.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:34 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by 2000ARMY:
like I said .... lets have this conversation in December.
is it going to take that long for them to win again?
[Reply]
colimo 11:43 PM 09-22-2009
unfortunately for you Pats fans, your team will come here in 3 weeks to play a replay of one of the original old AFL games, as a matter of fact the first one played by both teams....

and unfortunately for you, the result will be the same 50 years later....

BRONCOS WIN :-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
coastietech 06:35 AM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
is it going to take that long for them to win again?
This guy wins the interweb!! Bwhahahahahaha!!!:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 07:58 AM 09-23-2009
I'm looking forward to Nov. 30. Could be a high scoring game.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up