Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 2311 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
VTDragon 07:48 AM 08-24-2009
A new NFL season is almost upon us and we Pats fans need a place to ruminate about our favorite football team as the celebrate their 50th season. T Brady says the team is "on a mission" this year. I'm anticipating an appearance in the playoffs and then, who knows (by the time playoffs come, injuries are the biggest factor). At any rate it should be a fun ride.
[Reply]
dunng 07:53 AM 08-24-2009
GO PATS! :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 08:23 AM 08-24-2009
A "mission from God"?

<--- cues the Blues Brothers soundtrack while at work :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 09:46 AM 08-24-2009
<--- see the Jets winning the division and putting the Pats in there place both times they play. :-) :-)
[Reply]
dunng 10:12 AM 08-24-2009
:-) :-) :-) Funny Man...

[Reply]
VTDragon 10:26 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
<--- see the Jets winning the division and putting the Pats in there place both times they play. :-) :-)
See, that's the nice thing about sports, people are allowed to indulge their fantasy, no matter how absurd.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:39 AM 08-24-2009
Go Pats :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 10:42 AM 08-24-2009
LOL Last year you barely beat us the first game and the second game we were dominate the whole game till the end and we still won in overtime. :-)

Oh and for the record our regular season record against you guys is 49-47 with 1 tie... So it's not like we can't beat you twice in a season. We have done it and will do it again. :-)

Oh and let's not mention "spygate"... LMAO :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:12 AM 08-24-2009
coastietech this is a Pats thread :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:17 AM 08-24-2009
Here's the typical Pats fan...
[Reply]
coastietech 11:22 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
coastietech this is a Pats thread :-)
I apologize I was just giving a little bit of healthy ribbing to a rival team. I will step out of your thread now. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 11:47 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Is that really necessary? Very tempted to ding ya... :-)
[Reply]
Gargoyle 11:49 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I apologize I was just giving a little bit of healthy ribbing to a rival team. I will step out of your thread now. :-)
Nah, there needs to be balance. Without other teams, the Patriots (and any other team) are just having practice. The competition is what it's all about. :-)

I like the Pats chances this year.
[Reply]
VTDragon 03:17 PM 08-24-2009
Hey, I welcome the viewpoints of the fans of other teams. We diehard Patriot fans know which team is the best and all their trash talking is not going to change that. In fact, it is actually amusing to see just how misguided other fans can be.

On a more important note; I wonder what the fallout is going to be from Vince Wilfork now that the Pats have offered Nick Kazur a contract extension when they have consistently told Wilfork they would not be talking about his (Wilfork's) extension until the new CBA was in place and the team knew where they stood with the salary cap. This could be the first dissension in Camp Belicheck this year.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 05:50 PM 08-24-2009
Wilfork is looking for franchise player cash, where Kaczer is more of an average salary situation. Nobody knows what the salary sitation will be in the comin years... but you can lock up your basic footsoldiers without too much consideration. Players like Brady, Seymour and Wilfork can make or break your team for years is you miscalculate.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:22 PM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Inappropriate and against forum rules. :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:04 AM 08-26-2009
Friday's third preseason game vs the Redskins should be interesting for a lot of reasons:

The offense needs to get out of the funk they wee in in game two.

T Brady got what he wished for in game two and was hit hard. Now that that nonsense is behind him I'd like to see a solid half of consistent football from the franchise. I'm not looking for spectactular, just solid, accurate passes to the right receivers (open ones) and a good command of the offense.

L Maroney needs to step up here. The shoulder is healed and he's not the only back in town. I'd love to see him stop his backfield dancing.

B Watson is in a similar situation to Maroney, time to step it up.

I want to see more of the QB turened receiver Julien Edelman, this kid could be another Welker down the road, (and he can throw).

I wonder how Wilfork will play? It is time for the team to resolve his contract situation.

Lots more, but I gotta get backto work. Tune in Friday night, the game's on NBC nationwide.
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:37 AM 08-31-2009
Re: the Redskins game:

The offense looked much better; T Brady (hope his shoulder is OK) and Moss looked to be in mid-season form. Maroney still shows more potential than results, but is looking somewhat better. I don't know if Ben Watson will make the team. The O'Connell experiment at QB is over. The receiving corp looks solid and running back by committee may actually work.

I'm still concerned about the defense. Our secondary looks suspect to me and I'd like to see some more pass rush from the linebackers. T Brusci is announcing his retirement today, sorry to see him go, but time stops for no man and he has had a great run. On a positive note the defensive line looks good, Seymore and Wilfork are as solid as ever. I suspect the Pats will be active on the defensive side in picking up people as teams whittle down to their final 53.
[Reply]
dunng 07:44 AM 08-31-2009
Say it aint so Bruschi! :-)
[Reply]
Gargoyle 09:20 AM 08-31-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Say it aint so Bruschi! :-)
Much sadness, but I'm glad he knew it was time... unlike Favre.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 2311 > Last »
Up