burnem 11:27 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Nah , just a fan! There's only one MIB!
True...true.
[Reply]
OLS 11:36 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Shallow minded OP
Nah, Tanith just pulled what's called a "OLS". That's where you think you are gonna post something
funny and suddenly everyone is taking the other side, lol. I do it everyday.
And you are right. Everytime I seal up a troops box with ten packs of Black and Milds mixed in
with the other cigars. I long ago quit throwing up a little in my mouth, lol.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:40 AM 05-26-2011
Something I posted on another forum back in 2008:

Originally Posted by :
When I first started smoking good cigars, like most guys, I did a noObIe sampler here with a great BOTL. One of cigars in there (and there were a ton of good ones) was one of the little Acid 'gars from the tins; it was a "Acid Krush Classic Morado Maduro". The thing came triple bagged and I didn't know why until I opened the bags.....holy crap, this thing had an "aroma" to it. Truth is, I kinda wanted to like it. Thought they might be an interesting diversion, an interesting change up in the smoking rotation. I was stupid enough to actually try to smoke the thing.

Pre-light, the overpowering "aroma" from this thing was strangely familiar. I couldn't figure it out. Then.....it hit me. Years ago, when I was a little kid, I had a really cool uncle that I used to pal around with a bit; Uncle Mel. Uncle Mel was a great guy but he used to wear a little too much "Old Spice" cologne. That was it...!! This stupid thing smelled exactly like it had been dipped in "Old Spice" cologne...!!

I put flame to this thing and the reek and overwhelming odors were in full effect. Like smoking a stick of cheap incense. Oh my god, this thing was awful. Took a second and a third puff to confirm my revulsion, and that was that. That wretched dog turd of a smoke hit the tray forever. I had to power hork two cheap ass bundle sticks to get the taste out of my mouth. I had to use brake cleaner on my stinky to get the reek off the stainless steel. I washed and washed my hands and they still smelled like they'd been shoved up the Avon lady's ass.

Now, here's the interesting part - every, and I do mean EVERY B&M I can recall visiting has these darn smokes in stock! I always ask; "....do you guys sell many of those..??..." and the answer is always the same; "...yep! We sell a bunch of them. Hard to believe it, isn't it..??...".

Well, brothers, I always say "smoke what you like, like what you smoke" so if these are up your alley, more power to you. I promise I'll keep away from them so there will be more for you other guys..... :-)

[Reply]
OLS 07:39 PM 05-26-2011
OK, I am no longer an ACID virgin. Had the Blondie tonight, basically one-third of a Lancero....the TOP third, lol.
Pigtail head, golden wrapper, SWEET taste at the head, the unpleasant shock lasted about 3/16ths of an inch and
then it became a NC cigar like any other with only occasional hints of infusion poking in and out, something I think
that people who like these find enjoyable. This was a good cigar, not a great cigar, but certainly not some horriffic
turd-mobile. Based on it's performance and flavor and my standards.....ehhh, 76 pernts.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:08 AM 05-27-2011
Every so often if I want my wife to hang out while I'm smoking, I'll light up one of the more chocolate/coffee/fruity-flavored Acids because she prefers that aroma to a standard cigar.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 09:31 AM 05-27-2011
I did not think they where that bad. Infact quite enjoyable. When you take a wiff of one it smells almost like...Lavender, sandlewood and musk. I love the smell of them.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:32 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by Sherlockholms:
When you take a wiff of one it smells almost like...Lavender, sandlewood and musk. I love the smell of them.
Smells like Hippies! :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:43 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
That they do.
[Reply]
Ervsuperb 07:18 PM 05-27-2011
This thread is freaking hilarious!

I had an Acid a couple of weeks ago, & I was like wtf?

Now mind you, I'm a relative noob, but ugh!

I think that's why the tears in my eyes are from the posts made by some here, because I TOTALLY understand...
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 10:54 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Lol, I have smoked some nasty dog rockets. And I would take an ACID of one of them anyday.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:48 AM 06-22-2011
My first cigar was an Acid Toast, I thought the taste left on my lips was delicious.
I think it is the best cigar to give to a noob to get them into cigars.
I also tried the Acid Kuba, tasted more like tabacco than the toast.

if you love a sweet taste on your lips, you gotta try the Toast!
I look forward to going back and smoking another now that I have tried so many other brands and styles.

I went to a local shop the other day and they where sold out of all Acids.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:17 AM 06-22-2011
An ACID Blondie was the first cigar I've ever laid down after 1 puff. Nasty!
But, Drew Estate does make some great sticks such as the Liga Privada T52 and #9. But, because of ACIDS, I didn't try a Drew Estate product for a long time and I was extremely surprised at the LP's.
[Reply]
Davis 08:25 AM 06-22-2011
One of my first Acid's was a Nasty.
They werent kidding.

I am a sucker for some Drew Estate Java's though. Hard to find around my area unfortunatly.
[Reply]
Ender 08:52 AM 06-22-2011
The first time I encountered an acid cigar was a long time ago when I hadn't even heard of them. I was chilling in a lounge enjoying my cigar and started thinking "holy crap! Who's the D-bag wearing WAY too much cologne?!!" When I found out what it was I prayed I'd never get caught sitting in a room with one of those burning again. I've tried a couple without finishing them. Just can't get into those "unique" flavors I guess. I do, though, have to mention the impeccable construction/quality.
[Reply]
Davis 10:29 AM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Ender:
I was chilling in a lounge enjoying my cigar and started thinking "holy crap! Who's the D-bag wearing WAY too much cologne?!!" When I found out what it was I prayed I'd never get caught sitting in a room with one of those burning again.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up