Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Acid? Whut?
TanithT 09:38 AM 05-21-2009
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:44 AM 05-21-2009
De gustibus non est disputandum. I don't like them, but our troops love 'em. They actually ask for them by name. So, whatever.......
[Reply]
adampc22 09:50 AM 05-21-2009
i smoked my very first acid cigar today lolololololololololol
[Reply]
nozero 09:53 AM 05-21-2009
When I first started smoking cigars, I liked the Acid Kuba Kuba. I've not had one in well over a year and have no idea what I'd think about them now.

I've also had an Acid Blondie and Nasty. Both struck me as the latter. But hey, that's me.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:56 AM 05-21-2009
Your observations are all well and good but...

Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars. That said,there are folks here that enjoy them. Speaking for myself,I never ever bad mouth cigars I dislike for fear of hurting someones feelings.

Smoke what you like,like what you smoke.The no snob policy is in full force here.
[Reply]
TanithT 10:03 AM 05-21-2009
It's kind of fun to badmouth cigars I don't like. I'm naughty that way. :-)

I don't intend it to be personal so much as amusing, but your point is taken under advisement, and I appreciate it. I will be sure to send some to the troops. I just won't keep'em in my humidor.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 10:27 AM 05-21-2009
Eh, I won't hate on DE too much. You won't find a better power mini stick like the C-Note (though for the price you might as well get a normal cigar). Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes. :-)
[Reply]
adampc22 10:33 AM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
Eh, I won't hate on DE too much. You won't find a better power mini stick like the C-Note (though for the price you might as well get a normal cigar). Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes. :-)
its the acid king :-)
[Reply]
STYX&STONED 11:16 AM 05-21-2009
People really smoke these things?? I thought they were a smoker's air freshener.

You know what I mean.... you stick 1 or 2 in the car air vents, 1 in the sock drawer, maybe 3 or 4 over the cats litter box....:-)
[Reply]
TanithT 11:25 AM 05-21-2009
Sodomanaz....why do I have such interesting and yet deeply disturbing mental images when I see your screen name? :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 11:28 AM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by TanithT:

I don't intend it to be personal so much as amusing, but your point is taken under advisement, and I appreciate it. I will be sure to send some to the troops. I just won't keep'em in my humidor.
I you are going to smoke one try the "nasty"....they truly suck! It is shaped like an incense cone and tastes just like it. I was givin one free at a tailgate party and I took 1 puff and chucked it. UGH! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:32 AM 05-21-2009

Naughty is fine by me :-)
[Reply]
Coz77 11:34 AM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes. :-)

CAO Flavors got me off cigs years ago. I dont smoke flavored cigars anymore however Ive always be curious about the natural line by Drew. Some day ill buy a single or two :-).
[Reply]
hotreds 01:23 PM 05-21-2009
The Natural's are not bad at all. I don't care for the sweet tip, but the smokes are nice and aromatic.
[Reply]
GKitty 01:32 PM 05-21-2009
I'm going to smoke a Moontrance tonight just to spite you people.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 02:17 PM 05-21-2009
The only thing that bothers me about the acids is the sweet tip.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:40 PM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars.
Never tried an Acid, but the Drew Estate La Vieja Habana Connecticuts are very good IMHO.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:44 PM 05-21-2009
Not a big fan of Acids (althought I smoked them often when I first started). I do like the Drew Estate Natural products though...the Dirt is a tasty little treat.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:46 PM 05-21-2009
I smoked a few Acids in school before I knew anything! I "thought" they were good...tried one again not too long ago when a friend had them...eh not so much!
[Reply]
flat6nut 03:09 PM 05-21-2009
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose? :-)

Thats the funniest **** I have read in a long time. :-) I could not agree with you more. I can admit that i have smoked "one" awhile back, and to me it was like smoking a perfume bottle. In no way can these be classified as a "cigar". No way, no how!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up