Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
General Discussion>iPad 3 (The new iPad)
shilala 07:33 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
You and I talked about these a few months ago, and we both agreed that the new iPad and iPhone were going to be significant upgrades to their predecessors. Congrats, brother!

By chance will you be investing in the case that I pointed out to you?:-)
You're gonna have to point out that case again. Welcome to my memory!!! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:39 AM 03-08-2012
Here's the ipad2/ipad3 comparison page.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
It appears from the wording that the FaceTime camera is the same?
[Reply]
aich75013 07:39 AM 03-08-2012
I kind of like the bamboo cases from Grovemade.
Seems like it would protect fairly well too.
[Reply]
shilala 07:53 AM 03-08-2012
I've had this otterbox defender on my iPad for a couple years now, Adrian. It's impossible to tell it from new and the iPad looks like it was made yesterday.
The big plus is that the back snaps off and covers the screen. Whenever I travel or pack it in a bag, that keeps the screen from getting squished. Even when it's getting tossed around in my laptop bag or suitcase, or packed in the back of the car.
This thing has taken a huge number of scary hits, even dropped face down a number of times and the kids have stomped on it. It's an amazing case.
It's bulky, but that makes it easy for me to handle.
I have the defender on my iPhone, too. I can't even hold it without a case, it slides right out of my hand while I'm talking on it. :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 08:03 AM 03-08-2012
Scott,
I agree with you on the Defender cases. I have one on each of our 2 iPads.
When I was at the airport, somehow they both fell out of my backpack onto the hard floor. They both survived without a scratch. They have taken a few other falls too. I don't have one on my iPhone because it would be too bulky to fit in my pocket, but with two kids, the iPads never leave their Otterbox case. The new Otterbox case does look a little better built than the previous iPad 2 case.
In fact, I'm pretty sure you're the one who sold me on the Otterbox cases. :-)

I just like the look of the bamboo case.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:09 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by ir13:
Its the same shitty front camera, new rear camera.

At least thats what i read on the blogs.
If you read it on the blogs, it has to be true.

:-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:23 AM 03-08-2012
I've used by the Targus Versavu 360 and the Deft Detour cases on the iPad 2. Loved them both! I'll be using the Deft on the new iPad :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 09:52 AM 03-08-2012
It's personal preference obviously but that to me defeats the purpose of buying something like the Otterbox. I've always used the Wrapsol or Zagg skin cases on my iPads and the thickest case I've every had on a iPhone is the Switcheasy Nude (my current iPhone "case" is the Wrapsol film system). They don't offer much if any drop protection, but they do prevent scratches and I can't stand buying a thin sleek device then doubling (or more) it's size with a big clunky case.

Caveat emperor: I don't have kids and am very careful with my devices so physical damage is generally not a issue for me.
[Reply]
shilala 10:10 AM 03-08-2012
I'm just the opposite, Geoff. Kids out the wazoo of all ages (BIG family) plus my phone works with me. My pockets are regularly full of sawdust, dirt, concrete, you name it.
I didn't buy the iphone because it was sleek, not at all. I bought it for it's functionality.
I have a carpenter's calculator on there, keep all my drawings and prints on it, you name it. It gets filthy regularly and I have to clean it often.
It's held up to anything I throw at it, up to and including dropping it dozens of times and stabbing it with a razor knife (by mistake, obviously).
You and I are representative of both ends of the spectrum. :-)
[Reply]
Boz 10:11 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
It's personal preference obviously but that to me defeats the purpose of buying something like the Otterbox. I've always used the Wrapsol or Zagg skin cases on my iPads and the thickest case I've every had on a iPhone is the Switcheasy Nude (my current iPhone "case" is the Wrapsol film system). They don't offer much if any drop protection, but they do prevent scratches and I can't stand buying a thin sleek device then doubling (or more) it's size with a big clunky case.

Caveat emperor: I don't have kids and am very careful with my devices so physical damage is generally not a issue for me.
Ah there we go. 2 year olds like to throw things :-) My otterbox defender has saved my iphone more than a few times.
[Reply]
aich75013 12:16 PM 03-08-2012
Just pre-ordered a white 64GB for my wife. She wants a pink case for it. Ugh.
I also pre-ordered a 32GB for my dad since I get a very slight discount.
[Reply]
McSmokey 01:42 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
Ah there we go. 2 year olds like to throw things :-) My otterbox defender has saved my iphone more than a few times.
The whole purpose for an otterbox. Mine sees more carnage at home than at work and I'm in Construction.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 08:45 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I didn't buy the iphone because it was sleek, not at all. I bought it for it's functionality.
We bought the phone for exactly the same reasons then :-). However since it is thin and sleek I don't feel the need fo change it with big bulky cases. I tried the Apple bumper for a little bit and found it ruined the hand feel. Like I said, I don't have to worry about pint sized humans damaging my devices and I work in an office so I don't need the same level of device protection as some of you guys.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 08:47 PM 03-08-2012
Got 2 on the way!!
:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:23 AM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
We bought the phone for exactly the same reasons then :-). However since it is thin and sleek I don't feel the need fo change it with big bulky cases. I tried the Apple bumper for a little bit and found it ruined the hand feel. Like I said, I don't have to worry about pint sized humans damaging my devices and I work in an office so I don't need the same level of device protection as some of you guys.
Weeze just switched from the otterbox to a skinny case. She got tired with the big and clunky, too. :-)
I don't have any choice, really. I used her phone yesterday and could barely hang onto it. My hands are awful with carpal tunnel and I won't take the time to get them fixed. It's coming soon, though.
She just got new no-fingerprint screen covers and actually managed to put one on without a bunch of fuzz and bubbles under it. I was wholly impressed. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:25 AM 03-09-2012
The pre-order ipads shipped today, by the way. Straight from Chengdu, China.
They're due on the 16th.
Don't forget to pre-sign a UPS form that you can print at Apple so they'll leave it if you won't be around. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 06:33 AM 03-09-2012
I ordered one for my Wife. Her first gen iPad will get handed down to my mom who is very excited about it.
[Reply]
shilala 06:38 AM 03-09-2012
My 1st gen ipad is going to my father-in-law who's equally excited. He's an entertainer and wants to use it for Guitartabb, it's an app that scrolls the lyrics and tabs while you're playing guitar.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 05:12 PM 03-12-2012
Got my shipping notification this afternoon, both new iPads will be delivered this Friday :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:56 AM 03-16-2012
I have my ticket to pick up a 64GB Black in an hour :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up