Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>Got the pink slip this AM
LockOut 12:43 AM 01-26-2010
Wow. Thats an incredible thing for you to do. Karma will pay you back greatly one day.
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:49 AM 01-26-2010
Well day one was yesterday.

I got up early, went grocery shopping, cooked all morning, cleaned the house, hung an under the cabinet radio in the kitchen and worked 15 hours in the shop.

Dang, I worked harder than I did at work :-)

Oh well, the good news is the wife got a 10% raise at work Friday :-)

The check engine light came on in the SUV Friday and she freaked out cuz it stalled. Last year at this time we had to replace 2 of the coils and that was almost $500 so she was all upset. A trip to the local auto zone and a free check, a $10 gas cap and all is well again.

I gotta go do my chores before going to the shop or the "queen" will whoop me :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Tripnastic 08:18 AM 01-26-2010
You saw the right thing to do, then did it. That's a rare trait. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:31 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Well day one was yesterday.

I got up early, went grocery shopping, cooked all morning, cleaned the house, hung an under the cabinet radio in the kitchen and worked 15 hours in the shop.

Dang, I worked harder than I did at work :-)

Oh well, the good news is the wife got a 10% raise at work Friday :-)

The check engine light came on in the SUV Friday and she freaked out cuz it stalled. Last year at this time we had to replace 2 of the coils and that was almost $500 so she was all upset. A trip to the local auto zone and a free check, a $10 gas cap and all is well again.

I gotta go do my chores before going to the shop or the "queen" will whoop me :-)

Chas
The Beginning Of Your Many Blessings To Come, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 09:17 AM 01-26-2010
Charles,

"Taking the bullet" for a co-worker is very admirable.

I don't know you other than admiring your work here on the forums. But I will say that to do something like this speaks volumes about the level of character you possess. I tip my hat to you and wish you good fortune in the future.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:26 AM 01-26-2010
Classy Chuck. May God bless you.
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:50 AM 01-26-2010
It's all been said already, but good on you, my man. :-)

May it come back to you a hundred-fold.
[Reply]
irklak 11:32 AM 01-26-2010
Here's to moving upwards and forwards!
[Reply]
Nimbus 03:54 PM 01-26-2010
So sorry to hear the bad news bro. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Many people I know are currently out of work. Hopefully the economy will pick up within the coming months.
[Reply]
DBall 04:03 PM 01-26-2010
What everyone else said, Chas...... :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up