Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Do you miss this guy?
Ubergopher 04:35 PM 02-10-2009
As far as quotes go I'm move of a Thomas Paine and Patrick Henery fan, but yes Regan does kick ass.

"Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henery

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. " Thomas Paine "The American Crisis"
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:54 PM 02-10-2009
The first time I was old enough to vote - I was able to help put him into office for his first term.
[Reply]
jamesb3 08:52 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by LordOfWu:
:-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 09:32 PM 02-10-2009
Missed dearly.

While I was alive, and in diapers during his run, looking back I just go wow.
[Reply]
M1903A1 09:36 PM 02-10-2009
He had a line in one of his speeches (from early in his administration, I think) that I've been trying to remember in the current crisis. Something about "I say we have a right to be optimistic. We're Americans".

And yeah, I've missed him for decades.
[Reply]
RichardW 10:18 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Nope. I really don't miss him. He *was* principled ... just principles with which I disagree (e.g., his silence on AIDS).
[Reply]
groogs 10:30 PM 02-10-2009
I was in diapers when he was in office, but I do agree with a lot of things he did. I do have to say that I was to young to know all the factors that contributed to his presidency.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up