Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Do you miss this guy?
hotreds 02:57 PM 02-09-2009
'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.'- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'
- Ronald Reagan
[Reply]
rockyr 03:11 PM 02-09-2009
As a matter of fact, I do. :-)
[Reply]
LordOfWu 03:14 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by rockyr:
As a matter of fact, I do. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 03:15 PM 02-09-2009
Yes sir, even though I was a youngin' when he was president
[Reply]
lostark374 03:19 PM 02-09-2009
I miss him Everyday that passes!
[Reply]
jpan 03:42 PM 02-09-2009
I saw that floating around in an e-mail around Christmas. Great stuff.
I would love to have a cigar with him.
[Reply]
MTB996 03:59 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by lostark374:
I miss him Everyday that passes!
missing him more and more lately!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:04 PM 02-09-2009
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:06 PM 02-09-2009
Yes I miss Ronny. I had the pleasure of voting for him every time he was on the ticket.

I miss you Mr. President!
This is for you.
:-):-) :-):-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 04:06 PM 02-09-2009
I was only a child when he was president, but it sounds like he had some good ideas.
[Reply]
Darrell 04:09 PM 02-09-2009
I miss him. I was super young when he was in office, but my Grandpa (my hero) loved the man, any man that's good in his book -- is good in mine. :-)

[Reply]
TheJ 05:03 PM 02-09-2009
Surely missed. The last president to be "respected" by the nation. Now, they're all trashed openly.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:07 PM 02-09-2009
Let's be careful this thread doesn't turn political. If it does, it will be closed.
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:07 PM 02-09-2009
One of our nations finest Presidents!!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:12 PM 02-09-2009
Great quotes. Thanks for sharing. He will be greatly missed.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:19 PM 02-09-2009
Yes I do.
[Reply]
macpappy 05:41 PM 02-09-2009
Somewhere in my archives I have a 35mm color slide I shot in December 1988 of President Regan standing with Mikail Gorbachev on one side and President-Elect Bush on the other side. Gorbachev and Bush were shaking hands. The event was a meeting between all three held on Governor's Island in New York.
[Reply]
dunng 06:27 PM 02-09-2009
More and more... :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:40 PM 02-09-2009
Yes! I miss him more and more with the knuckleheads we have had in Washington since.

A few more to add:

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Man is not free unless government is limited.

And possibly my all time favorite:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
[Reply]
pit bull 06:42 PM 02-09-2009
Yes....he was a great American :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up