Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Entertainment>Gran Torino
Genetic Defect 02:42 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-)
:-) did you get to see it in the theater or a screener :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:49 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
:-) did you get to see it in the theater or a screener :-)
uhm...screener. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:51 PM 12-29-2008
uhm...screener. :-)
me too :-) great movie
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:56 PM 12-29-2008
me too :-) great movie
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:56 PM 12-29-2008
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:12 PM 12-29-2008
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:13 PM 12-29-2008
[Reply]
icehog3 05:31 PM 12-29-2008
Perry is in dildo-mode I see. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:39 PM 12-29-2008
was :-) you missed "prime Dildo"
[Reply]
icehog3 05:54 PM 12-29-2008
was :-) you missed "prime Dildo"
No worries, he'll be back. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:57 PM 12-29-2008
like a flash
[Reply]
goalie204 04:56 PM 12-31-2008
just saw this movie...****ing great. JUst wow.
[Reply]
Whee 09:04 PM 01-04-2009
Hey Mean D, thought you'd like this little piece on Clint.

http://screenrant.com/clint-eastwood...ally-vic-4839/
[Reply]
karmaz00 02:33 PM 01-05-2009
cant wait to see it this week
[Reply]
mastershogun 04:31 PM 01-05-2009
Finally got around to watching it.
I'm an eastwood fan to begin with, so might be a little biased, but I thought it was pretty good. Some of the acting was really bad but I didn't mind it so much (some of my favorite movies like Once did not have the best acting). Some might be uncomfortable with the constant racism but that was one of the major themes to the movie and was done purposefully (I know many Hmong).
All in all, if you can get past some of the acting it was a good little flick. I enjoyed it more than million dollar baby, but I also like not so polished flicks
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:50 PM 01-12-2009
Wow, great movie! Clint did a great job! I didnt think i would laugh as much as i did:-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 06:10 PM 01-13-2009
I actually thought that this was just a so-so film. It was enjoyable enough, but by no means a "masterpiece" or "shining achievement" like some critics are saying. Heck I don't even think its Eastwood's best film.

Ok for a rental, but I'm glad I got a screener copy and didn't pay to go see it :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 09:47 PM 01-13-2009
part of this movie was so vintage eastwood that I could almost see him saying, "you goin to pull those pistols or whistle dixie" The movie is certainly a good story. Although I don't know if I could watch it again, for the same reasons I cannot be a police officer.
**Thread Jack
In the movie shooter, the attorney general says, "this is the United States of America, you cannot simply clean the streets up with a gun, even though sometimes that's what's needed." this applies to this movie, if you've seen it you understand, if you haven't... get your ass to a theater. I just cannot comprehend this concept. The idea that if something is wrong, you do what it takes to fix it, our forefathers did it. MY relatives not so far back did it when they stood up and said that the United States wasn't the best, and seceded. When good men are resigned, or stand by to do nothing, our country is doomed.
**Threadjack end.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:49 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
part of this movie was so vintage eastwood that I could almost see him saying, "you goin to pull those pistols or whistle dixie" The movie is certainly a good story. Although I don't know if I could watch it again, for the same reasons I cannot be a police officer.
**Thread Jack
In the movie shooter, the attorney general says, "this is the United States of America, you cannot simply clean the streets up with a gun, even though sometimes that's what's needed." this applies to this movie, if you've seen it you understand, if you haven't... get your ass to a theater. I just cannot comprehend this concept. The idea that if something is wrong, you do what it takes to fix it, our forefathers did it. MY relatives not so far back did it when they stood up and said that the United States wasn't the best, and seceded. When good men are resigned, or stand by to do nothing, our country is doomed.
**Threadjack end.
Thank you sir:-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 07:32 PM 01-17-2009
just seen this flick today. What an excellent movie. I thought it moved kinda slow in the character development, but it was all purposeful. CE was awesome as a mean guy; I thought it was a really unique roll for him. The movie was long, but there was a reason for everything in the movie. The movie drew me in and did not distract me like other 2 hour long movies. Go out and see it now to draw your own conclusion. I think most people will enjoy it!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up