Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Entertainment>Gran Torino
Darrell 10:35 PM 12-24-2008
Originally Posted by :
Disgruntled Korean War vet Walt Kowalski sets out to reform his neighbor, a young Hmong teenager, who tried to steal Kowalski's prized possession: his 1972 Gran Torino.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205489/

Is anyone else looking forward to Clint Eastwood's latest film?

I am, I am sure it's going to be amazing and the reviews from the premier have said it's an awesome film.

Clint Eastwood kicks ass. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:44 AM 12-25-2008
Clint has gone from an entertaining actor to one of the finest filmakers in the world. He is truly one of my heroes, and I can't wait to see his newest film.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:54 AM 12-25-2008
This looks like a great film, I think the end will be :-): though
[Reply]
Cigary 01:20 AM 12-25-2008
I'd watch any Eastwood movie,,,he just doesn't make a bad one at all. I remember following him around on the golf links Pro Am and this guy is a class act all the way.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 04:00 AM 12-25-2008
*THREAD JACK*

My Brother had a 72 Gran Torino in the mid 80's. It was a mustard yellow POS that he got from my Dad's GF who, get this, NEVER changed the oil but added as needed. Funny thing is it actually ran pretty good. That is until he changed the oil.

*END THREAD JACK*

Yes, I would like to see this movie. It does set up for a sad ending.

T
[Reply]
tobii3 06:30 AM 12-25-2008
There are very few real men left in Hollywood these days.

Clint is still one of them.

The joke growing up was that Clint Eastwood could just walk into a room and women would get pregnant.....:-)
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 09:41 AM 12-25-2008
Ya I'm looking forward to seeing it too.
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:32 AM 12-25-2008
I cannot wait to see this movie!
[Reply]
dcamacho 10:54 AM 12-25-2008
i saw it 2 weeks ago. its a good story, as usual he does a great job acting. the man is getting old and u can tell at times, but he still holds his own!

its a little racist at times (mostly asian), with a lot of jokes. but i guess that's what the movie is about. it really has nothing to do with "Cars" but the Gran Torino does play apart of the story.

dont expect to many gun action or to much violence. but u will get an awesome story and connection with the actors.

good ending. good message. and its always great to see Clint :-)

my rating: B+
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:50 AM 12-26-2008
I saw it last week, it's been on the internet for a while, and it was a very good movie.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:54 AM 12-26-2008
I've heard good things about it and plan on catching it soon.
[Reply]
Tombstone 07:15 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by dcamacho:
i saw it 2 weeks ago. its a good story, as usual he does a great job acting. the man is getting old and u can tell at times, but he still holds his own!

its a little racist at times (mostly asian), with a lot of jokes. but i guess that's what the movie is about. it really has nothing to do with "Cars" but the Gran Torino does play apart of the story.

dont expect to many gun action or to much violence. but u will get an awesome story and connection with the actors.

good ending. good message. and its always great to see Clint :-)

my rating: B+
Everyone is racist against something. Anyone can be offended by anything.
[Reply]
ghostrider 09:36 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Everyone is racist against something. Anyone can be offended by anything.
I find that offensive. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by ghostrider:
I find that offensive. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:56 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by ghostrider:
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I find that offensive. :-) :-)
I find you both offensive! :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:59 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I find you both offensive! :-) :-)
I am offended that I offended you, Bao.
[Reply]
nozero 10:12 AM 12-26-2008
We will see it for certain, but will be waiting for the DVD/Blue-ray release. We just don't care for the movie theater scene or crowd of current times.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:14 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
We will see it for certain, but will be waiting for the DVD/Blue-ray release. We just don't care for the movie theater scene or crowd of current times.
But the popcorn is so good! :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:16 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
thats what you get for reaching into my popcorn bucket
[Reply]
fxpose 12:21 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I saw it last week, it's been on the internet for a while, and it was a very good movie.
Great movie! I saw it on a dvd screener last week and again on the internet site over the weekend. Did you see it on the ninja site? I might watch it again this weekend.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up