Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje stogies
Blak Smyth 02:37 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Bought a L’Espirit de Vérité 2009 today. Will let it sit a few days before diving in though.
Oh that is one I really want to find!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:39 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Oh that is one I really want to find!
I edited my post. They have 2 sizes. A robusto and a Churchill. Are the names specific to the size, or different cigars entirely? Want me to pick some up?
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:40 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Yeah he got me good! I followed the NST rules and he didn't LOL
The rules are different for the CIA's than they are for 1st timers. :-) HollywoodQue was well within the rules!:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:41 PM 02-22-2012
I edited my post. They have 2 sizes. A robusto and a Churchill. Are the names specific to the size, or different cigars entirely? Want me to pick some up?
They are prolly almost $20 right? I can't be spending that right now.
It is so tempting though, I believe Pete Johnson said it was the best cigar he has made.

They are different actually, the one I was talking about is the La Verite 2009 (7 x 47).
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: La Estrella Habano Criolla 98
Filler Nicaraguan Habano (45 percent), Criollo 98 (40 percent), Pele D'Oro (15 percent)

The one you mentioned is similar:
L'Esprit de Verite 2009 (5 x 50)
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: La Estrella Habano Criolla 98
Filler Nicaraguan Habano (50 percent), Criollo 98 (40 percent), Pele D'Oro (10 percent)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:41 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
They are prolly almost $20 right? I can't be spending that right now.
It is so tempting though, I believe Pete Johnson said it was the best cigar he has made.
The robusto is $12, the churchill $15.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:47 PM 02-22-2012
The robusto is $12, the churchill $15.
Man I am soo tempted to have you grab me the churchill, it is the La Verite 2009 (7 x 47 - Churchill)?

Would you be willing to make a trade?
PM me if this interests you!

Looks like the Robustos are still available through NHC for $20
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:57 PM 02-22-2012
Edit: Moved to PM.

Sorry to derail this thread some.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:23 PM 02-22-2012
This is one of Pete's finest

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:38 PM 02-22-2012
Couldn't agree more Kevin. Love me some Easties.
[Reply]
Bax 03:43 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:

One of the best! I still have about 20 left and they're slowly burning away. :-)
[Reply]
J.Rawls 04:14 PM 02-22-2012
The ELO 3 was basically a factory second of the Easties. They are smoking fantastic now!
[Reply]
J.Rawls 04:24 PM 02-22-2012
What's the deal with them? I see many folks raving about them and doing some research on the internet, all I see is limited edition this and limited release that, what's so special about these smokes?

I have yet to see any on the devil's site and I see some on CI. I love full bodied smokes and recently I fell in love with both 601 blue and red. Which Tatuaje would you recommend? And what makes these smokes so special anyway?
Too me, IMHO, it seems Pepin's bet efforts go into Tatuaje. Or Pete just seems to have good tastes with Pepin's blending prowess. They also have the innate ability to age well. My favorite is the Havana Cazadores because if you leave them in the wet pack, they age beautifully (as most of any of his sticks do). Its one of those things that when you smoke one and like one, you will forever be a fan,......plus Pete is just a great guy!
[Reply]
srduggins 05:21 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:

(Tat East Side Pic)
I just smoked my last one last night. Great smoke, but I preferred the OR ELO 3 I smoked about 6 months ago (Same cigar, but later off the table). I wonder if that's a sign of it starting to go downhill, or just a sign of my taste buds changing, lol. FWIW, I also smoked my last Lado Occidental 6 months ago (and OR ELO 1) and they weren't nearly as good as the eastie.

Originally Posted by J.Rawls:
The ELO 3 was basically a factory second of the Easties. They are smoking fantastic now!
I picked up some of the second batch hoping they get as good as the OR was. Are you talking about the recent re-release or the OR?
[Reply]
fencefixer 08:59 PM 02-22-2012
I'm smoking the Havana VI at this very moment.. getting a good amount of pepper. In the beginning I get this cowshit/barnyard flavor for the first 5 puffs which I love but then it went away. From there on still peppery and also slightly creamy. Retrohale has a burn to it, I'm also tasting licorice and wood.. at the halfway point right now, we'll see how it finishes.

Does that sound about right or does my palate need more practice?
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 09:02 PM 02-22-2012
I'm smoking the Havana VI at this very moment.. getting a good amount of pepper. In the beginning I get this cowshit/barnyard flavor for the first 5 puffs which I love but then it went away. From there on still peppery and also slightly creamy. Retrohale has a burn to it, I'm also tasting licorice and wood.. at the halfway point right now, we'll see how it finishes.

Does that sound about right or does my palate need more practice?
Mine is pretty undeveloped, but I know I tasted the barnyard for a few puffs. Then the first and second 3rds tasted like wood. I don't remember any licorice? But, then again, I've never eaten anything but Cherry licorice :-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 10:09 PM 02-22-2012
I got a blister on my index finger now...:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 11:31 PM 02-22-2012
I got a blister on my index finger now...:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 11:37 PM 02-22-2012
I made the same mistake, my man. I nubbed my GH ZuluZulu (that's only a 40some RG) and it got so hot I had a nice sized blister. I guess I could say it was worth it...
[Reply]
fencefixer 11:40 PM 02-22-2012
I nubbed the hell out of it... guess I don't need to shave tomorrow either.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:52 AM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by J.Rawls:
Too me, IMHO, it seems Pepin's bet efforts go into Tatuaje. Or Pete just seems to have good tastes with Pepin's blending prowess.
Pete is a great blender and Pepin has great rollers.
Pepin has asked Pete to blend cigars for his brand because he respects Pete's blends. Pete has all the right people around him to make his dreams reality and that is what being a good businessman is all about, surrounding yourself with the right people.

If anybody has not watched these videos, do so!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up