Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje stogies
fencefixer 06:05 PM 02-21-2012
What's the deal with them? I see many folks raving about them and doing some research on the internet, all I see is limited edition this and limited release that, what's so special about these smokes?

I have yet to see any on the devil's site and I see some on CI. I love full bodied smokes and recently I fell in love with both 601 blue and red. Which Tatuaje would you recommend? And what makes these smokes so special anyway?
[Reply]
E.J. 06:13 PM 02-21-2012
Nothing extra special about them, other than some people really liking them.... They make a bunch of regular production lines.

Been burning through Brown Label Regios lately.
[Reply]
Volusianator 06:15 PM 02-21-2012
A simple search of Tatuaje here on CA will yield more than enough material for you to read up on.
[Reply]
EricF 06:17 PM 02-21-2012
I love the Red label and the Brown label Tats along with the LE's. These are made for Pete By Don Pepin and the tobacco's that are used just have fabulous flavor IMHO. Especially after they get some age on them, but they are real good ROTT!

Now remember Pete does the blending and Pepin does the rolling. Did not want you to think that Pete does nothing cuz that's the farthest from the truth.

Most if not all the tobacco's are from Nicaragua. Not Honduras or The Dominican.

Just my humble opinion.
[Reply]
shilala 06:18 PM 02-21-2012
They're well marketed, I don't find them special, and I really can't recommend any because I've never found one I like.
Tats have a signature flavor that's black peppery and borderline black licorice (to me) and it just plain turns me off. A few years ago I made it a point to try just about everything Pete put out in hopes I'd find something I liked, but didn't have any luck. Rather than struggling on, I just abandoned them.
I'm definately in the minority, most guys really love that "signature flavor".
I'm guessing that the Tat Noella is going to be your best bet for your first try. Guys really seem to enjoy them and the price is right.
You won't find them on cbid because they sell so well. There's no old stock that needs moving.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 06:21 PM 02-21-2012
Actually, there's 3 pages of tats on c-bid. Just type tatuaje in the search window.
[Reply]
fencefixer 06:53 PM 02-21-2012
Yeah there's plenty on cbid but I try to stay away from that place.. it's bad for my wallet. :-)

I'll keep an eye out for a multi sampler pack if I can find them I guess and try some different ones.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 06:54 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
They're well marketed, I don't find them special, and I really can't recommend any because I've never found one I like.
Not even the reserva j21? I like that one the best so far and don't taste any licorice. My pallet probably isn't nearly as developed either though.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
trendo 07:06 PM 02-21-2012
Tat red is one of my go to's. You can pick up a box on cbid for less than a hundo. In my opinion it is a great cigar (especially the retrohale). CI used to offer a five cigar sampler of garcias blends, there was a tat red (also known as Havana VI) along with a san cristobal (which I think tastes similar to the tat), a cuban classic and a couple of other sticks. Worth checking out.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:08 PM 02-21-2012
It took me almost three years to start enjoying Tatuajes. I only enjoy a handful of them, but when they are on...they are truly a treat. :-) And I love that black pepper flavor. :-) :-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 07:14 PM 02-21-2012
Haven't had one I didn't like; I like my pepper too.
:-)
[Reply]
Digs 07:16 PM 02-21-2012
I am currently in love with the Tat Havana VI Nobles :-) , I won a 5 pack last week on the Demon sight for $18.06 (and blew thru them) then another 5 pack on Monday for $22.
Attached: sp-3ub5050-5.jpg (29.4 KB) 
[Reply]
maninblack 07:24 PM 02-21-2012
Worth every penny in my opinion. EricF is our resident Tat whore!
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:45 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Worth every penny in my opinion. EricF is our resident Tat whore!
Awesome, hey Eric what's your hourly rate and are you available weekends
[Reply]
maninblack 07:50 PM 02-21-2012
He works for Tats.
[Reply]
Ratters 08:03 PM 02-21-2012
The red lable tats are still my favorite, and the cheapest. Well, except for the Anarchy, man, I love that smoke. But start with the red, they are a dam fine smoke and would probabaly fit right in your flavor profile. Not really a full bodied smoke, but full of great flavor.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 08:05 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Yeah there's plenty on cbid but I try to stay away from that place.. it's bad for my wallet. :-)

I'll keep an eye out for a multi sampler pack if I can find them I guess and try some different ones.
Check out: http://www.newhavanacigars.com

They have a nice sampler pack.
[Reply]
fencefixer 08:08 PM 02-21-2012
Holy crap those are expensive.. big game sampler pack 7 smokes for $90?!?! Wha.... :-)
[Reply]
shadow king 08:23 PM 02-21-2012
And since you're from Ohio they charge sales tax too
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:44 PM 02-21-2012
LOL That big game sampler pack is that expensive becuase those cigars are limited as well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up