Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>What to save? What to give?
spectrrr 05:17 PM 12-09-2011
I always keep my collection split into two piles - things I purchased, and things given to me. If it's a gifted stick, then its off limits. Anything I picked up is open season, sort of...

It's a matter of who is over. If you're a regular smoker who appreciates a good cigar, nothing is off limits. I don't even have to know you well, just as long as I know you appreciate a cigar. I'll be happy to pick something nice out for you or you're welcome to browse through yourself.

But if you're like one guy I know who smokes a robusto in 20 minutes and thinks grape flavored blunts are perfectly acceptable smokes, well then, I'll pick something out for you that's a little more fitting with your ability to enjoy it. :-) That allows me to stretch my limited resources out and share more premium smokes with people that will really enjoy them (or ruin new folks, brehahaha).

But if you were the guy who likes grape blunts, powersmokes a cigar right into the ground, etc, and you came up to me and said "man, I've really been wanting to try an opus" (and you weren't fishing), I would be happy to share it with you, even though I know you wouldn't taste it anymore than a yardgar, because in that moment, its more than the leaf, and I've given you something that blessed you. Who am I to dictate how that enjoyment has to be felt? :-)
[Reply]
Crownedone 09:01 PM 12-09-2011
The occasional yardgar smoker I will pick out several for them to chose from. If you are a serious BOTL then all my humidors are open for your enjoyment except for just a couple of special smokes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up