Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>What to save? What to give?
Flounder 12:03 AM 12-09-2011
So I am looking tomorrow-ish to spring on a couple samplers and a box of Lot 23's.

My question to you guys, are there any sticks you have that you dont give up for free?

For example, frequently I have buddies over for a smoke and such, like to night, or when I go out once in a blue moon my roomate will ask to join me, and I usually leave my humidor open and it's on a "take whatever you want" basis. This is with the exception of my Perdomo 10th Ann. Champagne that I am saving for Christmas.

I know most of y'all are pretty generous is your sticks as I have experienced with the bombs, NST's and people I have met from here (ie, Dball). But is there like 2 assortments you keep, as in you will open this humidor open to anyone, but also keep a humidor that are just for you?

Just curious how you guys differentiate, if at all.
[Reply]
sevans105 12:44 AM 12-09-2011
Personally, I have a huge cabinet with roughly 2000 sticks that I generally let friends browse in.....except for one drawer. That one is mine. Mostly singles....uniques that I have obtained through trade with brothers here, gifts from friends, sticks with meaning more than tobacco. If you visit me, you are welcome to sample all that I have. Except that drawer. Those are my babies and are not sold or given except on rare occasions and for solemn purposes. If you are smoking a cigar from that drawer, something momentus has occurred and we are marking the occasion with burnt offerings. Or you stole it, and will soon die. One of the two.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:48 AM 12-09-2011
Nothing wrong with having some specials sticks you will be the only one smoking.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:51 AM 12-09-2011
Generally, If I only have one of something and I haven't tried it yet I don't let anyone take it...
[Reply]
Remo 01:06 AM 12-09-2011
Don't give any away, horde them all and tell everyone to get bent :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:10 AM 12-09-2011
I just let friends browse at will. Doesn't bother me as long as I know they'll smoke them entirely and not just halfway.
[Reply]
T.G 01:15 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I just let friends browse at will. Doesn't bother me as long as I know they'll smoke them entirely and not just halfway.
I like 51/100'ths.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:17 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I like 51/100'ths.
:-)

I was kinda partial to around 17/100, but only for brick and mortar cigars as they are better :-)
[Reply]
Bax 01:33 AM 12-09-2011
I only have a couple close friends that are allowed to rumage thru the coolers. Anything they pick is A-OK... this included a 100 year old cigar once :-) Other than those people, I'll pick out something nice for them.
[Reply]
Subvet642 05:03 AM 12-09-2011
Much like Scott said: I have a couple "sticks with meaning more than tobacco", but for the most part, my friends and guests are welcome to what I have, and if they ask me to choose, I give them from my best.
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:13 AM 12-09-2011
I usually pick for my friends if we're going to smoke. But I try to pick something out that they'll enjoy. I only do this cuz my humidors are in my wife and I's bedroom. Plus I've kind of have a couple boxes on hand of everyday/share with friends cigars.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:19 AM 12-09-2011
For me it depends, if it is a non-smoker friend I prefer they smoke something cheaper. I don't think they will enjoy a good cigar much more than a budget stick. I don't let my friends browse I just grab something I think they will enjoy.
If it is a bomb or MAW/PIF I don't mind sending anything I have unless it was a HTF gifted stick, I don't like to send gifted sticks unless I have a few of the same stick.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:24 AM 12-09-2011
I have a drawer for me. Everything else is fair game.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:24 AM 12-09-2011
The only people I've shared cigars with (other than sending stuff to people on forums) haven't been cigar smokers, so I hand pick something that I think will work with a new palate, won't be too strong, and I won't be heartbroken if they only smoke a little of it. As far as sending stuff to BOTL's through forums, there isn't much in my collection that I won't send, other than gifts I've gotten from other people and some of the more rare ones.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:27 AM 12-09-2011
If they like Arganese, they can have anything in my Humi!!!:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:28 AM 12-09-2011
I have given non-smokers great sticks only to see them let it burn out after the first third and then say well I was done anyway. I can't give them something too cheap or they get upset. I think non-smokers like the idea of smoking a good cigar better than the act of smoking a good cigar!
[Reply]
chaase321 07:35 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
The only people I've shared cigars with (other than sending stuff to people on forums) haven't been cigar smokers, so I hand pick something that I think will work with a new palate, won't be too strong, and I won't be heartbroken if they only smoke a little of it. As far as sending stuff to BOTL's through forums, there isn't much in my collection that I won't send, other than gifts I've gotten from other people and some of the more rare ones.
This...but i do prefer they smoke more than half. However, knowing that I was picking it out for them as something they "may" like...they "may" also not, so no hard feelings.
[Reply]
chaase321 07:37 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I have given non-smokers great sticks only to see them let it burn out after the first third and then say well I was done anyway. I can't give them something too cheap or they get upset. I think non-smokers like the idea of smoking a good cigar better than the act of smoking a good cigar!
I'll second that as well! I have also found that sometimes people look at the bands and if it is fancy then it must be expensive :-):-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:39 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by chaase321:
I'll second that as well! I have also found that sometimes people look at the bands and if it is fancy then it must be expensive :-):-)
MOW Virtue is the perfect non-smoker give out stick IMO. The band is pretty and they are not too strong for a non-smoker. I personally don't care for them so it is perfect!
[Reply]
ktblunden 08:12 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
MOW Virtue is the perfect non-smoker give out stick IMO. The band is pretty and they are not too strong for a non-smoker. I personally don't care for them so it is perfect!
Brilliant! It's a nice, flavorful mild smoke too.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up