Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Packs or Boxes?
DMK 07:55 AM 09-25-2011
Great advice from all here, for me it all started with buying a single cigar....:-)
I bought my first (of many) humidors after the FIL brought 2 boxes of Monte #4's from the ISOM.... it was a 60.
Bought a 100, was gifted a 40, bought a 300, then the first cooler, picked up a second and yesterday a third....
I'm looking at a vino and getting rid of the wood humidors.
My suggestion is to pick up a smaller cooler, you can always use it for beer if you don't fall off the slope, and if you do, you can still use it for beer.
Relax and enjoy the ride:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:08 AM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by DMK:
Great advice from all here, for me it all started with buying a single cigar....:-)
I bought my first (of many) humidors after the FIL brought 2 boxes of Monte #4's from the ISOM.... it was a 60.
Bought a 100, was gifted a 40, bought a 300, then the first cooler, picked up a second and yesterday a third....
I'm looking at a vino and getting rid of the wood humidors.
My suggestion is to pick up a smaller cooler, you can always use it for beer if you don't fall off the slope, and if you do, you can still use it for beer.
Relax and enjoy the ride:-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
PindarsLight 08:58 AM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by ckay:
Any Tupperware that utilizes a gasket will work fine. A large 65% humipack is perfect.

As far as dividers, they aren't necessary. If you want to use them, go to your B&M and see if they will give you empty boxes. More times than not they are lined with thin sheets of cedar.

As far as a hygrometer get a digital unit and calibrate it. To do so, you just need to throw it in the Tupperware with your hydration packet and see if they coincide after a day. If not, you have your standard error.

Lastly all you need is three Boveda packs to rotate as you can recharge these.
something like this maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/Tupperware-Mod...962663&sr=8-24
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:15 AM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by PindarsLight:
does it matter which packet I get? and should I get a digital read out or an analog to go with it?

How large should I go? Should I get it big enough to put dividers in it? What dividers are the best to use?

Is there a particular Tupperware that better then another?
I got tired of trying to figure out where to put the odd bundle I'd pick up. Seems like I was always trying to cram them in here or there. I finally bought one of these. I keep a small container of beads in it and with the airtight silicone seal it sports, I can pretty much forget about it for long periods of time (still have a couple JLP bundles in it). It holds around six bundles, with room left over.

Linky
[Reply]
PindarsLight 02:45 PM 09-25-2011
Can the bag of beads be budded up against the stogies? I found a 20 piece set that would be perfect for several 5 packs..or more I just don't want to stack different cigars in the same container and risk ruining them.
[Reply]
DevilBane 03:56 PM 09-25-2011
A small cooler and a couple boveda packs is all i started with and it worked great for me. Just as everyone else has said already, buy 3 times bigger than what you think you need.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:42 PM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by PindarsLight:
Can the bag of beads be budded up against the stogies? I found a 20 piece set that would be perfect for several 5 packs..or more I just don't want to stack different cigars in the same container and risk ruining them.
I just have beads sitting in a little square plastic container I picked up at Target or Wally World or somewhere. Same thing in my smaller desktop. I wouldn't want the bag to be laying right up against my cigars. Maybe put the bag in a baggie and leave it unsealed?
[Reply]
PindarsLight 05:56 PM 09-25-2011
This is what I ended up getting, the one with the m&ms is the size I got the lids do not have a gasket but seal pretty tight as I can't squeeze air out. I will do a water test to be sure but I have a feeling these will do fine.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...od_ID=RP091887

My next question is do all 5 packs usually are wrapped in plastic if so could I leave one end of said plastic open and put the beads on or near it?
[Reply]
PindarsLight 10:33 AM 09-26-2011
They seem to have a a tight seal, the inside is about 8 inchs I figure if I buy 5.5 or less I should be fine then I could put some beads in it and call it good
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up