Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>iPhone 4 Sucks!
Blueface 12:30 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Carlos, all I sold was the phone. No cords or earbuds or nothin.
What they do with them is beyond me. I have seen things on ebay where they'll take your busted, water damaged phone and replace it for a hundred bucks. Ive also heard rumor that Apple will do "out of warranty" replacement for a hundred bucks.
I had pulled mine apart and even mentioned that. And I mentioned it went in the ocean. Otherwise it was in pristine condition. I put pics on there and was completely honest.
When I got paid, I just about sh1t.
That also made me quit caring about what they do with them. I bet you'll get a lot more for your iPhone 4. Mine was a 32 GB 3GS.
Do a three day auction over the weekend. Then we can all watch you get rich. :-)
I am going to list both my 4 and my 3G. The latter works fine.
I was waiting for the weekend and to allow two current water damaged listed phone auctions to expires.
Also called Apple to inquire if whoever gets it can turn it on and retrieve private information.
Turns out since I use a passcode feature all the time, they can only reset the phone and will lose all data.

Now what I am wondering is should I remove the SIM card? I forgot to ask about that and that little device may be retaining important stuff I may not want other to have.
[Reply]
357 01:33 PM 09-17-2010
You forgot to download iFloat first. Maybe the new iWaterproof would have come in handy.

Sorry I know my jokes are lame. Its the best I can do being a PC geek for a living.
[Reply]
T.G 01:58 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
You forgot to download iFloat first. Maybe the new iWaterproof would have come in handy.

Sorry I know my jokes are lame. Its the best I can do being a PC geek for a living.

iLOLed
[Reply]
poker 02:27 PM 09-17-2010
Might still be salvageable. If you want, I know a guy personally who'll give it a shot.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:27 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
iLOLed
As did i
[Reply]
T.G 03:04 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
iDidToo
iFixedIt
[Reply]
shilala 03:19 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am going to list both my 4 and my 3G. The latter works fine.
I was waiting for the weekend and to allow two current water damaged listed phone auctions to expires.
Also called Apple to inquire if whoever gets it can turn it on and retrieve private information.
Turns out since I use a passcode feature all the time, they can only reset the phone and will lose all data.

Now what I am wondering is should I remove the SIM card? I forgot to ask about that and that little device may be retaining important stuff I may not want other to have.
I'd keep the sim card and throw it away. I didn't send my sim card along with the phone, I'm sure.
If anyone ultimately uses the phone, they'll drop their sim card in it.
Covers your ass, too. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:24 AM 09-18-2010
iLOLed
Originally Posted by sikk50:
As did i
iFixedIt
For many of us happy iPhone users, it is more like:
iAwesome
iBest
iLoveit
iHaveit
iYouDon't
:-)

How could I forget:
iWoulddoitalloveragainandpayanother$600ifsomething happeedtothisnewonebecauseitisthatdarngoodtohave
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:33 PM 09-18-2010
iLovemypoorreception :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:41 PM 09-18-2010
I doubt Apple will honor floaters :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:59 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
iLovemypoorreception :-)
Joe, I honestly wish I knew what that was all about.
In three years or so of owning iPhones, I have yet to ever need to make a call from anywhere I have been where I have not had reception.
As I mentioned in other threads, just to name a few places:
Anywhere in Central to South Florida (in fact, in Key Largo this past weekend, before mine went diving, my wife's Verizon had zero reception from the hotel and mine was fine.
Pensacola
Atlanta
Mobile
Charlotte
Savannah
Nashville
NYC/Long Island
NJ (northern part, near NY to Bridgewater)
Hampton, NH
Maine
Chicago
Indianapolis
Phoenix
Dallas/Ft. Worth
LA area (LA/Anaheim/Diamond Bar)
Sacramento
Portland
Seattle
Salt Lake City
Las Vegas
Denver
San Francisco
San Jose
Austin
Houston

....and quite a few more I frankly don't remember.

So, while I certainly don't doubt there may be areas of bad reception, I can attest that I have never had a problem and I have traveled very frequently to many of these places.
In fact, my business cell has always been with AT&T and I have used that lots before I ever got an iPhone, with no problems.

I must be the luckiest guy on Earth or the reception issue is more BS than reality.

Oh wait, I now remember.
One time, at band camp, I was in an elevator, 15 floors under ground, surrounded by lead, and I recall not having reception.

BTW,
Although I mentioned it, let me restate it. My household has two AT&T cell accounts and one Verizon.
I kept my wife on Verizon due to my daughter so they can talk and save my daughter some money.
When the wife and I travel, we have both carriers available to us.
If anything I have ever noticed is hers experiences more reception issues than mine does.
Go figure.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:10 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Might still be salvageable. If you want, I know a guy personally who'll give it a shot.
Kelly,
Thanks.
Still thinking what I will do.
I am already into the new one so I think to sell it may be best.
On the other hand, if he can fix it, I may be able to get more money if it then works or I can save it for the next time I go swimming.
Will PM you.
[Reply]
floydpink 02:54 PM 09-18-2010
Speakin of reception, the building I work in supposedly has no cel phone reception as it is reinforced with steel rebar and is supposedly able to withstand a cat 4 hurricane and was where we had evacuation for Hurricane Charlie.

I have never had trouble making or recieving calls on my iPhone 3 from the building and work alongside people on Verizon and other carriers who can't get a signal. Specifically, a coworker with the Driod. That same worker finds delight in telling me how much better her droid is due to all kinds of technical advancements she claims the Iphone lacks. Her texting is also brought to new levels due to the keyboard on her Droid. Any 15-30 year old texting fans would certainly be jealous of her ability to text and carry on a conversation at he same time. Me? Blech!

Not my intention to sound like an Iphone fanboy, but all this reception talk seems a little silly for me, an Iphone owner, coming from folks who never owned one.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:07 PM 09-18-2010
Joe, I honestly wish I knew what that was all about.
In three years or so of owning iPhones, I have yet to ever need to make a call from anywhere I have been where I have not had reception.
Hey, it's a new problem for me. I never had a problem with my old edge iPhone. Five bars just about everywhere, I was even getting calls and texts when I was out in Volcano National park Hawaii. My girlfriend got me an iphone 4 for my bday and it has been anything but good reception wise. I've never seen it hit five bars, I get one bar at my place (old phone had five bars) to no service consistently, and my dropped call rate has gone way up. I thought maybe I had a bum phone, but i'm now on my second device and it still sucks. It's really frustrating, I live in the tristate area, no reason for such crap service. And i've done a round robin with the different iphones here, mine is the only one that sucks service wise. My girlfriends 3GS has five bars here, my old phone five bars, my sisters old 3G no problem, me no service. Did a herf with Yachties at Jr's the other night, guess what, his 3GS full service, me at one bar to no service :-)

I really regret giving away my old iPhone. This 4 model is a cool toy with a beautiful display, but I find it seriously sucks as a phone.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:02 PM 09-29-2010
Well, iPhone 4 may not be grateful about a swim, may cost $599 plus tax to replace if lost, but man does it recover almost all that on Ebay, damaged, AS IS.
Not sure what they do with it. Not sure I really care. Waiting with open arms for that PP payment to hit.
[Reply]
357 01:17 PM 09-29-2010
Well, iPhone 4 may not be grateful about a swim, may cost $599 plus tax to replace if lost, but man does it recover almost all that on Ebay, damaged, AS IS.
Not sure what they do with it. Not sure I really care. Waiting with open arms for that PP payment to hit.
Maybe there are a lot of iSuckers
[Reply]
Blueface 01:20 PM 09-29-2010
Maybe there are a lot of iSuckers
Yup. That has got to be it for sure.
Out of all the things on Earth one could have imagined, yup, that would definitely have to be the one.
Thanks for letting me know.
It was killing me to find out.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:02 PM 09-29-2010
iToldyaso. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:07 PM 09-29-2010
I talk on the phone and text at the same time on my iPhone. Maybe she just doesn't know you can do that? I can talk, take pics and text them to whoever I'm talking to, even. Or email them, or whatever.
It hadn't even occurred to me that a person couldn't do that with any phone. I guess I forgot.

Originally Posted by floydpink:
Speakin of reception, the building I work in supposedly has no cel phone reception as it is reinforced with steel rebar and is supposedly able to withstand a cat 4 hurricane and was where we had evacuation for Hurricane Charlie.

I have never had trouble making or recieving calls on my iPhone 3 from the building and work alongside people on Verizon and other carriers who can't get a signal. Specifically, a coworker with the Driod. That same worker finds delight in telling me how much better her droid is due to all kinds of technical advancements she claims the Iphone lacks. Her texting is also brought to new levels due to the keyboard on her Droid. Any 15-30 year old texting fans would certainly be jealous of her ability to text and carry on a conversation at he same time. Me? Blech!

Not my intention to sound like an Iphone fanboy, but all this reception talk seems a little silly for me, an Iphone owner, coming from folks who never owned one.

[Reply]
357 02:09 PM 09-29-2010
Yup. That has got to be it for sure.
Out of all the things on Earth one could have imagined, yup, that would definitely have to be the one.
Thanks for letting me know.
It was killing me to find out.:-)
Sorry I should have noted it was just a joke. I can rarely resist Apple related pokes.

All in good fun.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up