Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>iPhone 4 Sucks!
Blueface 08:31 AM 09-14-2010
You would think a device that gets that much use as mine does, that is two months old now, would appreciate a trip with the wife and I to Key Largo.
Furthermore, you would think it would appreciate my act of kindness of taking it in the bay with me for a dip in some great Florida Keys ocean water.

Well, I have learned my phone is not appreciative of any of that. In fact, it made it's feelings very well known to me by heating up to a boiling point where I was about to be burned if I held onto it too long.

So, moral of the story, after stopping by the Apple store to pick up a new one, this time at the lovely price of $599 plus tax, is that iPhone 4's suck!!! They don't appreciate a weekend getaway and a dip in the bay.:-)

I might add, the culprit was five rum runners with floaters of 151 before taking that fateful dip.

Let the iPhone bashing begin.:-):-):-) again........yet.........still.
[Reply]
aich75013 08:49 AM 09-14-2010
:-) :-) Someone's gonna say that you should have bought an Android phone.

Mine actually overheated once. I had it on the patio by the pool in direct sunlight when it was 102*F outside. It showed a warning that it needed to cool down. Worked fine after I took it inside to let it cool off.
I'm glad I didn't decide to take a dip with it.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:51 AM 09-14-2010
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, Carlos. LOL
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:55 AM 09-14-2010
I blew out an iphone plugging into a wall outlet in Mexico. Too much voltage and iPhone is barely touchable hot.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:55 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by aich75013:
:-) :-) Someone's gonna say that you should have bought an Android phone.
Let me be the first. I am the owner of an Android phone (HTC Desire) for a week now and love it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:57 AM 09-14-2010
Did you have a wake for your iPhone (more rum runners with floaters of 151)? It seems only appropriate!
[Reply]
Blueface 09:00 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Let me be the first. I am the owner of an Android phone (HTC Desire) for a week now and love it.
Take it for a swim in the ocean and then let me know how happy you are then.:-)

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Did you have a wake for your iPhone (more rum runners with floaters of 151)? It seems only appropriate!
Took me two days to stop thinking about it. Man I was pissed at myself. On the third day, wife convinced me to go get another one. In the meantime, I spent three days in the keys, without my phone, without my email, without my fantasy football scores. Man I was lost!!!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:02 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Take it for a swim in the ocean and then let me know how happy you are then.:-)
Got full insurance, even for things like that :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:03 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Got full insurance, even for things like that :-)
:-)

No insurance that is worthwhile here.
Best I found is costly and then has a high deductible. Not worth it.

I am going to wait four weeks or so and then dissect my old one.
Dying to see what that salt will do in there in that time.
Pictures to come eventually.
[Reply]
landhoney 09:05 AM 09-14-2010
this time at the lovely price of $599 plus tax.....the culprit was five rum runners with floaters of 151 before taking that fateful dip.
Those were some expensive drinks. :-)

Sorry to hear of your lose Carlos.
[Reply]
T.G 09:08 AM 09-14-2010
Hi, Billy Mays here!

Having problems with your iPhone? We HAVE your solution, right here, right now! Let me show it to you!

Yes, it's the amazing iBrick! This all in one tool solves all your iPhone problems swiftly and efficiently!

You simply place your iPhone on any hard surface, preferably concrete, and raise our exclusive iBrick above your head and slam it down on the phone. Yes, just SLAM IT DOWN! That's right. Most iPhone problems are resolved with JUST A SINGLE APPLICATION! For exceptionally stubbon phones, a second application might be necessary.

That's it! It's that simple! Just SLAM THE iBRICK DOWN!

You know it's quality because the iBrick is made in GERMANY!

How much would you expect to pay for this marvel of technological repair?

$39.95?
$49.95?
$59.95?

NO WAY! I'm Billy Mays and right here, right now, today, I'm here to tell you that you can forget all of that! You can have this AMAZING iBRICK for a MERE $19.95!!

YES, you heard that right! Just $19.95!

In fact, if you order now, I'll throw in a second iBrick free of charge!

That's right! TWO iBricks for the price of one!

That's not all though!

I'll include a FREE, yes absolutely FREE mini-dustpan and broom.

So that's TWO iBricks and a bonus mini-dustpan, all for $19.95*.

But, wait, there's MORE!

If you order in the next 30 minutes, I'll even throw in a mini-coke spoon!

That's one iBrick, plus FREE bonus iBrick, FREE mini-dustpan and broom and FREE mini-coke spoon! All for the low, low price of $19.95! That's TEN DOLLARS LESS than Apple charges! And you can FIX your OWN iPhone!

Call now, operators are standing by!

$19.95 includes iBrick, bonus free iBrick, mini-dustpan and broom, and bonus free mini-coke spoon. Shipping and handling extra, $39.95 to most locations. Offer valid for contentinental US only, void where prohibited,

[Reply]
Blueface 09:11 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Those were some expensive drinks. :-)

Sorry to hear of your lose Carlos.
It was a costly experience indeed.
On the way back, stopped at West Marine and picked up a Pelican water proof case for my new one.
Next time, first, will leave it in the room. Second, if I forget number one, will place it in the Pelican case.

Gotta tell you, all you need to do is be without it for three days as I was and man do you realize how dependent you are on that toy. I was literally lost. Then, when I got the new one, the kid in me returned.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:42 AM 09-14-2010
Next time, leave the iPhone in the bag on the beach or get the Otterbox Defender case that will seal the phone up pretty good.
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:54 AM 09-14-2010
Carlos, I feel for you my friend. I would be lost without my iphone.
And you have one of the best wives on the planet. :-)
[Reply]
the MacDonald 09:58 AM 09-14-2010
:-)

No insurance that is worthwhile here.
Best I found is costly and then has a high deductible. Not worth it.

I am going to wait four weeks or so and then dissect my old one.
Dying to see what that salt will do in there in that time.
Pictures to come eventually.
I got mine at Best Buy, they have a "no fault insurance," that covers every sort of drink related mishaps, or generally poor judgement, outside of loss or theft.

me, "so if I wanted to get that guys attention over there by throwing my Iphone at him, you'll give me a new one?"

them, "well yeah, as long as you bring it in."

me, "I'll take it."
[Reply]
bazookajoe 10:05 AM 09-14-2010
You would think a device that gets that much use as mine does, that is two months old now, would appreciate a trip with the wife and I to Key Largo.
Furthermore, you would think it would appreciate my act of kindness of taking it in the bay with me for a dip in some great Florida Keys ocean water.

Well, I have learned my phone is not appreciative of any of that. In fact, it made it's feelings very well known to me by heating up to a boiling point where I was about to be burned if I held onto it too long.

So, moral of the story, after stopping by the Apple store to pick up a new one, this time at the lovely price of $599 plus tax, is that iPhone 4's suck!!! They don't appreciate a weekend getaway and a dip in the bay.:-)

I might add, the culprit was five rum runners with floaters of 151 before taking that fateful dip.

Let the iPhone bashing begin.:-):-):-) again........yet.........still.
Had a friend who found one in the bay here, in the water. I guess whoever dropped it decided there was no point in retrieving it. My friend got it, let it dry out for a week or so and it works perfectly. Unless you know it's fried you might want to give it some time to dry out and see what happens...
[Reply]
Blueface 10:28 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by bazookajoe:
Had a friend who found one in the bay here, in the water. I guess whoever dropped it decided there was no point in retrieving it. My friend got it, let it dry out for a week or so and it works perfectly. Unless you know it's fried you might want to give it some time to dry out and see what happens...
It definitely fried. No doubt in my mind.
It has now been four days since it happened and still won't turn on. Won't even acknowledge the charger when connected.

If this had been regular water or pool water, I would have opened it and aired it out.
Being salt water and for so many years seeing first hand what salt water can do to things, there is no doubt this phone is done.
Within a short while, the corrosion will begin.
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:35 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by the MacDonald:
I got mine at Best Buy, they have a "no fault insurance," that covers every sort of drink related mishaps, or generally poor judgement, outside of loss or theft.

me, "so if I wanted to get that guys attention over there by throwing my Iphone at him, you'll give me a new one?"

them, "well yeah, as long as you bring it in."

me, "I'll take it."
+1 I call it my football insurance in case my wife decides to use hers as a projectile like she did her last one during the Alabama/Auburn game last year.
[Reply]
bazookajoe 10:37 AM 09-14-2010
It definitely fried. No doubt in my mind.
It has now been four days since it happened and still won't turn on. Won't even acknowledge the charger when connected.

If this had been regular water or pool water, I would have opened it and aired it out.
Being salt water and for so many years seeing first hand what salt water can do to things, there is no doubt this phone is done.
Within a short while, the corrosion will begin.
I'm sure it is a goner, just wanted to mention it as the one my friend found was in salt water too. Even though it's working no doubt over time the corrosion will take it's toll...
[Reply]
jovenhut 10:49 AM 09-14-2010
I have a http://www.squaretrade.com and it covers almost everything
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up