Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Sports>Lebron, Bosh and Wade on the same team
The Poet 03:10 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
Remember when they booed him during the series with the Celtics?
Remember when The (sel-proclaimed) Chosen 1, King James, gave up during the series with the Celtics, and didn't even bother to at least mail it in? If any @$$ of an athlete ever deserved to get booed, it was then.
[Reply]
blugill 04:12 PM 07-09-2010
I don't fault an athlete going for a better deal or more money. I do what I do for the money and would jump ship if another place offered a better deal.
I wouldn't have a one hour special to rub my former employers noses in it though.
That's just a bad way to leave a place that was very good to you and gave you the run of the place.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:27 PM 07-09-2010
Sounds like a law firm.
[Reply]
yachties23 08:53 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Remember when The (sel-proclaimed) Chosen 1, King James, gave up during the series with the Celtics, and didn't even bother to at least mail it in? If any @$$ of an athlete ever deserved to get booed, it was then.

Good call Tom.

I think Dan Gilbert was a bit harsh, but his tone reflected the betrayal his team, his organization and his city are going through. See how Wade managed to "Sell" Bosh and Lebron? Why couldn't Lebron sell Bosh, who apparently had a sign and trade worked out between the Raptors and the Cavs.

I think we may hear down the road that these three had this in the plans since the 08 olympics. Player collusion isn't a punishable offense, but don't doubt that Pat the Rat knew what was up all along.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 09:26 PM 07-09-2010
He not only screwed Cleveland (they let go their coach and GM just to appease the idiot), but also other teams and free agents as well. Teams like Nets, for example, who could have gone after other players and are now left with no one to really pick (Lee was on the list for Nets yet that long delay allowed Oakland to sneak in, for example).

As is, I hope NBA looks into player tampering since it looks like LeBron, Bosh and Miami Heat (via Wade) conspired to make this happen. Players meeting 3 weeks before July 1st to "discuss strategy" is not allowed, AFAIK, yet NBA is strangely silent on the issue. Heat should loose all draft picks for the next X years so that teams in the future do not follow same BS "strategy".

If there is any justice, Heat will fail same way Manchester City futbol club failed last year after buying everyone they could for stupid money. There is only one ball to go around plus Heat now have to still build their bench with no money left to play with.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:33 PM 07-09-2010
Kinda bold for the owner of the Cavs to guarantee Cleveland will win a title before Lebron does.

Hope he's right, but doubt it a lot. Probably be a few years before they see the post season.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:49 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Kinda bold for the owner of the Cavs to guarantee Cleveland will win a title before Lebron does.

Hope he's right, but doubt it a lot. Probably be a few years before they see the post season.
I'd love to see the Vegas line on that. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ewingrules 07:41 AM 07-10-2010
If the owners did what these players did it would be considered collusion.:-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 08:50 AM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by blugill:
I don't fault an athlete going for a better deal or more money. I do what I do for the money and would jump ship if another place offered a better deal..
Well thats just the thing.. He took less money to go to Miami.. So at least people cant say he did it for the money.. He lost about 15 million (110 totol) by going to Miami, rather then the 125 million he would have got by staying in cleveland
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:39 AM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ewingrules:
If the owners did what these players did it would be considered collusion.:-)
Heat ownership seems to have been involved through proxy (Wade) all along.
[Reply]
Ewingrules 08:58 AM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Well thats just the thing.. He took less money to go to Miami.. So at least people cant say he did it for the money.. He lost about 15 million (110 totol) by going to Miami, rather then the 125 million he would have got by staying in cleveland
With that much money does it really matter? The state tax is alot better in Florida than it is in Ohio.
[Reply]
Ewingrules 09:00 AM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Heat ownership seems to have been involved through proxy (Wade) all along.
I agree but it is hard to prove. The point is players are allowed to get together and do these things and the owners can't. There will be a lockout and things are going to change big time in the NBA.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:31 AM 07-11-2010
I agree but it is hard to prove. The point is players are allowed to get together and do these things and the owners can't. There will be a lockout and things are going to change big time in the NBA.
Looking forward to it, hope it lasts two seasons. :-) :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:04 PM 07-11-2010
Open admission now: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....iamis_cou.html

If NBA doesn't go after Miami with some seriously hefty fines, this league is done.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:14 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Open admission now: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....iamis_cou.html

If NBA doesn't go after Miami with some seriously hefty fines, this league is done.

What can the NBA do besides fine Miami?
[Reply]
yachties23 12:37 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What can the NBA do besides fine Miami?
They have taken draft picks away in the past, They could theoretically take cap room away from them. Forcing them to only give minimum contracts to anybody besides the big 3.

David Stern usually is the man, but I can see him cowering here.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:39 PM 07-11-2010
They should take full action IMO.
[Reply]
yachties23 12:49 PM 07-11-2010
They should take full action IMO.
It is terrible for the sport and the league. It would make me very happy to see the league step in, but it won't happen.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:59 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
It is terrible for the sport and the league. It would make me very happy to see the league step in, but it won't happen.

That's what I don't understand. They need to step in.
[Reply]
yachties23 01:08 PM 07-11-2010
That's what I don't understand. They need to step in.
They won't. I had been suggesting that the 3 players were in collusion together for some time, and a friend suggested that the League stands to make too much money off this one team.

I disagree. You put 2 of the 3 biggest draws on the same team, thus reducing road gates. Not to mention Miami is the 17th largest market in the NBA, if Lebron went to Chicago or the Knicks he would play in the 1st or 3rd largest market. More money is to be made elsewhere.

I'd love to see these three spend the next 5 years playing with jim the parking lot attendant, and max from accounting due to restrictions placed on the team.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up