Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Thinking about firing one up......in the house
longknocker 04:49 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Namerifrats:
That's correct! Digging through the coolers now! A few things on TV this evening.....I prob have time for 3 cigars....maybe 4 if I feel the urge. I'm gonna slip the glass door open a it and set up a box fan blowing out. Not sure how well it will work because my chair is roughly 15ft from the door. Also though about maybe removing 2-3 of the ceiling tiles above my chair. Let the smoke get above the drop ceiling....lol.
This Is A Fun Post! Even Better In A Couple Of Weeks When The Wife Finds Out!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:50 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Or, in my case, leaves. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Namerifrats 04:57 PM 01-03-2010
Pics of basement room right before I moved in. Only been here a month, so don't have any pics with my stuff in there yet. Anyway, the cable wires over near the glass door are where the computer sits, the other wires are where my big screen sits. My chair is on the opposite wall across from the TV, where I will be smoking. White door near the glass door in the picture leads to the garage. In the second picture, that open way has another door to the garage just beyond it, and to the right inside the open way (out of sight) in the stairs leading up to the first floor, with a door closed at the top. Smell shouldn't go up there..

[Reply]
icehog3 04:58 PM 01-03-2010
Light 'em up!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 04:59 PM 01-03-2010
Lol this reminds me of a kid throwing a party while his parents are out of town and planning to get rid of all the evidence.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:01 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Pauly Walnuts:
Lol this reminds me of a kid throwing a party while his parents are out of town and planning to get rid of all the evidence.
Exactly!:-)
[Reply]
Namerifrats 05:05 PM 01-03-2010
lol, Oh I'm putting alot of thought and planning into this! My wife isn't that bad though. I've made her mad a few times but it was always something a bit worse, like burning up a good pot or something. Easily fixed by just buying her a new one. I love hot pepper and hot sauces, I make alot of beef jerky. I dried alot of Habaneros on the dehydrator once, and ground them up in the blender when making a sauce. She came home while that dust was still in the air. I caught hell over that one as she can't stand hot stuff. Eyes watering, nose running, all the windows open, etc. If she does smell it, she'll just roll her eyes an probably have a smart comment about it. If nothing else, it will help me pave the way for getting my smoking room built. Planning to covert a large area in the 2 car garage into a smoking room in the next year or two. She insist on parking in the garage, but I could care less, so I park my vehicle outside where vehicles belong.
[Reply]
Cigarbud 05:18 PM 01-03-2010
If It's that big of a worry, might I suggest....your car. You can keep warm, listen to music, good ventilation and best of all, they usually have one of their own. Just remember to keep the window cracked, or it'll stink terrible for weeks.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:19 PM 01-03-2010
lol, Oh I'm putting alot of thought and planning into this! My wife isn't that bad though. I've made her mad a few times but it was always something a bit worse, like burning up a good pot or something. Easily fixed by just buying her a new one. I love hot pepper and hot sauces, I make alot of beef jerky. I dried alot of Habaneros on the dehydrator once, and ground them up in the blender when making a sauce. She came home while that dust was still in the air. I caught hell over that one as she can't stand hot stuff. Eyes watering, nose running, all the windows open, etc. If she does smell it, she'll just roll her eyes an probably have a smart comment about it. If nothing else, it will help me pave the way for getting my smoking room built. Planning to covert a large area in the 2 car garage into a smoking room in the next year or two. She insist on parking in the garage, but I could care less, so I park my vehicle outside where vehicles belong.
Sounds Like You "Might" Be OK; No Guarantees, Though! Should Be Interesting!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:20 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarbud:
If It's that big of a worry, might I suggest....your car. You can keep warm, listen to music, good ventilation and best of all, they usually have one of their own. Just remember to keep the window cracked, or it'll stink terrible for weeks.
I Think It's A "Challenge" For David, Jeff!:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:21 PM 01-03-2010
David, Put a towel at the bottom of the door leading into the upstairs just in case. First time you might want to have both the garage door and glass door open. Its the lingering smoke that can really leave odors, if the smoke is vacated quickly it doesnt have a chance to get into fabrics which will retain odor the most.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 05:32 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarbud:
I smoke in my car all the time. Speaking of cars, I failed to mention, it might be a double whammy anyway. I smoked 5 cigars in her van on the 10 hours drive back from Florida Thurday. lol Had the window down, and I went out there this mornin and can barely smell anything. Leaving the window down in the garage all night and will shoot some Febreze in there too to be safe.
[Reply]
neoflex 05:34 PM 01-03-2010
I'm anxious to see how this one plays out when wifey comes home.:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:40 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I'm anxious to see how this one plays out when wifey comes home.:-):-)
We All Are!:-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:56 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
We All Are!:-)
You know that 4 cigars is definitely going to turn into honey I only smoked one. :-)
[Reply]
Namerifrats 06:15 PM 01-03-2010
That's right!
[Reply]
bobarian 06:28 PM 01-03-2010
I smoke in my car all the time. Speaking of cars, I failed to mention, it might be a double whammy anyway. I smoked 5 cigars in her van on the 10 hours drive back from Florida Thurday. lol Had the window down, and I went out there this mornin and can barely smell anything. Leaving the window down in the garage all night and will shoot some Febreze in there too to be safe.
:-):-)Now that's a strategy. Get her pissed about her stinky van, then she might let the basement slide! :-)

Or she could just get super pissed and bring the hammer down! :-):-)
[Reply]
Thrak 06:42 PM 01-03-2010
I can just hear a bunch of guys screaming "TOGA TOGA TOGA" :-)

Good luck brotha!!
[Reply]
Cigarbud 07:49 PM 01-03-2010
I have to say, what an awesome thread, I think it highlights a problem all of us married men deal with who live in the cold states.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 08:08 PM 01-03-2010
Somebody needs to light up with me tonight! I know somebody out there is in a cold area wanting a smoke. I've already finished off 2, going to like the 3rd in a few. Watching Borat..lol
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up