Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>It's a Special Occasion
OHRD 05:56 PM 10-05-2009
I have put off my celebratory cigar for too long; my son just turned one and I still haven't smoked my birth gift from a buddy, a 1932 Padilla. I'd say my fav would be an RP Decade or '99 Vintage...
[Reply]
Bax 06:01 PM 10-05-2009
I'd have to reach for a Monte Especial. Those are my special box :-)
[Reply]
wavescrashing 08:21 PM 10-15-2009
I save a few special aged Habanos for leaving or returning from a deployment, but I generally just smoke to enjoy it. I figure live life to the fullest, because you never know. I save certain things for appropriate occasions like the Johnny-O Culebra I plan on bringing to whatever the next herf I attend is.
[Reply]
pgagnon 08:49 PM 10-15-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
If Amy tells me our first is on the way I'm reaching into the toolbox instead of the humidor and hitting myself hard in the goobers with a mallet.

Any other special occasion? Padron 45th or 64 Anny, or any stick I've deemed to be 'rare' or 'special'. This usually involves sticks given to me by people that are either CC or one that I only have one of.
i wonder what Amy's gonna reach for... :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 08:57 PM 10-15-2009
I've got a 97 Monte A that I've just been sitting on since 97. It's been through 4 humidor upgrades and was supposed to be for my wedding, but I was a bit too tipsy to smoke it. Also I have a 100 year old cigar in the box, but I'm keeping expectations low on that one.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:48 PM 10-15-2009
Tatuaje Black
Opus X Double Corona
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 04:04 PM 11-16-2009
a little bump never hurt
[Reply]
Old Sailor 04:09 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
If Amy tells me our first is on the way I'm reaching into the toolbox instead of the humidor and hitting myself hard in the goobers with a mallet.

Any other special occasion? Padron 45th or 64 Anny, or any stick I've deemed to be 'rare' or 'special'. This usually involves sticks given to me by people that are either CC or one that I only have one of.
visegrips work better:-)
[Reply]
DBall 04:23 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
visegrips work better:-)
Dave speaks from experience. :-)
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 09:16 AM 01-30-2010
Boli Gold Medal! Box is unopened and ready for bucket list accomplishments.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:18 AM 01-30-2010
One of my GOF piramides from 2006.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:19 AM 01-30-2010
I'd probably have to say an opus x perfecxion. Those are
some really great smokes!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:31 AM 01-30-2010
I have a cabinetta that I was VERY generously given by someone here. I was going to smoke it a year ago to celebrate something that never happened and now never will. I have another occasion that will happen in the next year that I will probably celebrate with the cabinetta. If not then, in the next two years we plan on starting our family God willing and that will be as special an occasion as I'll ever have.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:36 AM 01-30-2010
I have an 80's Dunhill Mojito. I am saving it for 3/27/10 when I am initiated into the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (aka The Shriners). This is an organization I have wanted to be part of since I was a teenager. My Great Grandpa was a Shriner and the epitome of a Philanthropist.

Thank you for the contest.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:56 AM 01-30-2010
I have a Tat Frank that I have been sitting on waiting for a special occasion or special event but have not have anything to special pop up the last year so it may go when the weather breaks just because I am tired of looking at it and drooling over it. I do have a LFD Culebra also waiting for when we have our first child. Figured I would nreak it up with a couple buddies and burn it PPP style.:-)
[Reply]
Goldie 11:09 AM 01-30-2010
I have never had the chance to smoke a BBMF, so in the event of a promotion and the idea of having off spring, they would warrant such a cigar.

If I want to be more realistic, I think any Padron Anni. or an Opus would be great.
[Reply]
issues 11:13 AM 01-30-2010
I have a couple of Ashton Heritage Churchills I've been holding onto for about 4 years waiting for Tampa to win another championship (in any sport).

I have a Stradivarius Robusto Major a friend gave me to smoke on my birthday as well...

The oldest cigar currently in my humidor is a RP Vintage '92. I'm not even sure when I received it but I've had it since my first humidor so it has been at least 5 years (I think).
[Reply]
stearns 11:28 AM 01-30-2010
brought all my fun stuff with me to spain for this semester. second night here (first night i moved into my apartment) lit up a '90 upmann corona, but i have a few other fun sticks hiding here and there. when i get back im gonna havta start building up something for the next special occasion. acquiring is half the fun of smoking :-)

stearns
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:30 AM 01-30-2010
I have an 05 RA Eminencia I'm saving for graduation from pharmacy school

I also have a PSD3 I'm saving for another occasion, but I don't know what yet
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:03 PM 01-30-2010
For special occasions I usually grab something I know tastes good and leave the untried sticks to other occasions. For the birth of my last grandson I fired up a party short cause that was the taste I was looking for.:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up