Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>It's a Special Occasion
Giant & 49er Fan 09:49 AM 10-01-2009
You just got a big promotion at work...
When the wife tells you your first is on the way...

...You reach in the humidor and pull out that special smoke. Maybe you don't have it yet but know that the day Johnny graduates from college you have that particular cigar in mind. What is your go to? What cigar stands above the rest to be saved for that Special Occasion. Not a cigar for any NORMAL day ending in "Y".

Share your Special Occasion cigar choice. Or, share one that has already been enjoyed for the reason of celebration or success. It's a Special Occasion! What cigar will you smoke?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:00 AM 10-01-2009
I promised myself to light the Tat RC233 that I have had in my humi for quite some time as soon as I reach the weight (160 kilo) that my doctor said that I should reach before he would preform the gastric bypass surgery. And I bet ya, it will be before the end of october. Then I will think of the cigar I will smoke once I get to the 150 kilo target.
[Reply]
kenstogie 10:03 AM 10-01-2009
I have so many singles that it's hard to chose but it's great to have a collection to chose from!
[Reply]
Powers 10:08 AM 10-01-2009
how about when the Gators when a national title? :-)

i'll reach for a Tat black
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 AM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
how about when the Gators when a national title? :-)

i'll reach for a Tat black
I'll see that and raise you a Party 898...Go Gators!
[Reply]
ZYA_LTR 10:10 AM 10-01-2009
I have a Padron 80th set aside for such a special occasion, like my wife and i buying our first house together. we are just now moved in with our 1 year old, so i have decided that the 80th will be the first smoke i have at the new house, trying to weasel into having a housewarming herf, but the wifey isn't as open to it as i am, ecspecially with baby, but i have a big garage, and a heater to sit around.
[Reply]
Slavac 10:11 AM 10-01-2009
If Amy tells me our first is on the way I'm reaching into the toolbox instead of the humidor and hitting myself hard in the goobers with a mallet.

Any other special occasion? Padron 45th or 64 Anny, or any stick I've deemed to be 'rare' or 'special'. This usually involves sticks given to me by people that are either CC or one that I only have one of.
[Reply]
TripleF 10:15 AM 10-01-2009
EPIC HERF 2

I'll be handin' 'em out there!! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:16 AM 10-01-2009
Waking up is a special occasion for me :-)
I relish everything in my humidor,not that they are that special,I just love my cigars.

But to specifically answer your query,I would probably grab as big a cigar as I have on hand.
[Reply]
TripleF 10:17 AM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I relish everything in my humidor,not that they are that special,I just love my cigars.

But to specifically answer your query,I would probably grab as big a cigar as I have on hand.
Ya know Dave, I agree with you 110%!! :-)
[Reply]
acarr 10:35 AM 10-01-2009
I don't really save any cigars for special occasions, just pick out whatever sounds good.
[Reply]
poriggity 10:37 AM 10-01-2009
For me, I would probably try and track down a Padron 45th. I ordered the CRA 10 cigar sampler, so that I would have a celebratory smoke for passing each IT certification test I will be taking. There are 10 total tests to take before I am fully certified, and 10 cigars to smoke. Coincidence? I think not!
Scott
[Reply]
Powers 10:41 AM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
EPIC HERF 2

I'll be handin' 'em out there!! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
yachties23 10:43 AM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

Great outlook from a great BOTL, but I can't agree I have a few cigars pit away for certain special occasions. I have 2 05 sig6s waiting for my brother and me for his bachelor party next summer
[Reply]
pmwz 11:03 AM 10-01-2009
cohiba lancero - always wanted to try one but its out of my price range
trinidad fundadores- "
bolivar belicoso finos - had one or two and really liked it
monte 2 new years eve/if the chiefs make the playoffs (got me into cigars + smoked it on new years eve 2006 after the chiefs clinched the wildcard spot)
por larranaga lonsdale RE - pl is one of my favorite marcas, had 3-5 of them, liked them and hope that my b+m has them until i can effort a box or half a box.
[Reply]
dunng 11:07 AM 10-01-2009
Opus X A's from 2005 when my 3 year old graduates from high school, college, and then gets married... :-)
[Reply]
Starchild 11:15 AM 10-01-2009
I've got some Monte Especial #1's from my daughters birth month and year that I enjoy on her birthday.

The other one that stands out is an '07 Boli RE double corona that I was planning to enjoy at Epic Herf 2 :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:24 AM 10-01-2009
I have a Dunhill Mojito I have been meaning to smoke for a special occasion but have not done it.
[Reply]
ade06 11:39 AM 10-01-2009
I have a box of monti #1s which I plan on smoking one on each of my son's birthdays.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:41 AM 10-01-2009
I have a drawer in my humi that I keep my "special" sticks in...waiting to smoke an 80s Davidoff. Is the most "special" in my collection.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up