Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Sports>Favre to Stay Retired
macpappy 10:07 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
I think with time the riff between Favre and the Packers (or Ted Thompson more specifically) will heal. I know he was talking about helping out with the HS team back home coaching, but don't know that he would return to the NFL to coach
There's been more than a few NFL players who have retired and then worked themselves into head coaching jobs in the NFL. And that's not mentioning all the former NFL players who are coaching everywhere from high school up.

It's a shame that Archie Manning didn't go into coaching. Look how well his sons turned out.
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 09:39 AM 08-18-2009
Well, never mind about the whole being retired thing... Sounds like he is coming back. Again......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:56 AM 08-18-2009
He is so selfish. He didn't want to participate in training camp.

I am so tired of his BS :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:58 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:

:-) The saga continues.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:03 AM 08-18-2009

:-)

Figgin ridiculous. I'm sorry he went off and did this crazy crap. Some people in GB feel a little responsible for letting "our boy" out run a muck.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:04 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:

Figgin ridiculous. I'm sorry he went off and did this crazy crap. Some people in GB feel a little responsible for letting "our boy" out run a muck.
good going :-)

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:13 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
good going :-)

[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:18 AM 08-18-2009
it would be great if thompson joined favre in MN
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:21 AM 08-18-2009
it would be great if thompson joined favre in MN
Yeah! both of them can shove it for all I care.

ridiculous. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 10:22 AM 08-18-2009
C'mon back Favre!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:24 AM 08-18-2009
Yeah! both of them can shove it for all I care.

ridiculous. :-)
and take mccarthy to be the new qb coach :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:26 AM 08-18-2009
and take mccarthy to be the new qb coach :-)
LOL :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:27 AM 08-18-2009

:-) So true!!
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:27 AM 08-18-2009
Can't begrudge a guy who still wants to play and may have the ability, but his handling of the last few years will-he or won't-he sure won't win him many friends.

But I will be watching him just like last year when he was with the Jets, cause you never know what the he11 he'll do. He is fun to watch.

...and he'll always be a Packer, either way.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:33 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Can't begrudge a guy who still wants to play and may have the ability, but his handling of the last few years will-he or won't-he sure won't win him many friends.

But I will be watching him just like last year when he was with the Jets, cause you never know what the he11 he'll do. He is fun to watch.

...and he'll always be a Packer, either way.
I'm his friend til the end :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 10:36 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
C'mon back Favre!!!! :-)
C'mon back to where? I can assure you the Jet's don't want him... :-)

I was pissed off when I heard they let Pennington go for Favre. That was a horrendous decision, and I hope that's what got Mangini fired (along with his pansy ass play calling.)

As for Favre any team would be signing their season away by letting him on the team. He causes way to much hate and discontent. He doesn't have the ability to become a leader on the team anymore because other players view him as a prima donna. Any leader will tell you that you lead from the front. He wants to feel above everyone else and that loses him the respect he needs to be a successful QB on any team...

{whispers} and for the record, he's never been that great of a QB anyways. The guy holds the record for interceptions and has been known to be a choke artist. {/whispers}
[Reply]
Ken 10:36 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
his handling of the last few years will-he or won't-he sure won't win him many friends.
I hope he plays if he knows he is mentally and physically able. Though I don't put all this blame on him. The last two years he has jerked around quite a bit, though the media started this crap 8 years ago. Hell, after they won the Super Bowl they started to ask him if he'll retire since there wasn't anything else to play for. Many people tried to make that arguement that Elway retired, so you should go ahead and retire while on top.

Had I been in charge of GB last year I would have done the same thing and let Rogers replace Favre. You have to know where your team stands. Luckily for Favre all the QB's in Min suck ass.

I hope he has a great season.
[Reply]
BigCat 11:10 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by BigCat:
He'll sign with the Vikings after training camp...mark my words. He just doesn't want to go through all that work.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:14 AM 08-18-2009
Mr. Favvvray just landed a few minutes ago and will be signing his new contract. Yep, I thought this would happen.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:16 AM 08-18-2009
Just go away, Bret Marino :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up