BlackDog 03:35 PM 07-28-2009
Thank goodness...........

LINK...
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:36 PM 07-28-2009
:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:37 PM 07-28-2009
Yeah, like we ain't heard that before. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 03:46 PM 07-28-2009
I hope this is it. I was about to start shopping for a new team if the AntiChrist came to Minnesota. I was thoroughly disgusted that the Vikings were considering bringing on an aging has-been with a bum shoulder when they should have been grooming Jackson, a promising young talent with the potential to be another Culpepper (pre-Lions, that is :-)).
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:47 PM 07-28-2009
Thank you football gods!! :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:50 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I hope this is it. I was about to start shopping for a new team if the AntiChrist came to Minnesota. I was thoroughly disgusted that the Vikings were considering bringing on an aging has-been with a bum shoulder when they should have been grooming Jackson, a promising young talent with the potential to be another Culpepper (pre-Lions, that is :-)).
I agree that Favre should never have even been considered by the Vikings. I don't see him fitting in with the team at all. But I also don't think that Jackson is the right guy either. I think the Vikings still have a need for a qualified starting quarterback.
[Reply]
TripleF 03:55 PM 07-28-2009
It's gotta be tough knowing what you've always wanted to do since you first wore your oversized plastic football helmet that you can't go out and play anymore.....

I know it's been drama, but I believe he's still got the heart of a young child and is having a heckuva time quitting his dream.

Consider yourself fortunate to have been able to watch one of the best ever!
[Reply]
themoneycollector 03:56 PM 07-28-2009
He's a great talent, but it's a good decision for him. He's a definite HOF'er
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:23 PM 07-28-2009
thank god I couldnt' sleep at night for the suspense.......
[Reply]
Gophernut 04:25 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I agree that Favre should never have even been considered by the Vikings. I don't see him fitting in with the team at all. But I also don't think that Jackson is the right guy either. I think the Vikings still have a need for a qualified starting quarterback.
I for one would have loved to have seen Favre play for the Vikings. If for no other reason than to shut up all of my Packer Loving in-laws.
I also agree that Jackson is not, and probably wont be the answer. Michael Vick anyone?
[Reply]
BigCat 04:28 PM 07-28-2009
He'll sign with the Vikings after training camp...mark my words. He just doesn't want to go through all that work.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:28 PM 07-28-2009
When I was just a sprout, back in the Lombardi days, I was a Packer fan. I hold nothing but a sentimental attachment now, but I would have cringed to see Favre in that dang purple wing'ed helm.
[Reply]
Rockestone 04:31 PM 07-28-2009
Good.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:35 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
I also agree that Jackson is not, and probably wont be the answer. Michael Vick anyone?
After the tour boat fiasco with Culpepper et al. just a few years ago, I think Minnesota should stay away from the whole Vick controversy.
I really think Jackson has a lot of potential if they stick with him instead of swapping QBs every few games. He's quick and has a decent arm. Maybe I'm biased: I did really well with him as my starter in Madden 09. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:57 PM 07-28-2009
Minnesota has a football team?
[Reply]
icehog3 05:17 PM 07-28-2009
Good, hopefully the next time I have to hear his name won't be until his induction to the HOF. :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 05:28 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Maybe I'm biased: I did really well with him as my starter in Madden 09. :-)
:-):-):-) I hope Childress reads this! He'll probably cut Rosenfels!
[Reply]
MNSmoker 05:37 PM 07-28-2009
This is a sad day. I'm a huge Favre pimp and I was hoping he would sign with the Vikes for multiple reasons. Now we have to rely on either a career back-up in Rosenfels, or a mediocre QB at best in T-Jack who folds under pressure. I'm still holding out hope that Favre flip-flops one more time and decides to join the team after training camp. You never know what this guy's going to do next.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:57 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by MNSmoker:
...or a mediocre QB at best in T-Jack who folds under pressure.
I think a lot of that is the coaching staff. How can he learn to deal with those pressure situations if they keep swapping QBs?
Admittedly, Favre was a great player, but the last few seasons he's thrown more picks than TDs. And with the bum shoulder, I doubt he would have been good for an entire season. Then the Vikes would have been forced to go with Jackson or Rosenfels anyway.
[Reply]
macpappy 06:01 PM 07-28-2009
Some team should give Favre a call and say, "Hey Brett! We could use a quarterback coach."

All you Favre haters can say what you want, but I think he has the potential to be a good coach.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up