Starscream 11:48 PM 12-20-2009
We won?:-)

Wow! Go Moore!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:51 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
We won?:-)

Wow! Go Moore!
How did THAT happen! Bet some folks lost their shirt betting on that game... :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:11 PM 12-28-2009
WFNZ, the sports radio station in Charlotte posted this on FB:

After two straight convincing wins, Panthers coach John Fox is off the hot seat for now.

Tom Sorensen of the Charlotte Observer reports that Fox, G.M. Marty Hurney, and Fox's entire coaching staff will be "offered the opportunity" to return to the Panthers in 2010. Fox will not be offered a contract extension.

Fox is reportedly due $6 million in 2010, the final year of his current deal. Sorensen writes that a potential lockout after the 2010 season could be a factor in the decision to keep Fox.

The 7-8 Panthers face many big offseason questions, like at quarterback and what do do with Julius Peppers. (The most likely Peppers solution: waving goodbye.)

Left unsaid is whether Fox will definitely take the "opportunity" to return as a lame duck coach. With so much money due and no freedom to entertain job offers, we have to assume he will be back.

:-) I love it! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:10 PM 12-28-2009
Of course he's gonna take it, and with that goes Matt Moore's chances of starting next year.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:13 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
WFNZ, the sports radio station in Charlotte posted this on FB:

After two straight convincing wins, Panthers coach John Fox is off the hot seat for now.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-2010-season/

Fox now isn't sure that he's gonna stick with us next year. Please go, please go!
[Reply]
D_A 08:07 AM 03-05-2010
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-panthers.html
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:09 AM 03-05-2010
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:13 AM 03-05-2010
I am ecstatic right now!
[Reply]
macpappy 08:17 AM 03-05-2010
He was a good quarterback in his day but his day ended a couple of years ago. Might still get a job as a veteran backup.
[Reply]
D_A 08:23 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
He was a good quarterback in his day but his day ended a couple of years ago. Might still get a job as a veteran backup.
I'm actually a little surprised considering his contract that the panthers didn't keep him on as a backup. I think they still have to pay him $13 million. Probably safer to just cut him though, so Fox isn't tempted to start him.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:53 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by D_A:
I'm actually a little surprised considering his contract that the panthers didn't keep him on as a backup. I think they still have to pay him $13 million. Probably safer to just cut him though, so Fox isn't tempted to start him.
Fox's temptation to start him is probably why he got cut. He could've been a decent backup to Moore (or Vick? {hope not}), but Fox would have probably started him out of loyalty.
[Reply]
BryanB 03:36 PM 03-05-2010
Well I'm sad that Peppers signed w/ Bears. :-)

But Jake's gone. :-)

Hopefully Mr. Moore will flurish.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:48 PM 03-11-2010
JR has been cleaning house as of late. Looks like we're going to have a much younger team this year.
[Reply]
D_A 11:39 AM 09-21-2010
Well, Matt didn't last long. Let's see what Clausen can do.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:50 PM 09-21-2010
Not sure what I think about this. Matt did so well last year, but I guess other teams have tape on him to study. Clausen is gonna be our guy eventually, so I guess better now than never. It's still gonna be a very very LONG season.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:52 PM 12-19-2010
Glad to see us get win number 2 today! It was my middle child's first NFL game. He's hooked now!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up