Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>Why Coach Fox?
Starscream 05:42 PM 09-13-2009
Why is Jake still playing? He freaking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:02 PM 09-13-2009
Because they have like $21 million rolled up in him...LOL!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:16 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Because they have like $21 million rolled up in him...LOL!!!
Sounds like $21 million we could spend elsewhere.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:26 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I agree!! What were they thinking giving him a contract extension?? Like the six interceptions in the playoffs wasn't enough. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:29 PM 09-13-2009
Take that and the money they paid out for Peppers and the Panturds could have about 5-6 pretty decent players. :-) I can't wait to hear the excuses some of the local radio hosts will use tomorrow. Most of them knows he is just a really good back-up but some sniff his jock way too much. Oh, and you know he does the Bojangles commercials here in NC. Our local herf crew has started to call him Mr. Blowjangles. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:34 PM 09-13-2009
Why is Jake still playing? He freaking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, don't they still have Chris Weinke? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:08 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Take that and the money they paid out for Peppers and the Panturds could have about 5-6 pretty decent players. :-) I can't wait to hear the excuses some of the local radio hosts will use tomorrow. Most of them knows he is just a really good back-up but some sniff his jock way too much. Oh, and you know he does the Bojangles commercials here in NC. Our local herf crew has started to call him Mr. Blowjangles. :-)
I'm gonna have to start calling him that as well, Greg. :-)
MR. Blowjangles!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:08 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I agree, don't they still have Chris Weinke? :-)
I'd take Dusty Baker over Jake right about now.:-)
[Reply]
yachties23 07:13 PM 09-13-2009
Sadly your options are limited at QB, after this weekend a call to Jeff Garcia might be a good idea.
[Reply]
BryanB 03:25 PM 09-14-2009
Jake is a record setter. He's going for Favre's INT record in 5 games. He's almost there. :-) He really stinks it up. I think espn just said Jay Feely could be making his way down. Can't get any worse.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:58 PM 09-14-2009
I'm no giant fan - more a Giants fan these days really - but don't you think you could wait until week 2 or 3 before you form a lynch mob for a march on Charlotte? Just my :-).
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:24 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by BryanB:
Jake is a record setter. He's going for Favre's INT record in 5 games. He's almost there. :-) He really stinks it up. I think espn just said Jay Feely could be making his way down. Can't get any worse.
He threw 5 against Arizona in the playoffs last year. Mr. Blowjangles has thrown 9 interceptions and has 2 fumbles in the last two games he's played.

Originally Posted by The Poet:
I'm no giant fan - more a Giants fan these days really - but don't you think you could wait until week 2 or 3 before you form a lynch mob for a march on Charlotte?
People in the Charlotte market have been calling for his removal for several years now.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 04:28 PM 09-14-2009
They just signed A.J Feely so maybe Jake will take a seat after a few weeks. He has been pretty bad since he had Tommy John surgery.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:37 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by BeachCougar:
They just signed A.J Feely so maybe Jake will take a seat after a few weeks. He has been pretty bad since he had Tommy John surgery.
Dude, he's been bad for years. He really is nothing but a really good back-up, imo. People in Charlotte have been upset that the Panturds havn't had any competition waiting behind him so he feels the pressure to get better. I guess now, he does. Although AJ isn't what I would consider a great QB, he is a better back-up than they have had in a looooong time.

Like when Mr. Blowjangles was a back-up for Rodney Peete. :-)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Carolina Panthers have to come to terms with veteran quarterback A.J. Feeley and have placed backup Josh McCown on injured reserve.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...t-McCown-on-IR
[Reply]
Starscream 05:04 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I'm no giant fan - more a Giants fan these days really - but don't you think you could wait until week 2 or 3 before you form a lynch mob for a march on Charlotte? Just my :-).
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
People in the Charlotte market have been calling for his removal for several years now.
:-) I'm not mad about just one game.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:16 PM 09-15-2009
Haven't they made the playoffs several times? Haven't they made it to the Superbowl once? Haven't you got an NFL team and a great new stadium - two things other cities (such as LA) do not? Heck, do you really expect the Queen City to become Titletown USA? I merely think you should calm down a bit and count your blessings. Again, just my :-) - yet, as I was born and raised right up 16 from Charlotte, I think I may hold an opinion.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:39 PM 09-20-2009
Jake looked better this week even though we still lost.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:30 PM 09-21-2009
Did not see the game - network had Jets/Patsies - but from the updates it seemed the D let them down more than anything else.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:11 PM 09-28-2009
According to The New York Times (Sports Monday, pg. D3, Column 1, 'way below fold), the first 5,000 fans in attendance at tonight's Panthers/Cowboys game get a free interception.

Hey, don't yell at me - I just report the news. :-)
[Reply]
BryanB 03:24 PM 09-28-2009
I'm a Panthers fan but that is great. Between Romo and Jake alot of defensive players gonna finally get some recieving practice. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up