Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Do you miss this guy?
moosie 10:31 PM 02-09-2009
Yes I really do. Went to the library in Simi Valley with my son. We still talk about how much we enjoyed the experience. It's a must if you get the chance.
[Reply]
Cigary 10:40 PM 02-09-2009
A very principaled President and one I miss very much. You didn't have to believe in everything he did but you knew who you were dealing with from one day to the next. Polls were not his mandate,,he had a higher authority that he tried to please. We shall not see his kind for a very long time.
[Reply]
The Professor 04:50 AM 02-10-2009
Nope. I really don't miss him. He *was* principled ... just principles with which I disagree (e.g., his silence on AIDS).
[Reply]
tobii3 08:54 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
We shall not see his kind for a very long time.
Sad but true....so very true
[Reply]
Tombstone 09:07 AM 02-10-2009
Our nation needs a leader like him in this current time. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:13 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Let's be careful this thread doesn't turn political. If it does, it will be closed.
Bump.
[Reply]
uptown_isy 09:14 AM 02-10-2009
Yes I do.

Attached:
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:16 AM 02-10-2009
At the time wasn't a fan. Now I have a lot more respect.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:37 AM 02-10-2009
Best president in my lifetime without a doubt and probably in the top 5.

On another note: why the multiple threats to close the thread. The Professor merely answered the question though she did not care for him. However, she respectfully said so. No "drama", no name calling, no discord whatsoever.

T
[Reply]
pnoon 11:39 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:

On another note: why the multiple threats to close the thread. The Professor merely answered the question though she did not care for him. However, she respectfully said so. No "drama", no name calling, no discord whatsoever.

T
T

No threats were made - just reminders.

The CA rules state explicitly
Originally Posted by :
No threads that are political or religious in nature will be allowed.
This thread is a perfect example of the fine line the Team of 11 walk. Close it right away and we appear heavy handed. Allow it to stand and some feel we ignore our own rules. Most of the time, rules are subject to interpretation and we do our best to act in the best interests of our community. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone all the time.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:50 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
T

No threats were made - just reminders.

The CA rules state explicitly

This thread is a perfect example of the fine line the Team of 11 walk. Close it right away and we appear heavy handed. Allow it to stand and some feel we ignore our own rules. Most of the time, rules are subject to interpretation and we do our best to act in the best interests of our community. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone all the time.

Sounds fair enough...No political/religious threads whatsoever. I do understand the reasoning as I have seen things go rapidly south and threats of physical harm exchanged...sad. You guys do good work.

T
[Reply]
pnoon 11:52 AM 02-10-2009
Sounds fair enough...No political/religious threads whatsoever. I do understand the reasoning as I have seen things go rapidly south and threats of physical harm exchanged...sad. You guys do good work.

T
Thanks for the kind words.

Some felt this thread began political in nature. Some felt it was just to acknowledge a former POTUS. A fine line here for sure.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 11:56 AM 02-10-2009
I think his closeness to our former Gorilla theme adds a dimension to the special place he represents in my memory. :-)

He stood up for what he believed. You can't ask for more from a man or president. By action or coincidence of timing he was at the helm during some world changing events that will be forever tied to his memory.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:00 PM 02-10-2009
Those are all good quotes. How did we get where we are today? I know which side I am on.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 12:01 PM 02-10-2009
Ronaldus Magnus...the greatest president of our lifetime.
[Reply]
The Professor 02:15 PM 02-10-2009
Best president in my lifetime without a doubt and probably in the top 5.

T
While more of a woman than zemekone will ever be (*despite* the lingerie) ... I'm a dude, dude. :-) :-)

(PS, my discord is on the inside.)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:18 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I think his closeness to our former Gorilla theme adds a dimension to the special place he represents in my memory. :-)

He stood up for what he believed. You can't ask for more from a man or president. By action or coincidence of timing he was at the helm during some world changing events that will be forever tied to his memory.
I tie that memory up every day. :-)

[Reply]
hotreds 02:35 PM 02-10-2009
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:43 PM 02-10-2009
I hated him at the beginning of his presidency but by the end I thought he was history making type good. Clinton was exactly the opposite for me. I hope there is another Reagan in our future.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:39 PM 02-10-2009
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up