Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Your Favorite thing about cigar smoking
Heavy_d 06:08 PM 08-20-2014
For me the best thing about the hobby is the people I've met. Even though I've not met in person any of the people I talk to on the boards or on Instagram, I've had some great conversations and developed some friendships with some of them that I would've otherwise never spoke to.

After that it's the relaxation. Whenever I get a chance to go to the porch or the patio with a cigar, that's me time. I know I can usually spend an hour or two either with the wife or by myself and just get away from the cares of the day. All my worries just seem to float away in a cloud of smoke.
[Reply]
pattersong 07:38 PM 08-20-2014
I really enjoy the story behind the particular cigar I smoke. The cigar we hold is really a symbol of a success, following decades of hardship and struggle for a family. We share in that success when we light a cigar, and so it should be appreciated accordingly.

For me, that means being in the right frame of mind with no interruptions and not in a rush.
[Reply]
stevef2005 07:41 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by Heavy_d:

After that t's the relaxation. Whenever I get a chance to go to the porch or the patio with a cigar, that's me time. I know I can usually spend an hour or two either with the wife or by myself and just get away from the cares of the day. All my worries just seem to float away in a cloud of smoke.
Could not say it better myself. Its my "me" time.
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:03 PM 08-20-2014
The people. No ifs ands or buts.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:57 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
The smug elitists. No ifs ands or buts.
:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:21 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The fine line between pleasure and pain, Adam. :-)
One of us was going to be hurting at the end of that night, thank God it was you and not me. :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:57 PM 08-22-2014
Smoking a cigar reminds me that life is good no matter how bad things get. When life is great a cigar is a celebration. When it's not great a cigar grounds me and makes me count my blessings. After all, how bad can life be if I still can enjoy a cigar.:-)
[Reply]
Byaah 06:01 PM 08-22-2014
Having PTSD the thing I love about Cigars is the release. It's something that when I do it, anyone around knows that it's time for me. It gives me something to "hide" behind and just relax. I would say the people (my brothers and sisters that smoke) come in next, a very close 2nd. The community is great.

The aroma and taste is a huge plus too, the aftertaste that lingers for hours is just great. It's like a quick memory and you get reminded of the fun you just had a few hours ago every time you taste it again.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:50 PM 08-22-2014
I like cigars for "me time"; a good smoke, a good book, and a good glass of whiskey and I'm happy as the richest man on earth.
I like cigars for the social aspect; having a few smokes with family and friends, shooting the breeze, enjoying the camaraderie.
I like cigars for the taste.
I like cigars for the smell.
I like cigars...
[Reply]
Dude Here 06:58 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I like cigars for "me time"; a good smoke, a good book, and a good glass of whiskey and I'm happy as the richest man on earth.
I like cigars for the social aspect; having a few smokes with family and friends, shooting the breeze, enjoying the camaraderie.
I like cigars for the taste.
I like cigars for the smell.
I like cigars...
Everything that James said. I especially enjoy the "me" time aspect. It's nice to just get away from everything for an hour or so and relax.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:10 AM 08-23-2014
Smoking cigars.
[Reply]
shilala 08:36 AM 08-23-2014
The people, and being able to sit still for a couple hours.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 11:49 AM 08-24-2014
The taste of a good cigar. I don't enjoy being around other smokers because cigar smoke stinks like hell. While I enjoy a cigar I don't want to breath in other's second hand smoke because like I said it stinks. In December it will be one year since I started smoking again after 27 years. I going to give it up then after I finish this current shipment. I've got maybe 15 858 maduros left and I'm done.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:32 PM 08-24-2014
I guess I'm having such a good time smoking with my friends every Thursday I don't notice.
[Reply]
pnoon 04:59 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I guess I'm having such a good time smoking with my friends every Thursday I don't notice.
You're doing it wrong.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:34 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
You're doing it wrong.
So I've heard. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up