Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Your Favorite thing about cigar smoking
Flaherty582 12:07 PM 08-19-2014
What is your favorite thing about smoking a premium cigar? Is it the fellow smokers company? The aromas? Flavor Profiles? How about all of the above? what gives you the drive to keep up with this hobby?
[Reply]
stearns 12:09 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Flaherty582:
What is your favorite thing about smoking a premium cigar? Is it the fellow smokers company? The aromas? Flavor Profiles? How about all of the above? what gives you the drive to keep up with this hobby?
Nailed it :-)
[Reply]
357 12:17 PM 08-19-2014
I agree with Ben
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 12:51 PM 08-19-2014
The people by far.....I'd smoke the crap I started with in 97 again if it was what I had to do to continue hanging with my Brothers and Sisters of the leaf.
[Reply]
nutcracker 01:30 PM 08-19-2014
Taking a time out with no one can bother me with work
[Reply]
Stevez 01:46 PM 08-19-2014
I love to smoke with others who can appreciate a really good cigar and the enjoyment from the activity, but it is so rare for me to get that opportunity. If I waited for that, I'd never get to enjoy them. I really like the taste of a good cigar and sitting on my deck and relaxing. I also love walking into a cigar store with the smells and visual stimulations; just awesome.
[Reply]
CigarEnvy 02:07 PM 08-19-2014
It's an escape for me as I've been smoking cigars for decades. I love the ritual and the way it let's me relax and engage in conversation with friends or those I've just met. What other item do you know about that will let you talk with a stranger for hours about a lot of things under the sun as opposed to just having a casual conversation w/o a cigar? Cigars just seem to put peoples inhibitions at rest and let them be themselves and there isn't a pill on the market that will let you do that unless you are taking xanax and you won't remember shyte an hour later.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:25 PM 08-19-2014
]Image

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:53 PM 08-19-2014
You have to excuse Tom he's not so smooth with the words :-) , that being said, the friendships i have made, the S.H.I.T. I take and the S.H.I.T. I give. I have made so many friends because we share the same hobby and enjoyment, I've watched the Red Sox move on past the Tigers in the playoffs, on their way to winning the World Series, with a great guy that if it were not for cigars we never would have met in the figurative or literal sense of the word. My first and so far only trip to Vegas was with friends, again met through enjoying the same hobby and passion.

Thursday used to just be the day before Friday, now it's my favorite day of the week and I look forward to it starting Friday morning.
[Reply]
jsm11 05:03 PM 08-19-2014
yes....

Plus the buzz:-)
[Reply]
equetefue 05:05 PM 08-19-2014
The brothers and memories you create while enjoying the cigar
[Reply]
hotreds 05:13 PM 08-19-2014
I was gonna be a wise ass and say "cigar smoking," but that doesn't cover it! Indeed, the camaraderie of BOTLs and SOTLs is my favorite thing about lighting up stogies!
[Reply]
longknocker 05:13 PM 08-19-2014
"Everything"!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:18 PM 08-19-2014
Thursdays. :-)

Among many other things.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:34 PM 08-19-2014
I've had some wonderful cigars, some amazing cigars actually. But what makes them that much better, is the company that I am surrounded by. I've had the privileged to meet some of the most wonderful people through smoking cigars, people that I consider my brothers.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:43 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I've watched the Red Sox move on past the Tigers in the playoffs, on their way to winning the World Series, with a great guy that if it were not for cigars we never would have met in the figurative or literal sense of the word.
The fine line between pleasure and pain, Adam. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:52 PM 08-19-2014
A cigar means that is time to relax. Relax away from people I don't want to be around (co-workers) when I am trying to relax. Relax with people I do want to be around (my fellow cigar enthusiasts, my family). Relax at a herf or cigar event Relax with a good book or a good drink or all of the above.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:17 PM 08-19-2014
YES :-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:01 PM 08-19-2014
Among other things, I enjoy feeling like I'm keeping a time-honored tradition alive.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 04:00 PM 08-20-2014
The social experience, the time for personal reflection and pondering, the way it dances so beautifully with my art...and then theres the flavors/aromas, etc :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up