Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Christmas gifts for the wife
Dave128 02:10 PM 12-12-2013
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming! :-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 02:23 PM 12-12-2013
I'm horrible at gift buying as well. I would be just fine giving her some money or a gift card to a few stores and calling it good. But noooooooo, she wants thought put into her gifts, ugh.

Fortunately, my wife posts on a parenting board fairly regularly and the ladies had a thread going about what they wanted for Christmas. I've gotten her a new pair of Oakleys that she's been wanting and will get her some clothes as well. Maybe something to hang her jewelry on too.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:38 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming! :-)
Have her give you a foot rub? :-)
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 02:54 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Have her give you a foot rub? :-)
LOL
[Reply]
SD Beerman 02:59 PM 12-12-2013
New boobs, the other women will oohh and aahh.....
[Reply]
Catfish 03:16 PM 12-12-2013
I learned a long time ago and have kept it at the front of my brain when considering Ho-Ho Day gift ideas for my wife: No kitchen appliances and NEVER house cleaning equipment.

It doesn't matter how good of a deal you found on that normally $800 Dyson vacuum. Mama wakes up to a vacuum under the tree with her name and a bow on it, My a$$ would be gator food.

Of course, there is always an exception to every rule. I imagine there are some foodie or culinary industry wives out there that would love a new knife / knife set or a bad-a$$ stand-up mixer.
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:04 PM 12-12-2013
I let my wife shop for her own gifts to put under the which means clothes and shoes. That leaves me to pick up one or two gifts to surprise her with. I will look into perfume, jewelry, music and other things I know she wants but won't buy. The hints come all year long, but it getting harder to remember them when needed. :-)
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:53 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by DirtRider500R:
Nothing says "I love you" quite like a brand new Benelli Supernova :-)
Nice! My wife shoots a Beretta Urika 391 youth, loves it.

This year she completed a project in that she built her own bicycle, so I hooked her up with a lot of road biking gear and a trainer.
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 08:20 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
This year she completed a project in that she built her own bicycle, so I hooked her up with a lot of road biking gear and a trainer.
Sweet!!! What bike?
[Reply]
Dave128 01:50 PM 12-13-2013
Scrub brush. knee pads, pots/pans and a vacuum are all out. She cut my nuts off for sure.

She already bought herself a new bottle of her favorite perfume, so that's out.
I may have to go with a picture of some sort and a spa gift certificate.
I was also thinking a weekend in NYC to dinner and a show.
Jewelry is always a decent back-up plan.

Don't stop.....keep the suggestions flowing!
[Reply]
czerbe 02:01 PM 12-13-2013
I vote you get her a Plane... and a Donkey.... and maybe one of those little tiny Thimbles... I got nothing sorry I suck at gifts. :-)
[Reply]
dijit 02:07 PM 12-13-2013
I used to spend hours shopping and then started getting her gift cards so she could pick her own present. Last year the wife said was the best present I ever got her. I took her shopping on the 23rd. No I didnt set in the pub while she shopped. She got my opinion on her purchases and said we had some great talk time. Either way she was happy and that was what it was all about.
[Reply]
Taki 02:22 PM 12-13-2013
Well my idea for my wife (because I am broke this year) was to find a picture of my wife and daughter and sketch it out in black and white / charcoal and get it framed for her as sort of a unique gift. All the other years she has gotten jewelry and spa days and all that comes and goes but I figured if I can do this (because I went to art school) it would be something I could have framed and hung somewhere in our house :-)

Problem is, I haven't started it yet and I have no good pictures of her and my daughter that I would really care to draw (I am picky as $hit)

anyway...its different and unique and something I can say I did
[Reply]
RWhisenand 03:01 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by DirtRider500R:
Sweet!!! What bike?
For her birthday I got her a used Orbea Orca frame and fork set. She picked out a Campagnolo Chorus component set and we built it from there. This fall she had the rod and some screws taken out of her leg from an old MX accident, so this was kind of her recovery project. She got to ride it once, the next day it snowed twelve inches! Oh well it's what we expected.
[Reply]
dijit 03:26 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
For her birthday I got her a used Orbea Orca frame and fork set. She picked out a Campagnolo Chorus component set and we built it from there. This fall she had the rod and some screws taken out of her leg from an old MX accident, so this was kind of her recovery project. She got to ride it once, the next day it snowed twelve inches! Oh well it's what we expected.
That is an awesome set up especially if it is the more recent frame geometry.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 04:53 PM 12-13-2013
Thanks for the ideas gents
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:04 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by dijit:
Thanks! I'm not sure what year the frame is, but it is only a few years old. She is new to road biking and wanted to build up her first "real" road bike.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:34 PM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by dijit:
Yup, good stuff. Campy Chorus is a great grouppo. Orca is a solid nice frame.
[Reply]
MUNKY 08:33 PM 12-18-2013
Day spa, Victoria secret, d batteries lmao!
[Reply]
Dave128 08:46 PM 12-18-2013
The Hitachi plugs in.....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up