Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Christmas gifts for the wife
Dave128 09:15 AM 12-12-2013
I'm at a loss this year as to what to get my wife for Christmas. I've done the jewelry route just about every year and I don't/won't buy her clothes. I'm looking for something unique that will really be useful to her and make her smile.

I was wondering what your current ideas are or what you've given her in the past that she has really enjoyed. Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:18 AM 12-12-2013
A day at the spa, just as good as jewelry
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:24 AM 12-12-2013
Watching this thread myself, I am the worst gift planner ever...
[Reply]
Zane 09:36 AM 12-12-2013
I grabbed the starbucks mug that gets you a free espresso drink once a day for the month of January, a gift card to her favorite spa, some aroma therapy stuff from Bath and body works and a bag of chocolate covered espresso beans. Oh and a few special ornaments for next year.

I think I am doing well this year.

Also, this is what I am planning on getting her for valentines day/birthday with some other stuff.

http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/b...=productsearch
[Reply]
jledou 09:39 AM 12-12-2013
I will typically pick up jewelery or a spa gift certificate (so she can chose what package she wants). I have also grabbed her a new case or two for her phone in the past.

This year I believe I am going with more jewelery and trying to find her a wall mounted - swinging arm, makeup mirror for the bathroom. I have already gotten her a new Chiefs jersey to wear to the football game we went to a couple of weeks ago.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:41 AM 12-12-2013
One year I went with a professional makeup kit, no not the Krusty The Klown one, it was by MAC, I just went and told the girl at the counter to fill one up. (it's good to grab some of her makeup so you know basic colors and complexion stuff), wife wasn't HUGE into makeup but it was a great gift because it was something different, not something a guy would usually spend the time to get so it was really a great gift (her words).
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:56 AM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Ogre:
A spa day is always a winner, particularly when combined with an overnight hotel stay somewhere nice. Works out well for both of you :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 11:17 AM 12-12-2013
How about a scrub brush and knee pads.? :-)

:-)
As suggested, spa days are always good.
Also, if you are so inclined, give her coupons/chits for chores you will do that she normally does - grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, etc.
[Reply]
Catfish 11:22 AM 12-12-2013
Anything from Victoria's Secret. Anytime I buy the wife a bottle of Rapture perfume, she's thrilled to no end.

Bath & Body works has all sorts of good smelling body lotions, potions, soaps, butters, candles, etc. and they always run great deals at Christmas time.

An engraved Christmas ornament.

Godiva chocolates.

Make up index cards with "wishes" on them. A back rub, dinner cooked for her, a date night, breakfast in bed, etc., etc., Mama can turn them in to you when she wants one of those wishes.

Just a few of the things I've done before.
[Reply]
hazydat620 12:15 PM 12-12-2013
Does she like artwork or sculptures, something to hang in the bedroom? New kitchen appliances are always nice, like a mixer or something. nice pair of galoshes, I bought the GF a pair of juicy couture rain boots and absolutely loved them, she got lots of compliments on them. Any time you can give her something that makes the other ladies say ooh and awwh, it usually gets you extra brownie points.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:23 PM 12-12-2013
I think they sound like lame gifts but I think I am getting my wife new non-stick pans and a nice smoothie blender. I know she needs these things and needs are more important this year than wants...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:42 PM 12-12-2013
Botox or medispa treatments are always welcome. High end perfume, nice scarf from Gucci or Hermes. Christian Louboutin shoes.
[Reply]
Zane 01:02 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Botox or medispa treatments are always welcome. High end perfume, nice scarf from Gucci or Hermes. Christian Louboutin shoes.
I think if I suggested botox she would probably stab me in my sleep... maybe thats just me.
[Reply]
bruceolee 01:10 PM 12-12-2013
There's the usual jewelry, perfumes, victoria secrets, and so on. What about technology? A new phone, an iPad? Maybe a beautiful watch? A special book or journal. Technology seems to be a big winner these days from what I can see. How about a cruise or vacation? A jacuzzi? who knows, good luck though
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 01:14 PM 12-12-2013
Nothing says "I love you" quite like a brand new Benelli Supernova :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:15 PM 12-12-2013
One year I let my wife fix me a sandwich.

Hard to believe I am not married any more.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:17 PM 12-12-2013
A vaccuum and a mixer for the kitchen. If she gets bored cleaning, she can go cook.
[Reply]
bruceolee 01:47 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
One year I let my wife fix me a sandwich.

Hard to believe I am not married any more.
You're a hopeless romantic Tom
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:56 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Ogre:
:-) MY wife LOVES this.
[Reply]
Remo 02:00 PM 12-12-2013
$$$$ tell her to buy her own!! I am sure I will join Tom in the ex category, did that once already though, current wife is the bomb!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up