Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Rush Limbuaugh's recommendations
macpappy 11:07 PM 12-13-2008
Arturo Fuente are hard to find? I can give him the name of a couple of B&Ms that are well stocked (sorry, no Opus X)
[Reply]
bobarian 11:17 PM 12-13-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Arturo Fuente are hard to find? I can give him the name of a couple of B&Ms that are well stocked (sorry, no Opus X)
:-):-):-) Even BevMo has Fuente's. Dominican Cohiba???:-) Monte Whites? Give me a break, what a shill. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 01:14 AM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by mojo65:
that sir is a low blow and not remotely funny.
not even a chuckle?
[Reply]
Ratters 01:52 AM 12-14-2008
Fuentes are hard to find. Oh wait, this isn't 1996?
[Reply]
SeanGAR 05:46 AM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
On his show he comes across as the complete opposite of narcissitic. He seems to have a good heart and great understanding of many things.
Rush came in second in a survey to determine the most narcissistic pundit (Savage came in first). Course, with these "entertainers", everything is in the eye of the beholder. He does proudly smoke cigars .... which is a good thing!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:15 AM 12-14-2008
He's an ass... 'nuff said...
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:08 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
He's an ass... 'nuff said...
Only if your viewpoints are wrong.:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:21 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by mojo65:
that sir is a low blow and not remotely funny.
I don't know...I chuckled a little. But then again, I tend to not take things too seriously.:-)
[Reply]
vicvitola 08:22 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
not even a chuckle?
Yes! You beat me to the punch. I was going to say I was surprised "Take two oxycodones and call me in the morning" were not on the list of recommendations:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:42 AM 12-15-2008
This is turning into the thread I posted on CS when Rush was interviewed about cigars. Naturally, cigars were secondary to the remarks in the thread! I personally like what I like, and pay more attention to the reviews here than in Rush's recommendations. Remember that taste is taste- there are some that like Cremosas or they wouldn't be making them anymore!
[Reply]
Mister Moo 11:39 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Rushmo von CigarShill:
►Arturo Fuente. Hard to find, but if you can get them you’ll love ‘em! Medium bodied, great smoking, perfect construction, these are hard to beat.

►Charles the Great. The best-kept secret in premium cigars, these are made in a small factory in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras. Medium bodied, loaded with flavor and exceptionally well made, there isn’t a better cigar for the money anywhere!

►Cohiba. The Dominican version of the popular Cuban brand, these are the cream of the crop – maybe the best quality cigars available in the United States. The Cohiba Black Label has an even fuller, richer taste than the original.

►Excalibur. The super-premium Hoyo de Monterrey brand, these more full-bodied cigars are exceptional in every sense – taste, construction and burn. Hard to beat.

►H. Upmann. The brand has been around forever, but you have to try the new H. UpmannVintage Cameroon. The perfect mid-day smoke to enjoy while listening to me on the radio!

►Lamb’s Club. Another of those smaller brands, this Dominican is made with Cameroon wrapper and Cuban seed Dominican long filler. Keep this one a secret among my readers – if too many people find out about it we’ll never be able to get enough of them!

►Macanudo Cafe. The #1 selling premium cigar brand in the world, these cigars are very mild. Also available in 2 other versions, the richer tasting Macanudo Maduro and the even more full flavored Macanudo Robust.

►Montecristo. One of the most recognized brands in the world, these exquisite cigars are medium bodied and exceptionally well made. To treat yourself to a fantastic smoke, try the hearty Montecristo White.
Gasp! Rush is.... WRONG! Again and again and again... Anyone who lets him do their cigar thinking for them is headed for... whatever. Hearty Monte Whites? Macanudos? Dominican Cohibas "top of the heap?" Can't find Fuentes? Don Pepin doesn't make the Top 10 and Excalber does?
[Reply]
pnoon 11:42 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
Gasp! Rush is.... WRONG! Again and again and again... Anyone who lets him do their cigar thinking for them is headed for... whatever. Hearty Whites? Macanudos? Can find Fuentes? Don Pepin doesn't make the Top 10?
:-)
Rush is a windbag. I would be willing to bet that at least half the members here know more about cigars than he does.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:47 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
Rush is a windbag. I would be willing to bet that at least half the members here know more about cigars than he does.
I don't know Peter. Those Dominican Cohibas are the cream of the crop :-)

Rush is such an ass, shilling for Finck :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 11:50 AM 12-15-2008
didn't this douche once famously state that he only smokes LFDs?

what a tool.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:08 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
didn't this douche once famously state that he only smokes LFDs?

what a tool.
I guess Litto Gomez must have missed a payment!:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:27 PM 12-15-2008
Seams like there are a lot of libs on this forum.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:31 PM 12-15-2008
Seams like there are a lot of libs on this forum.
That is an ignorant statement.

Just because folks recognize that blowhard Limbaugh for what he is, does not speak to one's political tendenceis.
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:39 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
That is an ignorant statement.

Just because folks recognize that blowhard Limbaugh for what he is, does not speak to one's political tendenceis.
About as ignorant as the people putting him down. The majority of people that put Rush down do not listen to him on a daily basis. Please tell me what Rush says that you disagree with.

Rush Limbaugh is the leader of conservatism. Most people that disagree with him are liberals.
[Reply]
borndead1 12:42 PM 12-15-2008
About as ignorant as the people putting him down. The majority of people that put Rush down do not listen to him on a daily basis. Please tell me what Rush says that you disagree with.

Rush Limbaugh is the leader of conservatism. Most people that disagree with him are liberals.

Would you consider Libertarians to be "liberal" or "conservative"? :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 12:43 PM 12-15-2008

Be glad to.

I disagree with his pomposity when it comes to cigars. And that is what I posted. Please read the thread carefully. You do know what a cigar is don't you? Or are you here for a different agenda?

If I listened to Rush on a daily basis, I would have jammed a screwdriver in my ear long ago. And, unless you know the people here, don't jump to conclusions before knowing the facts about them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up